PDA

View Full Version : PS3 mission 5 - huge bug, cannot complete objective

MessyO
09-10-2010, 06:43 PM
I literally can't complete mission 5 on any difficulty. After holding the city "Wetherby" doesn't ever bother advancing, there's no way I can defeat all the enemy units without his help. Every tutorial or video I've watched has him advancing (as the voice over also says) but this never happens for me.

Any ideas? I'm about to go and trade this game in.

Oli.

MessyO
09-10-2010, 06:43 PM
I literally can't complete mission 5 on any difficulty. After holding the city "Wetherby" doesn't ever bother advancing, there's no way I can defeat all the enemy units without his help. Every tutorial or video I've watched has him advancing (as the voice over also says) but this never happens for me.

Oli.

ethan1007
09-10-2010, 10:28 PM
IF you on the mission that need you to earn 1000 point, do it the hard way like i did (although some how i kinda prefer it, cause i win the bug lol)

Once in a while, enemies will sent 2 tanks toward you and that where you earn your point. Do not need to advance to conquer them, just wait for the 2 tank to come over and over. (You dont get to solve the alternative mission of destroying the Tiger Tank thou)

THis way takes time but with careful placing of your remaining tanks, i go afk and had the enemies crush under my tank range.

Dont give up yet, the later mission is better and better

edal86
09-10-2010, 11:35 PM
Keep all of your units inside city cover, send about 6 infantry units to attack the German infantry near the barracks, kill about 8 units (dont forget to use Fanatism RUSE) then pull your infantry back before they are all killed. After that all the german units with attack you. Just wait inside the city and they will be easy prey (The Tiger Tank also attacks you) you will earn 1000 points in less then 5 minutes.

Zalex_Qc
09-12-2010, 09:30 AM
I play on PS3 and have the same exact problem than Messy0.

The english army dont move no matter what.
More than 20 times I retry this mission, I can try everything, even help them on left and right side, cleaning all oponents, they simply dont move a toe.

Funny part is when the voice tell the supports are arrived and I see no difference at all in the troops on the field.

I'll try one last time hiding in the city forever.

And for the ones who tell to use fanatism ruse... with the bug you are stuck with 2 ruses, the spy and enemy troops movement view, thats it ! Of course fanatism would help... if it was proposed. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

C3G Jester
09-12-2010, 09:39 AM
Well The troops should move like its supposed to. If they dont move, it might mean that they are stuck there due to germans artys or they are fighting with no luck. so I would propose you keep playing with no support. I did that and I won the game in no time by Fighting without wetherbys support

Zalex_Qc
09-12-2010, 10:27 AM
As I said I cleaned the field on both sides... no more enemy near english troops and they did not moved at all to help while I defend them or to attack later when the way is clear.

I did complete the mission the long way like ethan1007 proposed (thanks), all inside the small city and waiting for a tank or infantry to come by. It took a while but it made the job.
First time I can take a full breakfast while playing a realtime strategy game, not even watching what's happening on screen ! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

BTW any idea how to skip scinematics on PS3 ? Really anoying when you do same missions a few times to see it all the time.

AdamPBUD
09-21-2010, 12:31 PM
Seriously fix this. I knew something was up with this mission. Looks like I'm going to have to do a work around to get the 1000pts, because without the support from the green guys it's impossible.

Axe99
09-21-2010, 04:12 PM
I've finished this one on Hard, but it was a tough 'un - I ended up getting the points by sending a couple of Lees down south to take out the Arty below the enemy armour base to your right/East, and then holding off their attacks. It was hard, but I was playing on 'Hard' so didn't think anything of it at the time.

Be careful to hang onto your AT guns, and not send your tanks anywhere to the north/north-east, as the AT guns to your north-east (or the tiger) will chew your tanks up and spit them out.

Deffo hang in there though guys, there are some great missions down the track.

Ithilenia
09-22-2010, 03:56 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MessyO:

Oli. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What you should do when the last objective is there:

Send inf to the anti tank guns, kill those and retreat to left side of city between the city and the mountain. Send in two or three light and 2 lee's in to the barraks on the left front side, kill the advancing tanks, there are four coming your way in parts of two and three i believe (at least in wargamer mode). kill the barraks if you have time.

Then retreat same spot where your inf are.

In the same time the above occurs, my anti tank guns + lee's on the right side of the city has killed 5 inf and 4 tank already. As soon the right side is not attack anymore,

the TIGER comes.

Retreat to the same spot, go THROUGH the city, so you get protection.
Setup the anti tank gun left from the city between the city and mountain, put your inf in front of it, put your tanks in front of it.
The mass amount of tanks rolling in (I got like 5 or 6, with 8 inf if I recall correctly) will be killed by the anti tank guns and tanks. If germany is sending a anti tank gun, send in the inf.

If you have control, send everything you got to the tiger. Two lee, 4 anti tank guns some inf and 2 light tanks will eat up the Tiger.

good luck, I spent so many times before I noticed that you do not attack, use the strenghts you have, and that is the anti tank guns, use them wisely and you win easily.

Also use the spy ruse alot, that will make you fire further and use the max amount of range for the guns.

cheers,

PSN:Rhomark

L0STMYMRBLES
07-28-2012, 01:53 AM
This still has not been fixed. A buddy of mine recommended this game to me. I like it so far but this glitch on Mission 5 is frustrating. I started over like 5 times before I got online looking for answers. I will try some of the recommendations here.