PDA

View Full Version : William M. [Spoilers?]

ace3001
03-22-2011, 06:48 AM
So, what do you guys think about this William M. person? Could he be the "Bill Miles" referred to in The Fall? And it is right to assume that he is the "expert" at the ending of Brotherhood, I believe, seeing as he's also talking at the beginning of The Da Vinci Disappearance?

ace3001
03-22-2011, 06:48 AM
So, what do you guys think about this William M. person? Could he be the "Bill Miles" referred to in The Fall? And it is right to assume that he is the "expert" at the ending of Brotherhood, I believe, seeing as he's also talking at the beginning of The Da Vinci Disappearance?

SteelCity999
03-22-2011, 08:10 AM
One thing I will bring up is this......

You here these same voices at the end of brotherhood and there has been speculation that AC is much like Inception. Well, the events of the DLC happened before the end of Brotherhood and is playable after a certain sequence which would lead you to believe that the Inception-like theories must be correct. Otherwise the DLC would(should) only be playable after the story finishes.

Or none of his is true and Ubi just screwed up their own timeline.

ace3001
03-22-2011, 08:17 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SteelCity999:

You here these same voices at the end of brotherhood and there has been speculation that AC is much like Inception. Well, the events of the DLC happened before the end of Brotherhood and is playable after a certain sequence which would lead you to believe that the Inception-like theories must be correct. Otherwise the DLC would(should) only be playable after the story finishes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Events of the DLC happened somewhere between sequence 8 and 9, I guess. But I'm talking about Desmond's end of things. I myself played Da Vinci Disappearance after the main story, so I don't know how it is presented if you play it before. But I have a feeling that the "canon" way is playing it after the main story.

BK-110
03-22-2011, 08:48 AM
Apparently it doesn't matter. I played it after I finished the game and got the talk. I've heard that if you play it before finishing you get a mail from William instead. I'll let someone who played it that way get into the details.

ace3001
03-22-2011, 09:22 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BK-110:
Apparently it doesn't matter. I played it after I finished the game and got the talk. I've heard that if you play it before finishing you get a mail from William instead. I'll let someone who played it that way get into the details. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Ah, good. Really curious to know. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
Should google that up as well.

rileypoole1234
03-22-2011, 05:24 PM
It's pretty obvious to me, William M.= William Miles, Desmonds father.

Cheers

Ultim4teSurviv4
03-23-2011, 01:01 AM
http://assassinscreed.wikia.co...i/Desmond%27s_E-mail (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Desmond%27s_E-mail)

If you scroll down past the normal emails you will see the two emails you get from William M. if you play the DLC before you finish the game but according the wiki it also says "The emails sent by W. M. during the Da Vinci Disappearance memory sequence, only appear in the Xbox 360 version of the DLC. There is an alternative dialogue in the PlayStation 3 version."

So someone who played before the game finished on PS3 can give you info on that.

ace3001
03-23-2011, 03:46 AM
@Ultim4teSurviv4
I guess these would be the mails, then: <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">From: Undisclosed Sender
To: Desmond Miles
Date/Time: Undisclosed
Subject: 1506
Hello Desmond,

In your time with Rebecca, Shaun and Lucy, you may have heard about higher level Assassins aiding your team. I am one of them. Rebecca has been instructed to give you this message if, or when, Ezio Auditore's 1506 memories are unlocked. Based on our historical research, we hope to acquire information of significant importance to our mission from that time period. We will be monitoring your progress through Rebecca.

All of this is confidential, and, therefore must not be spoken of or discussed. I want to involve as few people as possible. I will inform you and Rebecca as soon as the information we are looking for has been discovered.

Good luck, Desmond.

W.M.

To: Desmond Miles
Date/Time: Undisclosed
Subject: RE: 1506
Desmond,

Thanks to you, we have found what we were looking for. Lucy was right about Ezio's Piece of Eden. It acted through Leonardo to reveal its secret.

You have saved us valuable time, of which we have less and less. Please, do not inform Lucy or Shaun of your discovery, our security depends on it.

Now, I must go, but I will see you soon.

W.M. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
One thing, though. I don't understand the "Lucy was right about Ezio's Piece of Eden. It acted through Leonardo to reveal its secret" bit. Does it mean that Leonardo found the temple under the influence of the apple? Wonder what the PS3 version says. I hate it when there are different variations like this.

@rileypoole1234
How're you so sure it's his father? Could be anyone in his family, I guess.

SteelCity999
03-23-2011, 07:37 AM
In the PS3 version the DLC begins with the "new" voices saying something about the restored memory....there's alot of simulated graphical glitching, etc and then the DLC begins (at least that's how it starts after you have finised the game). There's nothing about anything like in the emails.

But what is bothersome is the second email. Why would you send Desmond an email when you were there and you know Desmond is in a coma-like state. They wouldn't have the information they needed unless they had restored the memory - played the DLC. And if it happened after the end of the game it still applies. Why would he say not to talk to Lucy and Shaun (unless they are suspected of being double agents).

Ubi is getting the story all twisted up because they are contradicting themselves now....there is no storyline hat would make these emails and the events of the game mesh together properly the way in which Ubi has presented them.

ace3001
03-23-2011, 07:46 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SteelCity999:
In the PS3 version the DLC begins with the "new" voices saying something about the restored memory....there's alot of simulated graphical glitching, etc and then the DLC begins (at least that's how it starts after you have finised the game). There's nothing about anything like in the emails.

But what is bothersome is the second email. Why would you send Desmond an email when you were there and you know Desmond is in a coma-like state. They wouldn't have the information they needed unless they had restored the memory - played the DLC. And if it happened after the end of the game it still applies. Why would he say not to talk to Lucy and Shaun (unless they are suspected of being double agents).

Ubi is getting the story all twisted up because they are contradicting themselves now....there is no storyline hat would make these emails and the events of the game mesh together properly the way in which Ubi has presented them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>That's how it happens in every version, provided you finish the main storyline before DaVinci Disappearance. In case you do it before finishing the main storyline, you get the emails instead.

ApolloxTruth
09-03-2011, 05:21 PM
Another piece of evidence to support this is when you finish the, DaVinci Disappearance DLC, after finishing the game. The voice labled " William M." in the subtitles will say "He'll find a way out of this, he always has." Talking about Desmond's Coma to the person labled "Man" in the subtitles. This makes it look as if William M knows Desmond on a personal level.

I think there's a good chance that this is desmonds father, but for all I know this guys last name could be Malkuley and not Miles.

blazefp
09-03-2011, 07:40 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rileypoole1234:

Cheers </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yo guys hello...why are you taking so long to get to this conclusion?

ace3001
09-03-2011, 10:09 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by blazefp:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rileypoole1234:

Yo guys hello...why are you taking so long to get to this conclusion? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>William could be his uncle, cousin, grandfather etc. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif Why assume he's Desmond's father?

naran6142
09-03-2011, 10:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kolitha.kuruppu:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by blazefp:

Yo guys hello...why are you taking so long to get to this conclusion? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>William could be his uncle, cousin, grandfather etc. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif Why assume he's Desmond's father? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

cuz if william was his uncle, it wouldn't have the same effect as if it were his father. it be bigger deal if it was his father.

thats why im assuming william is desmonds father

CRUDFACE
09-03-2011, 10:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by naran6142:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kolitha.kuruppu:

You know, now that I'm thinking about this. Why put Desmond through all this if Desmond's father could do it himself in the first place? If he's his father, couldn't he look through the memories as well.

Yo guys hello...why are you taking so long to get to this conclusion? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>William could be his uncle, cousin, grandfather etc. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif Why assume he's Desmond's father? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

cuz if william was his uncle, it wouldn't have the same effect as if it were his father. it be bigger deal if it was his father.

thats why im assuming william is desmonds father </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ApolloxTruth
09-03-2011, 11:45 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by t260z:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by naran6142:

You know, now that I'm thinking about this. Why put Desmond through all this if Desmond's father could do it himself in the first place? If he's his father, couldn't he look through the memories as well.

thats why im assuming william is desmonds father </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Congratulations, You know how to quote other people.

CRUDFACE
09-04-2011, 02:29 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ApolloxTruth:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by t260z:

thats why im assuming william is desmonds father </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Congratulations, You know how to quote other people. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

For some reason my message didn't get through! Anyways, I'll just re-type it.

If William is Desmond's dad, why is he letting everyone just use him for these experiments? If he's his dad, he has the same genetic memory as Desmond does. And we already know the assassins are not only capable of making an animus, but a better one at that.

reini03
09-04-2011, 03:26 AM
Have you guys seen this video yet?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...=channel_video_title (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10FXUHE0QfA&feature=channel_video_title)
Pause it at 2:40. You'll see a line going from The Fall to ACR saying William "Bill" Miles. So William M. is the guy mentioned as Bill in The Fall comics, and will appear in Revelations. Also, he could be a family member of Desmond (as you've already pointed out).

LightRey
09-04-2011, 04:37 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ApolloxTruth:

If William is Desmond's dad, why is he letting everyone just use him for these experiments? If he's his dad, he has the same genetic memory as Desmond does. And we already know the assassins are not only capable of making an animus, but a better one at that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It did. It's up there in the middle of the quoted text. I get that sometimes. Sometimes it looks like you're typing under the quoted text, when you're actually typing under quoted text inside the quoted text.

rawrsmitch
09-04-2011, 04:39 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">ly </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
If you pause just a few seconds later you'll see a yellow circle saying "hints about something, nothing crucial." From The Fall #3 to Assassins Creed 3. I wonder what it is, but then again its 'nothing crucial' but could be interesting.

LieutenantJojo
09-04-2011, 04:39 AM

If William is Desmond's dad, why is he letting everyone just use him for these experiments? If he's his dad, he has the same genetic memory as Desmond does. And we already know the assassins are not only capable of making an animus, but a better one at that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not necessarily. Who says that William (Desmond's father) is a descendant of Ezio and Altair? For all we know, Ezio and Altair are ancestors from his mother's side of the family, thus making it impossible for his father to see the memories.

Assassin_M
09-04-2011, 05:35 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LieutenantJojo:

Not necessarily. Who says that William (Desmond's father) is a descendant of Ezio and Altair? For all we know, Ezio and Altair are ancestors from his mother's side of the family, thus making it impossible for his father to see the memories. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Altair and Ezio are from different sides of Desomnd`s Family, not the same sides.

LightRey
09-04-2011, 05:49 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Assassin_M:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LieutenantJojo:

Not necessarily. Who says that William (Desmond's father) is a descendant of Ezio and Altair? For all we know, Ezio and Altair are ancestors from his mother's side of the family, thus making it impossible for his father to see the memories. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Altair and Ezio are from different sides of Desomnd`s Family, not the same sides. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
No, they're from different sides of Desmond's family or one of his ancestors.

LieutenantJojo
09-04-2011, 07:42 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Assassin_M:

Altair and Ezio are from different sides of Desomnd`s Family, not the same sides. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
No, they're from different sides of Desmond's family or one of his ancestors. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Indeed. We know that Ezio and Altair's bloodlines cross SOMEWHERE in history.

Assassin_M
09-04-2011, 08:02 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

No, they're from different sides of Desmond's family or one of his ancestors. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
are you saying no to me or to him ? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

LightRey
09-04-2011, 08:07 AM

are you saying no to me or to him ? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
you, because it means he's right. somewhere along the line between Ezio and Desmond Ala´r's and Ezio's families come together, since Alta´r and Ezio aren't (directly) related, but Desmond is directly related to both. It could mean that this is because Desmond's mother is related to one and his father to the other, but it could also mean that his grandmother on his mother's side is related to one and his grandfather at the same side is related to the other, which would mean that Desmond is related to both through is mother.

Assassin_M
09-04-2011, 08:10 AM

are you saying no to me or to him ? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
you, because it means he's right. somewhere along the line between Ezio and Desmond Ala´r's and Ezio's families come together, since Alta´r and Ezio aren't (directly) related, but Desmond is directly related to both. It could mean that this is because Desmond's mother is related to one and his father to the other, but it could also mean that his grandmother on his mother's side is related to one and his grandfather at the same side is related to the other, which would mean that Desmond is related to both through is mother. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I guess my Statement betrayed me, because what you said now is exactly what I meant.

Poodle_of_Doom
09-04-2011, 10:59 AM
The only thing that gets me about the previously mentioned emails is why Rebecca is the only one included. Why not include Shaun and Lucy? Could it be that Lucy is a traitor of some sort, and the person within the email is some sort of imposter? To be honest, it struck me as being really odd when Shaun "jokingly" called Rebecca a templar. Though Shaun jokes a lot, and a comment like this doesn't necessarily seem out of character, nor did it seem serious from any point, it doesn't seem like it's anything to joke about. When I read the line the first time, and even on the second play through, it struck me funny.

