PDA

View Full Version : 4.10 & AI bomber gunners

gothkrieger
01-16-2011, 07:43 PM
I am running 4.07 out of the box, been hearing about the crack AI bomber gunners, does that change with the 4.10 version?

gothkrieger
01-16-2011, 07:43 PM
I am running 4.07 out of the box, been hearing about the crack AI bomber gunners, does that change with the 4.10 version?

VW-IceFire
01-16-2011, 09:13 PM
Some say yes... some say no.

The AI gunner code was changed... they now can't see very well at night and they are blinded by the sun. They are still not affected by G forces but I find far fewer first shot straight to the forehead type shots from them.

Then again I rarely had an issue. If you use proper techniques to attack a bomber you don't get hit as nearly as often.

WTE_Galway
01-16-2011, 09:20 PM
meh .. as always, if you set your bombers to "ace" expect grief.

All this would have been avoided if instead of:

novice
average
veteran
ace

Oleg had instead used the labels

easy
normal
hard
very difficult

Romanator21
01-16-2011, 10:11 PM
I feel that the bomber gunners are definitely not as good as they were before, at least in daylight.

Another bonus is that tanks can't snipe you with their main gun http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

BadA1m
01-17-2011, 06:20 AM
I've found a definite improvement, while a dead astern attack is still a bad idea (as it well should be), you rarely get shot right between the eyes for your insolence anymore. Your aircraft will get shot up, be sure, but it just feels more plausible.