PDA

View Full Version : theHut.com screwed up

Layniel
04-01-2011, 01:51 AM
i had preordered AC:B codex edition from thehut.com for months and months. i never got it. and they took two weeks to even get me the information that they basically never made sure they would have the stock by release date. they just quietly removed the item, but kept it in my order.
so now they "are very sorry", and i ... am most displeased.

does anyone know if i can still manage to get it anywhere or do something about it? and i mean at a decent price... scalpers on ebay go crazy with the prices, and i definitely don't want to reward them for having bought extra copies from under other people

Layniel
04-01-2011, 01:51 AM
i had preordered AC:B codex edition from thehut.com for months and months. i never got it. and they took two weeks to even get me the information that they basically never made sure they would have the stock by release date. they just quietly removed the item, but kept it in my order.
so now they "are very sorry", and i ... am most displeased.

does anyone know if i can still manage to get it anywhere or do something about it? and i mean at a decent price... scalpers on ebay go crazy with the prices, and i definitely don't want to reward them for having bought extra copies from under other people

AntiChrist7
04-01-2011, 02:24 AM
I had problems with the hut too. in february i ordered Stalker Shadow of chernobyl (my old disc was cracked) and pre-ordered shogun TW Collectors edition. I paid with credit card, and i got stalker immediatly, but when it was the release date for shogun, i got an email saying there was a problem with the card..... and their website was always down (not the shop part, but the help part)

Mr_Shade
04-01-2011, 05:59 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CyberCrrash75:

does anyone know if i can still manage to get it anywhere or do something about it? and i mean at a decent price... scalpers on ebay go crazy with the prices, and i definitely don't want to reward them for having bought extra copies from under other people </div></BLOCKQUOTE>You could complain to The Hut - however if they have no stock, it may not help..

If your from the UK - the Ubi shop still has stock at present of the Codex Edition:

www.ubishop.com/codex (http://www.ubishop.com/codex)

Layniel
04-01-2011, 06:53 AM
i did. it took 4 messages until they did more than just say "we'll contact you shortly" 1 more to say that they "exhausted all avenues to secure this item" and "as the terms and conditions state we have not entered a contract until we charge you", and the last one just made them repeat that they are sorry and only cancel when they have no choice.

thank you for reminding me of the ubi store!
i checked it, but since i don't live in the UK (i wanted the UK version to make sure it's in english and everything included is in english) it redirects me to the german Ubi store which doesn't have the codex edition anymore (or at least i'm not seeing how to add it to the shopping cart)
i'm considering using a proxy, but i'm getting a message that it might not be secure, so i'm unsure if i want to input my paypal data while using the proxy.

edit: well proxy won't solve it either, since theres an error as soon as i'm redirected to the paypal page while i'm using that proxy. is there anything ubisoft can do?