LightRey
09-04-2011, 12:16 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Poodle_of_Doom:
The only thing that gets me about the previously mentioned emails is why Rebecca is the only one included. Why not include Shaun and Lucy? Could it be that Lucy is a traitor of some sort, and the person within the email is some sort of imposter? To be honest, it struck me as being really odd when Shaun "jokingly" called Rebecca a templar. Though Shaun jokes a lot, and a comment like this doesn't necessarily seem out of character, nor did it seem serious from any point, it doesn't seem like it's anything to joke about. When I read the line the first time, and even on the second play through, it struck me funny. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It's because Rebecca is the one operating the Animus. Nothing can really happen inside the animus without her knowing (unless it's something like S16's conversation with Desmond, which I suspect was inside the black room). William just wants to keep it at a need-to-know basis.

blazefp
09-04-2011, 12:16 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Poodle_of_Doom:
The only thing that gets me about the previously mentioned emails is why Rebecca is the only one included. Why not include Shaun and Lucy? Could it be that Lucy is a traitor of some sort, and the person within the email is some sort of imposter? To be honest, it struck me as being really odd when Shaun "jokingly" called Rebecca a templar. Though Shaun jokes a lot, and a comment like this doesn't necessarily seem out of character, nor did it seem serious from any point, it doesn't seem like it's anything to joke about. When I read the line the first time, and even on the second play through, it struck me funny. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh not that theory again PLEASE. Somewhere in this forum there's a thread about this theory and the conclusion was that there's no way Lucy, Shaun, Becca, W.M., Erudito, etc are templars. None of them! And I think you were in that discussion, Poodle, you shouldn't be writing this. They couldn't have gone through all the stuff they've gone(escaping from the AI facility, sentimental stories, defending themselves from Vidic, the Coloseum scene, etc) and then turn out to be traitors, impostors, templars.
It would be just too complicated.

Poodle_of_Doom
09-04-2011, 03:05 PM

Oh not that theory again PLEASE. Somewhere in this forum there's a thread about this theory and the conclusion was that there's no way Lucy, Shaun, Becca, W.M., Erudito, etc are templars. None of them! And I think you were in that discussion, Poodle, you should be writing this. They couldn't have gone through all the stuff they've gone(escaping from the AI facility, sentimental stories, defending themselves from Vidic, the Coloseum scene, etc) and then turn out to be traitors, impostors, templars.
It would be just too complicated. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What was that one really cool trick Satan pulled again? Convincing the world he didn't exists or something like that. Same explination here,... there's no way it's possible because it's so improbible. And I like how you said it was a conclusion,... as if any of us have ever been able to draw one before.... But I digress, the whole thing is a little unsettling to me,... and unfortunately, you can argue fact all you want. They have little bearing on a feeling, which is all I said I had. I just said that it was unsettling to me.

Could you imagine a comment of similar stature any place else? Like a KKK member calling another member black, for example? I'd bet that would be as smooth as exlax, don't you? What if you were in Shauns shoes, and had a suspicion? You know what I'd do? Make a snappy pin witted comment about how she's a templar, and gage her reaction. If it's any thing shy of dismissing it as a mere joke, then it would only feul the speculation.

It's because Rebecca is the one operating the Animus. Nothing can really happen inside the animus without her knowing (unless it's something like S16's conversation with Desmond, which I suspect was inside the black room). William just wants to keep it at a need-to-know basis. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, I've seen that a lot. And, for me, there's to much secracy. To many people cooking soup not knowing what the others are adding... Yeah, I could see something like withholding the comment about the team going dark. It's one thing to alarm someone prematurely, however, it's one guy holding all the secrets. Considering the circumstances, I wouldn't want to put all my eggs in one basket. At that, I'd definitely want to share with my collegues, only because if something were to happen to me,.... well,.... that'd be one hell of a set back now wouldn't it?

