PDA

View Full Version : Period of time we play as Altair in Revelations.

AronAssassin68
05-06-2011, 04:42 PM
Hi guys, as many of you already might have thought of, our memories from Altair must be from before he conceived his child in that cutscene from AC2 for the obvious reasons. So it must be either after AC: Bloodlines or before AC: Altairs Chronicles.

Now I think before the events of Altairs Chronicles would be kind of boring. Seeing as Altair knew nothing of Pieces of Eden or things of such sort. He was just some guy killing guys because this old dude asked him to. If I may state it simple like that haha.

However, Altair was growing old too, so I dont think it took a very long time for him and Maria to make that baby after AC: Bloodlines. So I see very little time for us to have an adventure with Altair.

Anyhow seeing as Ezio must be around his 60's in Revelations and still will be having a child, there might just be something going on in that ancestry about having kids at an old age. So there might just be a huge gap between Bloodlines and that lovescene from AC2 and this whole thread was pointless. Come to think of it, Ubisoft will come up with some sure-to-be-AWESOME gameplay stuff for Altair in Revelations, so no worries there.

Feel free to opine.

AronAssassin68
05-06-2011, 04:42 PM
Hi guys, as many of you already might have thought of, our memories from Altair must be from before he conceived his child in that cutscene from AC2 for the obvious reasons. So it must be either after AC: Bloodlines or before AC: Altairs Chronicles.

Now I think before the events of Altairs Chronicles would be kind of boring. Seeing as Altair knew nothing of Pieces of Eden or things of such sort. He was just some guy killing guys because this old dude asked him to. If I may state it simple like that haha.

However, Altair was growing old too, so I dont think it took a very long time for him and Maria to make that baby after AC: Bloodlines. So I see very little time for us to have an adventure with Altair.

Anyhow seeing as Ezio must be around his 60's in Revelations and still will be having a child, there might just be something going on in that ancestry about having kids at an old age. So there might just be a huge gap between Bloodlines and that lovescene from AC2 and this whole thread was pointless. Come to think of it, Ubisoft will come up with some sure-to-be-AWESOME gameplay stuff for Altair in Revelations, so no worries there.

Feel free to opine.

xsatanicjokerx
05-06-2011, 04:51 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AronAssassin68:

Feel free to opine. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The "Laws" of the animus will not apply when we play Altairís memories. It is Ezio who will see them with these "Seals" that he finds left by Altair.
So we will play the memories Altair left in these seals which could be after the conception of his heir.

Nice thinking Ubi =)

AronAssassin68
05-06-2011, 04:55 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xsatanicjokerx:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AronAssassin68:

The "Laws" of the animus will not apply when we play Altairís memories. It is Ezio who will see them with these "Seals" that he finds left by Altair.
So we will play the memories Altair left in these seals which could be after the conception of his heir.

Nice thinking Ubi =) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Really? I missed out on that bit of info. Where did anyone say this? I would really like to know.

phil.llllll
05-06-2011, 05:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xsatanicjokerx:

Really? I missed out on that bit of info. Where did anyone say this? I would really like to know. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was in some info released from the GI article.

xsatanicjokerx
05-06-2011, 08:54 PM
heres the linkhttp://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=128296

misusel
05-07-2011, 03:37 AM
OK, i dont know if someone mentioned it or asked it but i saw the teasers and read the articles.we know that ezio is going to Costantinoupoli, what is the part of altair in revelations???have they said where he will be and what he will do..???

crash3
05-07-2011, 05:37 AM
altair will probably play a critical part in the spread of the assassins order west from the middle east. we may see him establish the assassins in europe and they spread around europe including italy which is where ezios bloodline is obviously. hes already established the assassins further east as he went to combat the mongol threat then i reckon he goes to constntinople then he probably returns to the holy land where he concieved a child with marie

Skaevola
05-07-2011, 06:17 AM
These seals are going to be an interesting addition to canon... I wonder how they're supposed to work? I'd assumed at first that they were sort of portable mini-animi that allowed you to access a specific portion of your genetic memory, but if that were the case, we'd have the same limitations as the Animus.
Also interesting is the fact that these seals will almost certainly cause Ezio to fall victim to the bleeding effect... Man, this game is gonna be the trippiest Assassin's Creed yet.
I'm eager to hear these things explained!

EnXess
05-07-2011, 06:33 AM

I have to agree, it's a real stroke of genius by Ubisoft and shows that they can still innovate a series that many thought to have reached it's potential. Still, interesting to see how they do it, the piece of Eden perhaps?

Plus memories in a memory... It's like Inception all over again

scope2005
05-07-2011, 08:22 AM
...our memories from Altair must be from before he conceived his child in that cutscene from AC2 for the obvious reasons. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was thinking about this post, as its completely correct. If desmond acesses Altair's memories within the animus then he will be restricted up to this point in time... BUT.. It MAY be possible for Desmond to get around this"

I had a revelation of my own...

<span class="ev_code_RED">*What if* during his lifetime, ALTAIR CAME INTO POSSESSION OF THE SHROUD OF TURIN? </span>

If Ezio was to come into possession of this Piece of eden in the 16th century, he may be able to relive Altair's memories even *AFTER* he sired a child - as the memories stored in his DNA whenever he used it would have been transferred to the shroud ITSELF (assuming altair actually ever used the shroud at all..)

Now the reason for Ezio WANTING to access Altair's memories may be tied into events in constantinople.. perhaps Altair went there for some undocumented purpose and ezio is retracing his steps? Perhaps the assassins in present day NEED to see what happened to Altair after he sired his children? And the only way is by watching altair through Ezio's eyes?

<span class="ev_code_RED">The significance of memories within memories was explored in AC:Brotherhood... Could this be the next advancement upon that idea?

"Ezio accessing Altair's memories while desmond watches through Ezio's memories"?

The shroud is also hinted at with the "Da Vinci Dissapearence DLC GPS co-ordinates.. so it makes sense in some ways. </span>

*This* would be an interesting new gameplay mechanic - to be able to switch between altair's and ezio's memories without leaving the animus?

The Shroud:

For those who are unfamiliar with the shroud, it is another peice of eden. It's purpose is explained briefly in AC: Project legacy. It was recovered by the assassin Francesco Vecellio sometime around the early 1500's.

It has two main purposes, first of all it is able to heal grevious wounds and perhaps even raise the dead...

Its Second purpose is that it allows a user to access the memories of those who have previously used the shroud, or those memories of the users ancestors.

It is speculated that the DNA of the user is saved within the shroud, so it can be recalled by future generations - In Project Legacy the assassin Giovanni Borgia uses the shroud, and see's the memories of Marcus Brutus - The man behind the assasination of Julius Ceaser. This means that Giovanni is either a direct descendant of Brutus OR Brutus possessed the shroud at some point in his life.

Perhaps Abstergo used this piece of eden to reverse engineer the first animus? it sounds like the only possible way they could have gained this kind of technology

I realise that my speculation could be miles out here, but an interesting theory, and I cant wait to see how the whole Altair/Ezio dual story works.

CanterburyTales
05-07-2011, 08:52 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by scope2005:
It is speculated that the DNA of the user is saved within the Shroud, so it can be recalled by future generations - in Project Legacy the Assassin Giovanni Borgia uses the Shroud, and sees the memories of Marcus Brutus - the man behind the assassination of Julius Caesar. This means that Giovanni is either a direct descendant of Brutus OR Brutus possessed the Shroud at some point in his life. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In Project Legacy, Brutus' followers tried to resurrect Brutus using the Shroud. Brutus briefly moved around, and then fell dead once more.

