PDA

View Full Version : Taking still images (screen shots)

birdy1964
08-20-2007, 03:30 PM
~S~ All
Birdy here with yet another question for you.
please can someone tell me how to take a screen shot in IL2. I would love to get some great pictures for my desktop with this brilliant game.

birdy1964
08-20-2007, 03:30 PM
~S~ All
Birdy here with yet another question for you.
please can someone tell me how to take a screen shot in IL2. I would love to get some great pictures for my desktop with this brilliant game.

SlickStick
08-20-2007, 03:37 PM
Press Print Screen while in game. You can only do this once every ten seconds. The files are saved as .TGA files in your main IL2 folder as "grab001.tga" or similar.

A word of caution. Every instance of the game starts the screenshot count over. If you do not move or rename the files, the next time you launch the game and take screenshots, it will overwrite previous ones of the same filename.

major_setback
08-20-2007, 03:48 PM
You can't view them in windows without using a picture editing program like IrfanView (which is free to download) here.
http://www.irfanview.com/

Browse to main game folder, which is in your list of prgrams, using IrfanView and you should see your shots.

MB_Avro_UK
08-20-2007, 04:56 PM
Also, you can record the mission either online or offline and take screenshots at your leisure afterwards.

Pres esc. when the mission starts and select a file name for the video recording eg xxx.ntrk.

Before viewing the recording, select all switches 'up'.

I hope this helps..

Best Regards,
MB_Avro.

mortoma
08-21-2007, 06:34 AM
Also there's an easier method that does not require to DL any special program or such nonsense. Hit ALT+prt scr!!!! That's all there is to it. It captures the shot in bitmap format. Then after you exit the game, make sure you open up the paint program and then hit ctrl+v, which will paste the BMP file into the paint session. You must do this before shutting down your PC because the shot is only temporarliy in the clip board. Then just give it and name under the File menu by clicking on "Save as". Then you can convert to gif or jpg later if you want a smaller file size. No need to mess with TGA files or other such bothersome, cumbersome methods. You can only produce one screenshot per game session this way. If you do it again, the second shot will overwrite the first one in the temporary clip board. But way better than TGA method imho.

mortoma
08-21-2007, 06:41 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MB_Avro_UK:
Also, you can record the mission either online or offline and take screenshots at your leisure afterwards.

Pres esc. when the mission starts and select a file name for the video recording eg xxx.ntrk.

Before viewing the recording, select all switches 'up'.

I hope this helps..

Best Regards,
MB_Avro. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Best way to do it since you can put the replay in slowmo and get the best angle for the shot and best timing. I agree with this method.

birdy1964
08-21-2007, 07:54 AM
~S~ All and thankyou for your responces, My problem at the moment is not knowing or being able to find what folder il2 saves my screen shots in? Any suggestions would be gratefully received http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

JG52Uther
08-21-2007, 07:59 AM
They will be saved in your main game folder ie c\programme files\il2 sturmovik or where ever you installed the game.Open the folder and look for 'grab' files.

birdy1964
08-21-2007, 08:14 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JG52Uther:
They will be saved in your main game folder ie c\programme files\il2 sturmovik or where ever you installed the game.Open the folder and look for 'grab' files. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Thankyou guys, It's all about knowing what and where to look. Sorted now and I am truely grateful http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif