PDA

View Full Version : facing multiple foes with an energy disadvantage

raaaid
06-18-2006, 10:35 AM
im able to take to a circle 3 or 4 foes and i out turn them all

but when im about to get the first he breaks

if i follow him the others down me but if i keep turning its him who downs me

my idea is turning in an upwards spiral getting energy advantage above them all little by little but this takes too long

how do you face multiple foes with E disadvantage?

by the way ive noticed dreamers are not liked here by realism fanatics and are laughed at, i wont disguise my personality because of that ill keep believing maybe the world is a fair place and all the horror in the news are faked for some reason like that buttered cats article, hey i said maybe

raaaid
06-18-2006, 10:35 AM

my idea is turning in an upwards spiral getting energy advantage above them all little by little but this takes too long

by the way ive noticed dreamers are not liked here by realism fanatics and are laughed at, i wont disguise my personality because of that ill keep believing maybe the world is a fair place and all the horror in the news are faked for some reason like that buttered cats article, hey i said maybe

Xiolablu3
06-18-2006, 10:41 AM
Type in chat/report on teamspeak, help needed at (your location) and tell them you are heading towards your base if you have time.

Radiator shut, WEP on and dive dive dive and run towards your base and flak, when one dives on you, turn as tight as you can and hope he misses through not being able to turn as tight as he is faster, or spilt S and fly under him.

Now Keep turning until you are agian facing you base, dive (if you can) and get a little closer to base until the next one attacks.

Repeat until you are near your own flak, or teamates. Always try to pick up speed by (diving if you can) when you have time in order to lessen the attacks from the enemy planes.

DONT climb, you are a sitting duck in a climb. Forget about fighting back. Go defensive and find some teamates or flak to help you.

WHat plane are you in and what are you facing? That info would enable me to give better advice on what to do.

Xiolablu3
06-18-2006, 11:00 AM
AHh sorry, I misunderstood, you mean that YOU have the energy advantage?

Then you should Yoyo and they can not touch you.

B&Z to your hearts content.

Just be sure not to turn too much and lose your speed advantage.

Dive down, shoot, if you miss ,no matter, just climb back up and repeat. Better to live than to let the others get on your 6.

Repeat until you feel they are getting to close to you then dive away back toyour own lines.

Remember that the more you turn, the slower you get. Don't try and stick on the tail of one which has seen you coming, if you have to turn too much to get him then forget it and climb back up.

tigertalon
06-18-2006, 11:06 AM
Looks like a situation where you fly spit. This should be easy, actualy shame on you if you cannot do it with Spit25lb. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

(Why? Er, energy is imortant on planets/in planes where gravity exists, in/on others it's irrelevant).

raaaid
06-18-2006, 11:20 AM
no no i meant with my disadvantage

i can handle two foes if they are not too good

they wont bnz because both want the kill that looks easy but i sometimes manage to out turn both, then i go for the best

id like to be able now to defeat three foes

i love this game is never ending then i could go for 4

VW-IceFire
06-18-2006, 11:57 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by raaaid:

by the way ive noticed dreamers are not liked here by realism fanatics and are laughed at, i wont disguise my personality because of that ill keep believing maybe the world is a fair place and all the horror in the news are faked for some reason like that buttered cats article, hey i said maybe </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Basically you're screwed. Facing one opponent energy disadvantage generally means that you're going to be faced with either a defeat or a very long and hard fought battle where you may be able to gain advantage if the other guy screws up and the E difference isn't huge.

Facing multiple means that someone is going to get you or the odds are going to change. Calling in a friendly, keeping what speed you have, and constantly evading is what you have to do. Escape is your only option unless friendlies arrive.

rnzoli
06-18-2006, 12:24 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">how do you face multiple foes with E disadvantage? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
If they are not too good, I try to make them slow down as well, tight turns with 50% power and then accelerate again, so we are getting even, always keeping a look at my six.

If they are good, clouds are my dear friends. It's quite fun to play hide and seek with 3 or more opponents. It would be a mistake to call in a friendly that way - with all enemies, it's easy to pick targets - all of them are targets.

Without clouds, my only hope is that they collide. Scissors help that way, but if one of them dives on me regularly, lining up for a while can do the same trick, using the elevator only.

Finally, control-E is my last resort. Especially before I have been hit http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Xiolablu3
06-18-2006, 02:13 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tigertalon:
Looks like a situation where you fly spit. This should be easy, actualy shame on you if you cannot do it with Spit25lb. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

(Why? Er, energy is imortant on planets/in planes where gravity exists, in/on others it's irrelevant). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bit of a whiny post there TT, you getting shot down a lot by Spitfire 25lbs these days ? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I never find it on any servers to be honest.

LStarosta
06-18-2006, 03:12 PM
In Spit +25lbs:

Engage WEP.

Raise Gear (if applicable).

Point Aircraft Up.

Xiolablu3
06-18-2006, 10:21 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LStarosta:
In Spit +25lbs:

Engage WEP.

Point Aircraft Up. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah right.

I just tried this and it stalls just like every other plane.

EDIT : Can believe I fell for this. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/touche.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

chris455
06-18-2006, 10:44 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">how do you face multiple foes with E disadvantage? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

1 Run.
2 Pray.
3 Repeat steps 1 and 2. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

HellToupee
06-18-2006, 11:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xiolablu3:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LStarosta:
In Spit +25lbs:

Engage WEP.

Yeah right.

I just tried this and it stalls just like every other plane. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

spitfire can only exert gravity defying properties if u are in a german plane.

Ironman69
06-18-2006, 11:41 PM
If you're gonna face multiple opponents who have an Energy advantage over you, the best way to stay alive is to fight them smartly. I'm gonna show you how to win if running away isn't an option.
The main thing you must realize is that you are defensive...and the first thing you should be doing now is to evaluate which opponent at any given time is the most threatening to your well being and you must engage ( or evade ) this enemy first. REMEMBER..saving your ammo at this point is stupid, you're prolly gonna die anyways..so why save your ammo? SHOOT at any oppertunity, and shoot often!! The more enemies you can damage or kill greatly increases your chances of survival..and it makes your brain more capable of keeping track of less enemies.. i.e. 2 enemies instead of 3 or 4. Once the primary threat has been avoided, you must now maneuver to counter the next greatest threat. The idea is to keep maneuvering your aircraft as each opponent becomes the greatest threat..and turn your aircraft to meet each new threat. The ability to judge and maneuver your aircraft towards ( or away from ) the greatest threat at any given moment takes great skill and flying ability, and only practice and iron-clad concentration will gain you these skills.
Having now judged which enemy is the greatest threat to you at critical moments, you must now strive to maintain a position which places you in a good neutral ( or if possible ADVANTAGEOUS) position. In other words..you must try to fly in a place that makes a guns shot by your enemies as hard as possible to make, all the while trying not to fly in a position that makes you an easy shot for the remaining enemies.
Once you have established a good position for the time being, IT IS IMPERATIVE that you start re-gaining ENERGY parity. In other words..you must now try to recover your energy state to match that of the opponents'. Now this is very hard to do, especially against multiple attacking bogeys firing on you. BUT, with determined effort and a little luck, this CAN be done. To quickly judge your energy state to your opponents' energy state, use your own maneuvering potential as a standard to base all other energy states against. In other words..if you start a small climb and find that the enemy easily outclimbs you, you will now know his "E" state is much greater than yours, based on your own potential.
Once you have gained somewhat neutral energy parity, you can now start to engage the contacts with greater chances of defeating them one at a time. ONCE YOU HAVE REGAINED YOUR ENERGY..TRY NOT TO MANEUVER IN SHARP TURNS ..AS THIS WILL DEGRADE YOUR ENERGY BACK TO NOTHING AND MAKING YOU AN EASY TARGET AGAIN.
The only thing left to do now is to engage each bogey and stay with him/her until you kill him/her, OR when the next enemy fighter becomes a greater threat, at which point you disengage from your current target..and turn to meet your new threat. Do this until each opponent is killed and always working to kill any bogey at any oppertunity.
GOOD LUCK!! REMEMBER SITUATION AWARENESS IS THE KEY TO SURVIVING!!! KNOW WHERE YOU ARE ..AND WHERE ALL YOUR ENEMIES ARE!!

