PDA

View Full Version : Infinite Stun (Manhunt Mode)

PkmnAssassin
01-27-2011, 04:38 AM
I was just in a Player Match - Manhunt Mode; it was 3v3. They were all in one group, and one of my teammates approaches this group for a kill. He unfortunately killed a civilian and got stunned by a smoke bomb. In the moment my third teammate and I was about to move in, the two other targets quickly spilt up, just to throw another smoke bomb of their own, making the whole area smoked. We all get stunned, and...

For the rest of the round (a LONG 5 minutes), they keep stunning us when we're about to get up. We're stuck in this loop and they just keep stacking up Knock-Out bonuses, ending up with 25,000+ points. It is impossible to kill when you're standing up, but they manage to do the stunning animation, WAY before you're FULLY on your legs.

And update needs to fix this problem. I love the Manhunt mode just as much as the other ones, but in Manhunt, it seem that the TARGETS are the real HUNTERS! -_-

I'm a level 50 player, so I've pretty much seen every aspect of this game, but this??? Well, I won't be playing AC:B MP until this is fixed.

PkmnAssassin
01-27-2011, 04:38 AM
I was just in a Player Match - Manhunt Mode; it was 3v3. They were all in one group, and one of my teammates approaches this group for a kill. He unfortunately killed a civilian and got stunned by a smoke bomb. In the moment my third teammate and I was about to move in, the two other targets quickly spilt up, just to throw another smoke bomb of their own, making the whole area smoked. We all get stunned, and...

For the rest of the round (a LONG 5 minutes), they keep stunning us when we're about to get up. We're stuck in this loop and they just keep stacking up Knock-Out bonuses, ending up with 25,000+ points. It is impossible to kill when you're standing up, but they manage to do the stunning animation, WAY before you're FULLY on your legs.

And update needs to fix this problem. I love the Manhunt mode just as much as the other ones, but in Manhunt, it seem that the TARGETS are the real HUNTERS! -_-

I'm a level 50 player, so I've pretty much seen every aspect of this game, but this??? Well, I won't be playing AC:B MP until this is fixed.

EscoBlades
01-27-2011, 04:40 AM
Press Y on Xbox 360.

Press triangle on PS3.

Both of those de-synch you and make you respawn somewhere else, away from the stunlock.

Stop complaining about something that's pointed out pretty obviously on the screen (especially as you claim to be a "level 50 player") http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

Profit. Have a great day.

Airwinz
01-27-2011, 04:42 AM
Are you actually joking your level 50 and you don't know how to sort this its very very simple when you get stunned in Manhunt press Y or Triangle to de sync and change your class so there you have it you can go back and play AC to your hearts content

Steelbadger
01-27-2011, 04:47 AM
You can revive when stunned. That breaks the cycle. If it's a major problem consider some tactics that people ignore out of hand:
Charge (If everyone on your team has charge it makes it very hard for them to keep you at bay).
Hidden Guns (naff all points for the kill but it puts the enemy team one man down and unable to keep up a stun lock cycle and you can get 2 kills before you're stunned).
Templar Vision (Do not give them free stuns by hitting the wrong target).
Firecrackers (Use them from buildings and around corner, THEN go in for the kill).
If you're good then there's also the possibility of Disguise + Poison. If you can approach stealthily then you can get 2 kills before being noticed/stunned.

If they have a habit of stun-locking get into the habit of de-syncing after every stun so as to give them no opportunity to re-stun you.

It will always be extremely difficult to defeat an organised team, like this one obviously was, but with a few changes of tactics you can stop them from locking you down and at least make a match of it.

PkmnAssassin
01-27-2011, 04:53 AM
I know I can de-synch, but what I'm saying is that the hunters should be able to kill their targets when standing up from a stun, and not the other way. I just let them have the fun, because of the bugged *nasty word*. And what if I didn't want to change profile? People shouldn't be taking shortcuts, if there ARE issues with the metagame that needs to be fixed. Are you guys saying that IF you get stunned, you're FORCED the de-synch?

EscoBlades
01-27-2011, 04:57 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PkmnAssassin:
I know I can de-synch, but what I'm saying is that the hunters should be able to kill their targets when standing up from a stun, and not the other way. I just let them have the fun, because of the bugged *nasty word*. And what if I didn't want to change profile? People shouldn't be taking shortcuts, if there ARE issues with the metagame that needs to be fixed. Are you guys saying that IF you get stunned, you're FORCED the de-synch? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you get STUN-LOCKED then you have to de-synch. Or you could carry on taking punishment. I don't mind. At 200 points per punch, i'm not complaining at all.

If you play against an organised team, expect to get rolled over. either that or adapt your tactics to maximise efficiency with your teammates. best case scenario, you kill all members of the other team before they can organise a stun lock. Worst case, i knock your teeth out 7+ times in a 5 minute round.

Your choice really.

PkmnAssassin
01-27-2011, 05:00 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Steelbadger:

[...]

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok, I got a little couragement from you, thanks. I'll be back to game now, but I'd rather have this fixed. It was kind of silly that my parter killed the wrong guy and "started" all of this.

Off-topic: I keep searching for Alliance mode, but no games are found. I wanna find out more about the Templar Grade Pyramid, but haven't played a single Alliance Mode in ages. Is it that unpopular? I guess it's not the same, if you don't have a microphone.

DeanOMiite
01-27-2011, 05:01 AM
It doesn't seem like that big an obstacle to overcome. You're given the option to desync. If you know it's there and you know it's the way to get out of a stun-lock...then really it's your own fault if you get locked.

It's like looking at a snow-covered driveway and saying "there needs to be a way to move all this snow!" and then someone hands you a shovel and you say "What? Shovel? No, it just shouldn't snow!"

Doesn't make much sense...

obliviondoll
01-27-2011, 05:14 AM
Also, next time you find your targets after respawning, remember that it happened - starting off by having someone drop firecrackers will put a dent in the opponents' ability to repeat stun, and sticking one of your teammates on the roof will allow you to guarantee at least one kill, which guarantees at least one of you will be left without someone stunning them, so you'll get to take the rest out as well if they don't cut and run as soon as they lose the first guy - and even then you have options if any of the team have knives, gun, or smoke bombs of your own.

BeCk41
01-27-2011, 05:46 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PkmnAssassin:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Steelbadger:

[...]

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok, I got a little couragement from you, thanks. I'll be back to game now, but I'd rather have this fixed. It was kind of silly that my parter killed the wrong guy and "started" all of this.

Off-topic: I keep searching for Alliance mode, but no games are found. I wanna find out more about the Templar Grade Pyramid, but haven't played a single Alliance Mode in ages. Is it that unpopular? I guess it's not the same, if you don't have a microphone. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey there, I like Alliance all the same, but there are just not enough players to start the game when I'm there. I always say; 'just wait more people will come, then no one shows up & 5/6 people leave. Then I am the only stubborn person left and the game searches & never finds anyone else (my guess is they switched to Manhunt). Having a microphone is optitional, if you really know the person then use, otherwise it can sometimes bring u down (like when both of you talk @ the same time.) ?

El Zo1212o
01-27-2011, 02:23 PM
Y'know, I know about the desync button to overcome a stunlock, but OP has a point- the game favors the hunters at every turn except this one. It would make sense to me for the hunters to have the ability to kill earlier than the targets to stun- ofcourse, have it set to lose the contract on the enemy team member that stunned you, but not the others on the team. Stun locking(in my opinion) is contrary to the point of the game, and this could prevent it from happening.

HiTs4rMaBonG
01-27-2011, 03:01 PM
Theres no advantage or disadvantage. Theres a counter for everything. Try using a roof if you dont wanna get smoked. Charge 'em, it was said above, plenty of skills can avoid this problem. And so can getting a better team. Im VERY SURPRISED that you have just come in contect with stunlocking being a level 50. Otherwise, you'd have figured out some way of avoiding it. I really want to just laugh, but ive been there....

CaptainAyslum
01-27-2011, 03:30 PM
they dont need to take that out i chain stun quite often its pretty fun just press y or triangle if it happens to you i mean honstly if i stun you theres still a chance were you can counter me even though most of the time the person of defense usually presses the stun first honestly the chain stunning is fun and fair if your to proud to press y or triangle then thats more your fault i hope they dont fix it cause its not a problem to begin with

El Zo1212o
01-27-2011, 05:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CaptainAyslum:
... i hope they dont fix it cause its not a problem to begin with </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I can't say I'm surprised to hear you say that, Rudest.

SolidSage
01-27-2011, 06:08 PM
Are you serious? The Stunfest is perhaps one of the most fun challenges of the Manhunt dynamic. Both teams get opportunities at it and a good team or partnership can really exhibit their skill by doing it well.
I was just on Manhunt earlier with my partner and we ended the match with a double Stunlock, after the third switch off and stun the two Hunters 'Y'd out of it, which I take as a complimentary "you got us man".
Get up to speed on the Stunfest and I think you will change your tune, it's awesome fun!

obliviondoll
01-27-2011, 06:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ElZo1212o:
Y'know, I know about the desync button to overcome a stunlock, but OP has a point- the game favors the hunters at every turn except this one. It would make sense to me for the hunters to have the ability to kill earlier than the targets to stun- ofcourse, have it set to lose the contract on the enemy team member that stunned you, but not the others on the team. Stun locking(in my opinion) is contrary to the point of the game, and this could prevent it from happening. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
What they do is, the person who just stunned you isn't able to stun again until after you have your contract back.

For a team to stunlock you, they HAVE to be working together.

And your team have to fail to prevent them doing so.

And your team have to ALL sit there without pressing the desynch button.

If you give away more than 3 stuns in a row, then get stunlocked again the next time you go after your targets, you probably deserve it.

SolidSage
01-27-2011, 06:29 PM
There are already so many ways to beat stun locks, guns from elevated positions, well timed twin charges, muting on approach, the list goes on and on.
The game is really good as is, lag accounts for a lot of real issues associated with failed abilities but that's inherent in every game until they give you a lobby with ping to choose from.
Some things could use 'refining' but changing gameplay now is just going to put off as many people as it makes happy. Can you imagine if they took hijacking cars out of GTA because a certain percentage of players didn't have the hang of it? You might say that hijacking cars in GTA isn't a fair comparison to stun locking in ACB MP but to me and a lot of people it IS that much of an integral part of the game.
If stun lock gets taken out on request next it'll be remove stun altogether or roofing or any number of elements that SOME players have difficulty with. Might as well make the goal bigger in Soccer while we're at it, it's hard to hit from center!

Yes, you all hurt my feelings trying to take away one of the things I love about ACBMP, you cut me deep Shrek, you cut me deep.

focuspuller
01-27-2011, 08:43 PM
Sometimes I've gotten stunlocked, and the y is not available. I'm not just talking about the icon. I would mash y and not respawn.

DannyStrong
01-28-2011, 12:40 AM
This is one of the many things in the game they never explained and you have to learn through expirmination... If you press Y when you get stunned you can respawn.

Personally though, I think stunning should be taken out of the game. It's supposed to be used when your pursuer messes up and you want to humiliate them. What has ended up happening is that it's used so the "defensive" team can still be offensive. Plus while they wait for their targets/pursuers (however you see it) to walk in they get to just blend in the group and get free +15 points. Oh yeah and if you try to stun someone who isn't your pursuer by accident? No biggie! there is nothing bad that could come of this, it won't give away your position or anything, hell it wont even let you use stun unless it's on your pursuer. Defense on manhunt is just too easy.

Instead the defensive team should use their abilities to help them escape their pursuer. You should throw a smokebomb and then run if your pursuer messes up.

aniida
01-28-2011, 06:07 AM
I think that stun is a vital part of the game, and a well organised team being able to coordinate a defence should get their brownie points.

It's like Tom and Jerry with the mouse dancing on a dazed cat - you were outsmarted, or not stealthy enough to avoid them triggering a smoke/mute, or your team mates weren't around when you went it alone. If no one is around, I'll desynch and try again.

It always seemed to me a hunter shouldn't get an incog/silent kill if you fall into a stunlock, which eventually ends as a matter of attrition.

Maybe all those stuns could induce enough head-trauma to desynch you automatically - being punched in the head would put you out for a bit longer than the game does. Would clear out the bodies in chest capture if they did this though which might shift the balance too far (personally I like the way it is now).

SolidSage
01-28-2011, 10:55 AM
@ Aniida

Taking stun out just means that during the match you play two ENTIRELY different archetypes, i.e; first round I'm an assassin (why I play the game in the first place) second round I'm an average guy that can run and climb but doesn't have a clue about how to defend himself??? Where's the continuity in that? Stunfests are a byproduct of mad skillz proven by the fact that not everyone can do it, in fact it appears to be one of the harder skills to master. Our avatars should be real threats on both sides of manhunt otherwise only half of us are playing Assassins Creed while the other half during the match are playing 'well dressed park our challenge with people trying to kill you'......not the game I thought I was buying when looking at the title.

EQWashu
01-28-2011, 02:05 PM
thats sounds like you might have been playing against me and xthexpert if you were on PS3 lol Its not cheating I'm afraid, you can press the triangle (on PS3) to leave the stun lock and respawn.

I do however thing Ubisoft should change what it says underneath the button to may just say 'Respawn' instead of 'Change Profile', or maybe say both. Although I also wish you could change your sets without having to wait for someone to stun you.

Zoidberg747
01-25-2012, 07:25 PM
This thread is literally a year old dude, lmfao

Ripe Claw
01-25-2012, 08:01 PM
This old idiot is the reason AC:R Manhunt Blows.

DeanOMiite
01-25-2012, 08:14 PM
hahahaha, holy geez, nice necrobump!

Mizuchi, how did you even find this thread. It's been dead for literally a year THIS WEEK....

Leather_Knight
01-25-2012, 09:12 PM
Keep this dead thing slightly revived until Friday so we can all wish it a happy birthday?