LightRey
09-04-2011, 03:43 PM
Yeah, I've seen that a lot. And, for me, there's to much secracy. To many people cooking soup not knowing what the others are adding... Yeah, I could see something like withholding the comment about the team going dark. It's one thing to alarm someone prematurely, however, it's one guy holding all the secrets. Considering the circumstances, I wouldn't want to put all my eggs in one basket. At that, I'd definitely want to share with my collegues, only because if something were to happen to me,.... well,.... that'd be one hell of a set back now wouldn't it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
He said it's too keep them safe, which at this stage could mean anything.

Steww-
09-04-2011, 03:44 PM
I think William is trying to keep that memory hidden from as many people as possible, and Rebecca and Desmond are the only two guaranteed to see it.

If he was doing this because he didn't trust Lucy and Shaun, I don't see why he would send information about the Assassin order around the globe to Shaun before anyone else in the team.

Poodle_of_Doom
09-04-2011, 05:43 PM
Both are good points gentlemen.

blazefp
09-04-2011, 05:53 PM

Oh not that theory again PLEASE. Somewhere in this forum there's a thread about this theory and the conclusion was that there's no way Lucy, Shaun, Becca, W.M., Erudito, etc are templars. None of them! And I think you were in that discussion, Poodle, you should be writing this. They couldn't have gone through all the stuff they've gone(escaping from the AI facility, sentimental stories, defending themselves from Vidic, the Coloseum scene, etc) and then turn out to be traitors, impostors, templars.

What was that one really cool trick Satan pulled again? Convincing the world he didn't exists or something like that. Same explination here,... there's no way it's possible because it's so improbible. And I like how you said it was a conclusion,... as if any of us have ever been able to draw one before.... But I digress, the whole thing is a little unsettling to me,... and unfortunately, you can argue fact all you want. They have little bearing on a feeling, which is all I said I had. I just said that it was unsettling to me.

Could you imagine a comment of similar stature any place else? Like a KKK member calling another member black, for example? I'd bet that would be as smooth as exlax, don't you? What if you were in Shauns shoes, and had a suspicion? You know what I'd do? Make a snappy pin witted comment about how she's a templar, and gage her reaction. If it's any thing shy of dismissing it as a mere joke, then it would only feul the speculation. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

C'mon don't make me comment that Satan's stuff you said. That's saying that because the most probable thing to happen is this, then what will really happen won't be this. That's what I use on multiple choices in a test because I never got one right xD You cannot say "A implies B but because we never got one right, A implies not B".

And just because we never conclude anything right, doesn't mean Ubi made it in order to counter us. They made it because it's what they think it's right.

Moving on to your next (almost) argument, If Shaun had a suspicion, he wouldn't joke about it. He would do what every human does: share with somebody. Like I said in a previous thread, humans can't support loneliness, so they have to tell someone their (and sometimes other people's) little secrets (unless, obviously, if that "secret" damages somehow your relationship with the other person). Anyway if you don't believe this just think what would be the smarter move: joking about it to see the person's reaction and then go with that person to a ancestral temple to pick up a PoE; or just tell it to someone and make up a plan to use that into your advantage.
I would choose the 2nd.

You've made a conspiracy theory. However just because it fits in some event doesn't make it true. The conspiracy theories have all this weird thing - they can't be completely invalidated but they can't (in most cases) be completely validated either.

Anyway I'm not saying it's impossible, just improbable http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif and I respect that of being unsettling to you. We have to wait to see I guess.

Sory if I messed up a bit, the first part isn't that easy to explain.

Poodle_of_Doom
09-04-2011, 09:53 PM

Could you imagine a comment of similar stature any place else? Like a KKK member calling another member black, for example? I'd bet that would be as smooth as exlax, don't you? What if you were in Shauns shoes, and had a suspicion? You know what I'd do? Make a snappy pin witted comment about how she's a templar, and gage her reaction. If it's any thing shy of dismissing it as a mere joke, then it would only feul the speculation. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

C'mon don't make me comment that Satan's stuff you said. That's saying that because the most probable thing to happen is this, then what will really happen won't be this. That's what I use on multiple choices in a test because I never got one right xD You cannot say "A implies B but because we never got one right, A implies not B".

And just because we never conclude anything right, doesn't mean Ubi made it in order to counter us. They made it because it's what they think it's right.

