PDA

View Full Version : PS3 will be able to play with the PC in the Multi-Player?

DaniBeilin100
10-27-2010, 03:07 PM
As I wrote... Will I be able play my ACB multiplayer on my PC in a few month with some other guys that are using PS3 or XBOX?

DaniBeilin100
10-27-2010, 03:07 PM
As I wrote... Will I be able play my ACB multiplayer on my PC in a few month with some other guys that are using PS3 or XBOX?

persiateddy95
10-27-2010, 03:12 PM
I don't think so...

extrememuffin
10-27-2010, 03:20 PM
no other game has ever attempted this that i know of. and the reason why is it would be A LOT of work making sure all the games work on all the platforms together

magesupermaster
10-27-2010, 03:21 PM
Consoles aren't usually compatible with PC's and vise-versa..

DarkicoN14
10-27-2010, 03:28 PM
TBH ive thought this would be an awesome addition to gaming so you could add and play with friends who are on diff consoles. alas this will never happen. they need to make a pswii 360

magesupermaster
10-27-2010, 03:31 PM
Or the WiiXplay-BoxStation..

AnthonyA85
10-27-2010, 03:35 PM
It would be nice, but sadly, it'll never happen.

PSN and XBL are completely seperated from each other, and PC games on multiplayer are on seperate networks too, depending on what UBI will go for for the PC version, they might choose steam.

LaCava1
10-27-2010, 03:38 PM
I wish http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif. It will happen with some games though. The PC and PS3 versions of Portal 2 can play online. It was in an interview.

RoquePlayer
11-01-2010, 01:32 PM
I doubt that will happen in this one but in the next one it may (if it has multiplayer). I'm saying this because Sony and Valve are working to get steamworks features on the PS3 and also cross-platform co-op between PC and PS3 on the game Portal 2. But if this technology is ever applied too any other game you'll only be able to play with people who own it on Steam.

Mr_Shade
11-01-2010, 01:41 PM
Multiplayer modes are restricted to the same format..

So PC Vs PC - Xbox360 Vs Xbox360 and PS3 vs PS3...

There have been a few PC vs Xbox360 games [shadowrun for example] - however this is have calls of 'unfair' from people on both sides.. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

obliviondoll
11-02-2010, 10:26 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by extrememuffin:
no other game has ever attempted this that i know of. and the reason why is it would be A LOT of work making sure all the games work on all the platforms together </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
UT3 was PC/PS3 cross compatible.
Microsoft refused to allow cross-platform between XBox and PS3 though, so 360 players couldn't play vs. PC. Which also prevented them from getting player-created mods.
Wasn't exactly fair anyway, the console versions were a bad port of the PC version, and the controls were nowhere near as responsive as on PC. The guys who make Unreal are suspiciously bad at making their engine run well on consoles, particularly considering how well other companies have done it.

KZarr
11-02-2010, 10:49 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by obliviondoll:
The guys who make Unreal are suspiciously bad at making their engine run well on consoles, particularly considering how well other companies have done it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Don't you mean suspiciously bad at making their GAME run well on consoles? Cause Rainbox6 used the Unreal engine at it was AWESOME on the 360.

obliviondoll
11-02-2010, 10:54 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KZarr:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by obliviondoll:
The guys who make Unreal are suspiciously bad at making their engine run well on consoles, particularly considering how well other companies have done it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Don't you mean suspiciously bad at making their GAME run well on consoles? Cause Rainbox6 used the Unreal engine at it was AWESOME on the 360. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That was what I meant. Their use of the engine never works well on consoles, but other companies can make the same engine run very well. War For Cybertron worked better on PS3 and XBox than it did on PC, and that's also Unreal Engine.

And I personally think the PS2 version of Deus Ex was actually better than on PC. Felt like more Roleplaying was involved, because your auto-aim (an added feature to compensate for the decreased precision of the controls) was adjusted based on your character's accuracy stats. Made those stats matter more than they had on PC, where having a laser sight meant you could pinpoint target with any weapon regardless of your relevant weapon skill, (or lack thereof).