Ironman69
06-19-2006, 03:27 AM
i hope what i wrote makes sense http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

rnzoli
06-19-2006, 04:04 AM
well, it does, but it would have been easier to understand if you also provide tracks to prove this http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

tigertalon
06-19-2006, 04:16 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xiolablu3:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tigertalon:

(Why? Er, energy is imortant on planets/in planes where gravity exists, in/on others it's irrelevant). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bit of a whiny post there TT, you getting shot down a lot by Spitfire 25lbs these days ? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I never find it on any servers to be honest. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unfortunately I don't fly these days, I never met a spit25lb on any server and never flown it. Actually I dont' fly IL2 from february somewhen... I hope to shoot you down soon http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif. My opinion bout 25lb spit is based purely on the feeling I got from all other people.

And yes, it is a bit of whiny post... I'm still quite convinced spit is modelled with a bit of bias. It's energy retention, running with oil leak literaly for ever, no overheating, reaching maximum speed with only 85% of the throttle, to me personally also DM seemed quite strong in comparison with other similar fighters (eg 109)... Ah, I don't want to turn this thread into another whinning fest or flame war. It's just my oppinion and I just take it as a fact. That's why spits are my fav targets. They are so cocky most of the times, that they look really surprised after I outturn them with my Fw190A and blast them to heaven. Most of the times their response is:"WTF?? U citter! Admins, ban him, he fecking haxxorz!!"

Didn't work on you though. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Xiolablu3
06-19-2006, 05:00 AM
You should come and fly UK2 mate, real good these days.

I dont fly SPit25lbs either, as no servers seem to have it on, it simply is too overwhelming. I guess a Me262 vs SPit 25lbs and Tempest Scenario would be good. Maybe Firelok or Icefire will make one.

The Spit does overheat, but it takes a while. I have read that normal real Spit could climb with WEP full on and not overheat. Also the Throttle only goes up to 100% not overreving like the GErman planes 110%. There is NO mention of overheat anywhere in the Spitfire IX manual.

Spit is not strong, its about the same as a late 109 in DM, which is about correct I would think. Nothing like a La5 or FW190. Its slow, and isnt the best at anything. It is, however, easy for new guys (how it should be).

I cannot see how 1C Maddox could be biased towards the Spitfire and at the same time hate the Mustang? Remember the cold war? UK was Allied with the US. Surely if there was bias towards the West/Capitalism, the Spitfire and P51 would be ****?

It certainly doesnt run with an oil leak forever, and one mg shot often kills your engine dead (historically correct)

(non 25lbs) Spitfire is good, but not best at anything, apart from ease of use. (one of its true big strengths in WW2). Most contemporary German planes can engage and disengage at will from a normal Spitfire.

It IS a sweet plane in the game, but again, historically it WAS a sweet plane to fly. Very good wingloading means it turns almost as well as a Zero, cant see anything wrong with that, as long as it isnt outturning Zeros (which it doesnt - trust me)

As things are now, and without the Me262 on servers, I think the 'normal' Mark VIII and Mk IX are the way to go 1943 and on.

MkV are pretty poor versus 109F4/FW190A4. All you have is turn advantage, a wise Blue pilot can deal with a MkV without ever being in any danger if he takes his time.

I fly blue a lot these days , and I know the normal Spit is a fearsome opponent, but using a lot of teamwork and your head, you can overcome a squad of Spit IX's even in a slower FW190 (which , if it doesnt have speed, only has firepower and roll advantage over Spit) I know all the cards are in the Spits hand, in this scenario however. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

From what I have been reading recently, the La5FN seems to be the most overmodelled plane in terms of speed and turn right now. BUt I xcannot be sure about that. I am going a lot on your FW190 test thread on Ukded forums and trusting the data people posted in there :-

http://www.battle-fields.com/commscentre/showthread.php...ghlight=antons+level (http://www.battle-fields.com/commscentre/showthread.php?t=10155&highlight=antons+level)

Ahh well, its all opinions I guess. You should come for a game sometime. Some great new maps on the server.

PS : Sorry for taking thread off topic, I kept thinkin gof things I wanted to add and it just kept growing http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

flakwagen
06-19-2006, 05:44 AM
When facing off against Russian fighters above 2500m, I sometimes drive streight for the deck. If the VVS pilot is new or gets excited, he will try to follow, which of course causes his ride to break up.

