PDA

View Full Version : I know I know, not a rant, but seriously Zekes are way to manueverable at high speed

roybaty
12-16-2004, 05:43 PM
The Zeke's inability T&B at high speed with US planes was the best and only advantage early war US pilots had. Zekes would be extremely difficult to manuever approaching and exceeding 300mph, this is pretty well known.

While in my F6F diving at 320mph, and yanking back hard (hoping to use this historical advantage) I saw to my horror a Zeke keeping with me easily. It tore me a new one. This was an AI plane so maybe there is a difference online, I'll test this with my squaddies soon.

I love this game, but this just isn't right guys. Zekes can be challeging when flown well even with historical limitations so I hope this wasn't a sacrifice for the sake playability/fun factor. The whole point of having different planes is because they are...well different otherwise why bother.

Fliger747
12-16-2004, 08:47 PM
It appears that this 'problem' has diminished somewhat in the latest patch. I know in a very high speed dive in an F4U that I can turn fast enough to the right that the zero cann'a get a firing lead on me. With the tables reversed I know a Seafire was able to handily outmanuver me due to my inability out turn him at high speed. The manuverability got really BAD when I was flying the Zeke at above 250 knots.

Feathered_IV
12-17-2004, 07:09 AM
I also have noticed a marked reduction in manoeverability with the 3.02 patch. Against faster allied types it can really be a struggle now.

roybaty
12-17-2004, 11:15 AM
Well I flew around in the Zip...err Zeke last night. It is pretty hard to manuever at high speed, maybe it's the AI FM only? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

p1ngu666
12-18-2004, 06:38 AM
yep its teh ai