Moving on to your next (almost) argument, If Shaun had a suspicion, he wouldn't joke about it. He would do what every human does: share with somebody. Like I said in a previous thread, humans can't support loneliness, so they have to tell someone their (and sometimes other people's) little secrets (unless, obviously, if that "secret" damages somehow your relationship with the other person). Anyway if you don't believe this just think what would be the smarter move: joking about it to see the person's reaction and then go with that person to a ancestral temple to pick up a PoE; or just tell it to someone and make up a plan to use that into your advantage.
I would choose the 2nd.

You've made a conspiracy theory. However just because it fits in some event doesn't make it true. The conspiracy theories have all this weird thing - they can't be completely invalidated but they can't (in most cases) be completely validated either.

Anyway I'm not saying it's impossible, just improbable http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif and I respect that of being unsettling to you. We have to wait to see I guess.

Sory if I messed up a bit, the first part isn't that easy to explain. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not if he wasn't sure who he could trust...

LightRey
09-05-2011, 01:39 AM
Not if he wasn't sure who he could trust... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
There's no reason to assume that. He's shown to be something of a friend to Lucy (this can be concluded from his emails to her, apparently she even has his phone number, since the emails are responses to messages left on his voice mail) and he's shown similar friendly behavior towards Shaun. In fact, the only one that didn't have any (visible) direct interaction with William was Rebecca.

Eurostar7
09-05-2011, 02:05 AM
If you seen the AC thing at PAX (i saw it via video, i wasnt there), Gabe from Ubisoft said that ancestor DNA can be accessable from either Father's or Mother's side so that means that Bill Miles could very well be unable to see other Assassins via Animus. That probably also explains the absence of Desmond's mother, there can be some good backstory with the mother that hasnt been fleshed out yet.

Anyway, Bill is short for William, and William's initials are WM, so the M can very well be the last name Miles, in which case he is for sure Desmond's father. But this is all speculation, maybe ACB will reveal this, since its named Revelations after all. I am excited to start playing this in November, i pre-ordered it the day it was available at Gamestop LOL

LightRey
09-05-2011, 02:28 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eurostar7:
If you seen the AC thing at PAX (i saw it via video, i wasnt there), Gabe from Ubisoft said that ancestor DNA can be accessable from either Father's or Mother's side so that means that Bill Miles could very well be unable to see other Assassins via Animus. That probably also explains the absence of Desmond's mother, there can be some good backstory with the mother that hasnt been fleshed out yet.

Anyway, Bill is short for William, and William's initials are WM, so the M can very well be the last name Miles, in which case he is for sure Desmond's father. But this is all speculation, maybe ACB will reveal this, since its named Revelations after all. I am excited to start playing this in November, i pre-ordered it the day it was available at Gamestop LOL </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It's not speculation. It's been revealed that William M. is William "Bill" Miles.

blazefp
09-05-2011, 03:45 AM
There's no reason to assume that. He's shown to be something of a friend to Lucy (this can be concluded from his emails to her, apparently she even has his phone number, since the emails are responses to messages left on his voice mail) and he's shown similar friendly behavior towards Shaun. In fact, the only one that didn't have any (visible) direct interaction with William was Rebecca. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah that and hmm... Desmond seems neutral, at least. I don't think Shaun would work and share lost stories with people he didn't trust

ShaneO7K
09-05-2011, 09:52 AM
There's no reason to assume that. He's shown to be something of a friend to Lucy (this can be concluded from his emails to her, apparently she even has his phone number, since the emails are responses to messages left on his voice mail) and he's shown similar friendly behavior towards Shaun. In fact, the only one that didn't have any (visible) direct interaction with William was Rebecca. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah it's pretty understandable that he has kept secrets from most of the team, in one of the e-mails it says one of the teams ( I forget where) may have a mole in their team so he has to be pretty careful on who he shares info with as he could never know if someone is actually a spy.

Poodle_of_Doom
09-05-2011, 10:09 AM

Yeah that and hmm... Desmond seems neutral, at least. I don't think Shaun would work and share lost stories with people he didn't trust </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You know, you actually made me think of something here. Are we sure that this William would even be related to Desmond? As you've said, he's fairly neutral on most things, and has access to the emails for the rest of the group. He's seen Lucy, Shaun, and Rebecca's emails. He knows a William M. has been sending them emails. If it was a relative of his, wouldn't you expect some sort of a response?

