PDA

View Full Version : A small request

OD_79
01-26-2007, 04:41 AM
~S~ All,
I hope this does not turn into yet another flame war, but I am more than a little fed up with being labelled when flying online.

While I understand that on some the majority of servers lots of people fly the Spitfire in all its various guises available to us, I don't see why everyone who flies the Spitfire has to be labelled as a cr@p pilot because of his/her choice of aircraft. The opposite is true of the Fw190 - while there are some exceptional pilots out there, I see plenty of cr@p ones. Yet if you fly the 190 no one would label you.

Against a 190 that is flown properly the Spitfire is a challenge to fly, so it takes some skill to bring one down, yet all you get is slated for flying a Spitfire.

For example last night on War Clouds I was cruing around at about 12,000 feet in a Spitfire MkIXe with a squad mate in a Tempest. We were spotteed by a lone 190 who had a significant height advantage over us. He kept coming down and making slashing attacks - mostly aimed at me, we watched him broke at the right time and he didn't get a hit, he just climbed back up again. All the time we continued to climb until he lost his advantage, once he realised this we were at 20,000 feet and he took to his heels and dived down to the ground. He flew the 190 exceptionally well - I do not know who it was unfortunately, no one got a shot on anyone.

Yet later on I found another 190D-9 this time on the deck, clear attitude. He didn't appreciate being shot down - despite his attempts to throw me off by print screening - then decided to switch sides and challenge me to a 1 v 1 in Spitfires on War Clouds, because he was clearly the superior pilot and I was clearly the lowest of the low because I flew a Spitfire. The fact was he flew badly and paid the price, I had height speed, ammo and position. I worked to get myself into this position, he had been flying with a wingman in a 2 v 1 against another Spitfire - which they had lost! The Spitfire had got away and had left one of them smoking and then this guy (I won't put his name up) he was running back to base.

All I ask is that people give up on this idea of 'nOOb' planes like the La, or the Spitfire, the fact is if you got shot down you did something wrong, or they did something very right and you were unlucky.

OD.

OD_79
01-26-2007, 04:41 AM
~S~ All,
I hope this does not turn into yet another flame war, but I am more than a little fed up with being labelled when flying online.

While I understand that on some the majority of servers lots of people fly the Spitfire in all its various guises available to us, I don't see why everyone who flies the Spitfire has to be labelled as a cr@p pilot because of his/her choice of aircraft. The opposite is true of the Fw190 - while there are some exceptional pilots out there, I see plenty of cr@p ones. Yet if you fly the 190 no one would label you.

Against a 190 that is flown properly the Spitfire is a challenge to fly, so it takes some skill to bring one down, yet all you get is slated for flying a Spitfire.

For example last night on War Clouds I was cruing around at about 12,000 feet in a Spitfire MkIXe with a squad mate in a Tempest. We were spotteed by a lone 190 who had a significant height advantage over us. He kept coming down and making slashing attacks - mostly aimed at me, we watched him broke at the right time and he didn't get a hit, he just climbed back up again. All the time we continued to climb until he lost his advantage, once he realised this we were at 20,000 feet and he took to his heels and dived down to the ground. He flew the 190 exceptionally well - I do not know who it was unfortunately, no one got a shot on anyone.

Yet later on I found another 190D-9 this time on the deck, clear attitude. He didn't appreciate being shot down - despite his attempts to throw me off by print screening - then decided to switch sides and challenge me to a 1 v 1 in Spitfires on War Clouds, because he was clearly the superior pilot and I was clearly the lowest of the low because I flew a Spitfire. The fact was he flew badly and paid the price, I had height speed, ammo and position. I worked to get myself into this position, he had been flying with a wingman in a 2 v 1 against another Spitfire - which they had lost! The Spitfire had got away and had left one of them smoking and then this guy (I won't put his name up) he was running back to base.

All I ask is that people give up on this idea of 'nOOb' planes like the La, or the Spitfire, the fact is if you got shot down you did something wrong, or they did something very right and you were unlucky.

OD.

tigertalon
01-26-2007, 05:22 AM
Don't mind it. I have been labeled as a noob for flying 190 and shooting down the same spit 3 times in a row (was a coincidence). If someone calls you a 'n00b' it tells much more about him than you.

If ur good, some people (who can't stand being defeated) will blame it on your mount, and then will mark you as a noob for picking it.

Edit: just wanted to add, a real n00bs are revealed when you fly against them in a plane that exceeds their usual advantages. Picking, for example, a brewster on finnish side in 1943 and 44 gets that 'forever turning' cheeky La5(FN) pilots frustrated, because they simply can't resist turning with you (although they hold all other cards, except turning) - they are so used to outturn a 190 and 109. Story is the same when you fly A6M or Ki43 versus spits. It can really drive them mad.

Bearcat99
01-26-2007, 08:25 AM
Why are you even concerned with a person who is wussie enough to use the printscreen dodge. There is no such thing as noob planes. As a noob I have been shot down in all of them since IL2. It isn't the plane.. it's the pilot. I have also shot down experienced pilots in "superior" planes..... don't let the jerks get to you because they are out there and they will push your buttons if you let them. Thats one reason why I just prefer coops.... although we get our share as well.

Widowmaker214
01-26-2007, 08:36 AM
Just ignore it man. Children are often fond of verbally attacking someone when they have been clearly defeated. Why... I don't know. Perhaps they just aren't mature enough and should retreat back to playing first person shooters.
Just laugh, know you're the better man.. and shoot them down again http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

RAF74_Raptor
01-26-2007, 09:17 AM
I agree you flew better and the other pilot lost

So be it if you were in a spit

RCAF_Irish_403
01-26-2007, 10:12 AM
seems to me like the nOOb is the guy who got BBQ'ed in his cockpit. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

Anyone who tries to goad you into losing your cool by spamming the chatbar with insults is a classeless turd. Pay no mind. At some point they'll just leave IL2 and return to Call of Duty or Battlefield 1942

bun-bun195333
01-26-2007, 10:16 AM
Noob spelled backwards is boon.

tigertalon
01-26-2007, 11:26 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bearcat99:
It isn't the plane.. it's the pilot. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Next time online u take F6F I'll jump into N1K2-J, let the better pilot win! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

nickdanger3
01-26-2007, 12:46 PM
Speaking as a confirmed Spitfire fan, you develop a thick skin, since people can't help making obnoxious comments on your choice of planes.

I choose it because it I like the way it flies and it's aesthetically beautiful.

But since I get shot down more than I shoot down others, I must be a noob.