dxsxhxcx
05-07-2011, 09:03 AM
I agree with what xsatanicjokerx said, we'll be able to see Altair's life after he had the child who would be Desmond ancestor, I also think he (Altair) had the idea of creating (or knew where to find) these seals when he used the apple for the last time like he wrote in the last codex's page, so probably one of his memories will be around that time... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

I just hope each Altair's memory will have more than 5 minutes of gameplay... I hated how they finished ACB with those small memories and I would hate seeing this again in what will probably be the last opportunity we'll have to play as Altair again...

itsamea-mario
05-07-2011, 09:24 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wingf00t:
These seals are going to be an interesting addition to canon... I wonder how they're supposed to work? I'd assumed at first that they were sort of portable mini-animi that allowed you to access a specific portion of your genetic memory, but if that were the case, we'd have the same limitations as the Animus.
Also interesting is the fact that these seals will almost certainly cause Ezio to fall victim to the bleeding effect... Man, this game is gonna be the trippiest Assassin's Creed yet.
I'm eager to hear these things explained! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think the seals will have anything to do with genetic memory.
I think they'll probably be some kind of TWCB thing, that allows Altair to 'record' his actual memories, and then Ezio can view them as if they where his own, or something.

ScreaminEagle
05-07-2011, 09:24 AM
Costantinople 1203 during the siege of Crusaders.

itsamea-mario
05-07-2011, 09:26 AM
Most probably, that would make Altair 37 i think.

SaltShakerz93
05-07-2011, 10:50 AM
Awhh 37 isn't enough. I wanna see an OLD man Altair. Don't ask me why. I really liked Altair questioning his Conscience but its High time he becomes wise enough to do what he KNOWS is right. And we all know that only the older the wiser.

SaltShakerz93
05-07-2011, 10:53 AM
One more thing....Can we safely assume that Altair is the new Al Mualim after the events of AC-1(For those who dont know Mualim means master/mentor)If so then shouldn't altair be able to call assassins too XD

ChaseCraft111
09-17-2011, 10:52 PM

What are you talking about, Altair studied the apple of eden like crazy, so much he became obsessed with it. Through studying it he made the armor Ezio wears in the second game, and the hidden gun.

AkeiraXgamer
09-17-2011, 11:04 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Period of time we play as Altair in Revelations. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ubisoft says that we would play altair through several periods of his life- before the seige of masyaf, probably during the quest for the apple, most likely some maria time, and probably 2 sequences after he becomes a leader and has to rally troops.

I hope it isn't too brief, I also hope we can see kadar/malik again http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

rileypoole1234
09-18-2011, 07:47 AM
We'll play as Altai through his whole life I think. I bet we'll start out before AC1, and end well after AC1. We have seen him before AC1 in some gameplay didn't we?

CRUDFACE
09-18-2011, 07:50 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rileypoole1234:
We'll play as Altai through his whole life I think. I bet we'll start out before AC1, and end well after AC1. We have seen him before AC1 in some gameplay didn't we? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's exactly what will happen

gharlazufarc
09-18-2011, 09:46 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by scope2005:

It is speculated that the DNA of the user is saved within the shroud, so it can be recalled by future generations - In Project Legacy the assassin Giovanni Borgia uses the shroud, and see's the memories of Marcus Brutus - The man behind the assasination of Julius Ceaser. This means that Giovanni is either a direct descendant of Brutus OR Brutus possessed the shroud at some point in his life.

Perhaps Abstergo used this piece of eden to reverse engineer the first animus? it sounds like the only possible way they could have gained this kind of technology

I realise that my speculation could be miles out here, but an interesting theory, and I cant wait to see how the whole Altair/Ezio dual story works. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well I think your speculation is good.
That makes me wonder if somehow you could get full DNA sequence from a corpse then there's no need to find the corpse's descendant.

If that shroud is the very same shroud that wrapped Jesus, then we could play as him, yay!

RzaRecta357
09-19-2011, 09:02 AM
Maybe they found the keys in the 1900s long after Ezio stashed them.