LightRey
09-05-2011, 10:18 AM

Yeah that and hmm... Desmond seems neutral, at least. I don't think Shaun would work and share lost stories with people he didn't trust </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You know, you actually made me think of something here. Are we sure that this William would even be related to Desmond? As you've said, he's fairly neutral on most things, and has access to the emails for the rest of the group. He's seen Lucy, Shaun, and Rebecca's emails. He knows a William M. has been sending them emails. If it was a relative of his, wouldn't you expect some sort of a response? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well, since his name is William "Bill" Miles I'd say he's family of Desmond.

Steww-
09-05-2011, 10:20 AM
Desmond seems to keep some things to himself. For example, when he doesn't tell them what Juno is saying. I would imagine him confronting Lucy, Shaun and Rebecca about what he read would create a lot of tension. The group would be pretty annoyed that a mysterious person had given Desmond passwords to their e-mail accounts.

On a lighter note, two of the sleeping bags in the sanctuary are next to each other. That and some of the messages between them make me think Rebecca and Shaun get along fine.

LightRey
09-05-2011, 10:23 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Steww-:
Desmond seems to keep some things to himself. For example, when he doesn't tell them what Juno is saying. I would imagine him confronting Lucy, Shaun and Rebecca about what he read would create a lot of tension. The group would be pretty annoyed that a mysterious person had given Desmond passwords to their e-mail accounts.

On a lighter note, two of the sleeping bags in the sanctuary are next to each other. That and some of the messages between them make me think Rebecca and Shaun get along fine. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I think those sleeping bags are actually Rebecca's and Lucy's.

dxsxhxcx
09-05-2011, 10:24 AM

You know, you actually made me think of something here. Are we sure that this William would even be related to Desmond? As you've said, he's fairly neutral on most things, and has access to the emails for the rest of the group. He's seen Lucy, Shaun, and Rebecca's emails. He knows a William M. has been sending them emails. If it was a relative of his, wouldn't you expect some sort of a response? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

or maybe Desmond knows who William M. is, and that's the reason why he'll do what William asked him to do...

Steww-
09-05-2011, 10:25 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Steww-:

On a lighter note, two of the sleeping bags in the sanctuary are next to each other. That and some of the messages between them make me think Rebecca and Shaun get along fine. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I think those sleeping bags are actually Rebecca's and Lucy's. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is that just an assumption, or did I miss something?

Not trying to say it's wrong.

LightRey
09-05-2011, 12:12 PM

I think those sleeping bags are actually Rebecca's and Lucy's. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not trying to say it's wrong. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Just something I think makes more sense since guys generally don't want to sleep together like that and neither possible "couple" appears to be at the stage of wanting to sleep together like that.

MT4K
09-05-2011, 12:18 PM

Not trying to say it's wrong. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I believe it is an assumption, but it does make sense.

Girls are more keen to bunk next to another girl rather than a guy if they aren't actually in a relationship (And from what i can remember there's no indication of anybody being more than actual colleagues besides a few E-Mails which can just be interpreted as close friends).

Not entirely sure why. Maybe girls just don't trust us guys or something :P lol.

Eurostar7
09-08-2011, 12:08 PM
Oh and Erudito, i saw someone mention them. They are a group of people who are against the Templars, so no, they are not Templars. But they are not Assassins either. They are a separate group from what i found out.

I want to know more about Marcus Junius Brutus. His middle name is intriguing because its similar to Juno and because he was probably the first ancestor to visit The Ones Who Came Before (way before Altair and Ezio). Also, i want to know more about Aquilus as he existed much earlier than Altair, and he could be linked to Brutus. I hope they bring out a game with those guys, or at least talk about them in the Encyclopedia.

blazefp
09-08-2011, 12:17 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eurostar7:
Oh and Erudito, i saw someone mention them. They are a group of people who are against the Templars, so no, they are not Templars. But they are not Assassins either. They are a separate group from what i found out.

I want to know more about Marcus Junius Brutus. His middle name is intriguing because its similar to Juno and because he was probably the first ancestor to visit The Ones Who Came Before (way before Altair and Ezio). Also, i want to know more about Aquilus as he existed much earlier than Altair, and he could be linked to Brutus. I hope they bring out a game with those guys, or at least talk about them in the Encyclopedia. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

gr8 join the group http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif