PDA

View Full Version : Things that hint towards the possibilities...

Rompipalle1488
07-03-2010, 11:43 AM
Have you ever considered the possibility of there actually being...
Templars?
Or Assassins?
There are quite a few things that hint towards the possibilities.
Caterina Sforza once said: "If I were to write about my life, I would shock the world."
This is highly plausible, since I'm sure most of the forum has already seen the new single player commentary video for Brotherhood, showing the beginning of the game.
Is there really a Creed or an Order?

Rompipalle1488
07-03-2010, 11:43 AM
Have you ever considered the possibility of there actually being...
Templars?
Or Assassins?
There are quite a few things that hint towards the possibilities.
Caterina Sforza once said: "If I were to write about my life, I would shock the world."
This is highly plausible, since I'm sure most of the forum has already seen the new single player commentary video for Brotherhood, showing the beginning of the game.
Is there really a Creed or an Order?

PineApplle
07-03-2010, 11:59 AM
There is indeed, there was for sure, but I do say "is" because if Im not wrong there are a few at our days now. If have seen the POP movie, these are your guys. There called Hasansins (Arabic), and there named for there ways of killing. In Hebrew/Arabic the word "Hashish" stands for weed. It says the Hasansins use weed to make there new recruits, the drug them, then take them to a palace with wine and women, everything they want, after that drug them again and tell them if they want their "dream" to come true the need to join them.

If you wanna know better its at wiki, thats where I read about it myself.

mikeh1294
07-03-2010, 12:35 PM
The Templars and Assassins did exist, and they were enemies. However, I doubt they fought at the scale of the Assassin's Creed Universe, only when they were near each other (Crusades).

Rompipalle1488
07-03-2010, 12:55 PM
There are probably real Temps and Assassins in the world just because of the game.

Rompipalle1488
07-03-2010, 05:44 PM
Like, people played it and then got the idea of becoming one of either.
Why wasn't there a thread like this before?

Murcuseo
07-03-2010, 06:21 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rompipalle1488:
There are probably real Temps and Assassins in the world just because of the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol Nice thought but I doubt that very much, there may be some kids running around in hoodies and capes with plastic swords but the chances of someone actually becoming a Templar or Assassin because of AC is virtually nill. They may choose to adopt some of the philosophy but other than that... nah!

They certainly wouldn't manage to live the kind of life that would justify or earn them the title http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif

My opinion is that if they did exist the 'order' would have died out with the modern age, they're probably all retired or working for the government.

True Fax!

Rompipalle1488
07-04-2010, 03:21 AM
Haha, good point, but you never know, there could be more money in working for the order.

Marius_Darkwolf
07-04-2010, 03:28 AM
Hashish was in fact named after the original order, of Hashishim. And the Templars were an ancient order of knights (Simular to that depicted in AC1) that found some kind of treasure (what this treasure was is still being debated today) under Solomon's temple, and used it to parley themselves into power. Eventually their corruption got out of hand and the order was disbanded with prejudice (ie the french gov, Catholic Church and other governments crushed them) starting on a Friday the 13th, which is where the superstition comes from. There are still conspiry theories that claim that the masons, are decendent from them.