It doesn't work very often, but when it does, it is hilarious- and a life saver. It works well against MIG3s, early Yaks and LaGGs.

Flak

danjama
06-19-2006, 05:47 AM
In Spit +25lbs:

Engage WEP.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

raaaid
06-19-2006, 06:27 AM
the spit 25lbs made me fall in love with this game again because i can face multiple foes with it

the problem i see is the 109 k is way behind the spit

i dont like flying my spit vs 1 109 becaus of being too easy i need 2 or 3 109

on the other hand i dont like flying a 109 against a 25 lbs because if the pilot is equal to me im done for

so i think the best solution for bob would be matching 109 and spit performance making pilot skill what counts

the 109 is much easier to fly than the spit and turns much worse, i think it should be exactly the opposite

Xiolablu3
06-19-2006, 06:43 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by raaaid:
the 109 is much easier to fly than the spit and turns much worse, i think it should be exactly the opposite </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is wrong mate.

The 109 should not turn as well as a full winged Spitfire, the wingloading of the Spitfire is better. Even with all the back biting which goes on here, I think most people recognise that the contemporary Spitfire should outturn the 109 at most combat speeds. The planes are so similar as too have not many different factors other than wing loading and power loading to affect their difference, and the Spitfire wins out here in scientific turn performance. (ie neither have all sorts of gadgets like the P38 to improve turn rate)

Also the Spitfire was very well known as being one of the easiest planes to fly and especially forgiving for new pilots.

I think the game reflects this well.

One place where the 109F4/109G2 can compete with a SPitfire in turn is at near stall speed, with flaps maybe on. I think its because of the slats. The later 109's got heavier and heavier and have worse turn performance than the F4/G2.

I also think that the Spitfire is much easier for knew pilots to fight in than the 109's. True to life.

BTW, where do you find a server with Spitfire 25lbs , which is not a pure dogfight server (Red vs Blue, Any plane available for both sides is what I mean by 'dogfight' server)

Brain32
06-19-2006, 07:54 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> There is NO mention of overheat anywhere in the Spitfire IX manual. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
There is NO mention in TempestV manual either, but what both mention are engine limitations. There is also the 85%+WEP thingy which is downright ridiculous.
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Spit is not strong, its about the same as a late 109 in DM </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Respectfully disagree, performance degradation due to damage is optimistic, PK is really rare considering weapons it faces, fire is as rare as on the FW's, 109 is IMO much more fragile.

Xiolablu3
06-19-2006, 08:03 AM
I disagree, I fly both about equally and I am sure the DM are about the same.

I get Pked in both about equally. Usually by flak or bomber gunners. Only the other day I was pked first shot from 800 yards by a Ju88 on warclouds in a Spitfire. I didnt even hear the bullet hit. Engines are regualrly taken out in one small mg hit. You cannot stand to be hit by return fire from a bomber even once most of the time.

In a FW190 you can very often see the mg fire hitting the cockpit glass in front of you (big sparks) around 7-8 times before you are pked, this never happens in a 109 or Spitfire.
I have seen some docs which say there is no overheat on the real Spitfire IX even when climbing at WEP indefinitely. Will try and find them. Radiator is efficient. Throttle doesnt go up to 110% etc.

Not sure about the 85% WEP throttle 'thingy' as I am not sure exactly what you mean and I havent tested any such thing/dont know the details. Maybe it can get to full speed at 85% throttle, but the extra 15% is used for climbing? I dunno, dont know much about it. Have you tried this in any other planes?

I remember some tests of a Mark IX with rads forced closed climbing to 25,000feet before overheating.

Brain32
06-19-2006, 08:17 AM
DM is highly subjective, I've also been PK'ed in a FW190 during high speed slashing attacks on a B25 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif I am mostly talking about fighter vs. fighter here.
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Maybe it can get to full speed at 85% throttle, but the extra 15% is used for climbing? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Sounds pretty ridiculous to me, that's 15% less than max power, and yes I tested a lot of planes for that they were FAR from their max speed, SpitfiresMkIXe(all versions) and Spit25 can do it, I did not test other Spits, other planes were dropping short of their max speed by about 30-40Km/h, Tempest lost only about 20Km/h but you're guessing it, Tempest can't run at 85+wep - it will overheat http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

Zoom2136
06-19-2006, 08:23 AM
Beleive me if they are two ... you are dead ... just a matter of time (if they are any good)... one will keep you turning ... the other will climb and B&Z you're *** and it's bye bye wings... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

172 online kills and counting (since last stats reset) http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

Manu-6S
06-19-2006, 08:30 AM
Spitvs109

Map: Battle_of_the_Bulge

A map with late-planes like Spit9 25lbs, Me262 (but curiously it's the U4 version... oh no, it's not curious, it's Spitvs109!) and Bf109K4 (not the C3 version, always curious, isn't it?).

A friend of mine usually fly BF but some days ago I found him on comms and said "Damn, I tried Spit9 and in 15 minutes I got 3 kills... such a noob plane" http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif

Xiolablu3
06-19-2006, 08:31 AM
Just been looking for Spitfire overheat info but all I can find is that WEP was not recommended for more than 5 minutes.

What I can see by searching google is that 1c Maddox reworked the Spitfire overheat in patch 2.04. Now why would they change it to intentionally make it wrong?

I dont know enough about it to comment to be honest. I looked for that report but cant find anything now, maybe I was wrong.

I know that the RAF sometimes tested rate of climb by forcing the radiators shut on the MkIX's just as a theorectical test. I guess they would have mentioned if the engine seized. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I agree that overheat is strange in the sim, but I dont know enough to say it is definitely wrong or not. Its hard to say because 5 minute limit at WEP is to ensure no damage to the engine so it doesnt have to be rebuilt, who is to say how long it will run without damaging it unless we have a proper merlin engine report?

One very strange thing is that the Spitfire cools when you pull G's too slow down, not just when you shut off the revs??

Xiolablu3
06-19-2006, 08:36 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Manu-6S:
Spitvs109

Map: Battle_of_the_Bulge

A map with late-planes like Spit9 25lbs, Me262 (but curiously it's the U4 version... oh no, it's not curious, it's Spitvs109!) and Bf109K4 (not the C3 version, always curious, isn't it?).

A friend of mine usually fly BF but some days ago I found him on comms and said "Damn, I tried Spit9 and in 15 minutes I got 3 kills... such a noob plane" http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe a noob plane, maybe just a really good plane? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Damn, also that F22 Raptor is such a noob plane, US air force should still be flying P38's and show some skillz!

HotelBushranger
06-19-2006, 08:40 AM
Nope it's a noob plane http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

I finally know who it is that's been raping me with Merlin engine hax whilst I'm struggling in my Veltro. It's raaaid! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif

Manu-6S
06-19-2006, 08:58 AM

Maybe a noob plane, maybe just a really good plane? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe TOO good. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Xiolablu3
06-19-2006, 09:11 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Manu-6S:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe TOO good. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe not? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Manu-6S
06-19-2006, 09:46 AM

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe TOO good. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe not? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Xiolablu3
06-20-2006, 07:14 AM
Written by the Lord and master himself regarding the Spitfire (and he is talking about the Spitfire mk5) :-

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Oleg_Maddox:

But I think anyway these who fly really bad will have a trouble flying in FW190 against very easy flying Spit (what is stated a lot of pilots comparing to FW-190 or Bf-109, even FW-190 was easy controlable aircraft... Simply at critical values spit is better...then both of them... This is fact. Sometime its bette even than Yak-3 for critical situations in control). I personally have no trobles in FW -190A4 against Spit V of any modelled modification if to use right tactic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Amen.

SeaFireLIV
06-20-2006, 07:33 AM
Best bet is to get low, shout for help and run... R U N!

raaaid
06-20-2006, 09:48 AM
i think the only disadvantage of the 109 vs spit is that the elevator control is stiffer on the 109 but this means nothing if you use the elevator trim

if you use the elevator trim you can even break the wings of a 109 at high speed

and if the spit has the advantage on the wing loading the 109 has it on the desplegable slats

Manu-6S
06-20-2006, 10:01 AM
and if the spit has the advantage on the wing loading the 109 has it on the desplegable slats </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, slats open when you have low speed or, however, you are near stall, but to regain speed you have to "close" the slats: in F to G2 i found it very easy, not so in E and G6 and after.

In a spiral climb later 109 are not a thread for Spit25lbs (my opinion).

Bye