PDA

View Full Version : 190 prop pitch advice

jessi1
05-04-2005, 08:44 AM
What do you all use for prop pitch on the A-9 when cruising, in combat, and climbing. Also what do you set the radiator at during those same times. Curious and would like to know.

jessi1
05-04-2005, 08:44 AM
What do you all use for prop pitch on the A-9 when cruising, in combat, and climbing. Also what do you set the radiator at during those same times. Curious and would like to know.

3.JG51_BigBear
05-04-2005, 08:51 AM
I always run the 190 with 100% manual prop pitch, 95% throttle, rads closed and WEP engaged. You can run forever like that and not overheat. In a dive the engine might start to overrev a bit but just throttle back a touch and you're golden. I save the last 15% of the throttle for emergencies since in the high energy attack dives and climbs that extra little bit of power doesn't seem to do much.

VW-IceFire
05-04-2005, 08:53 AM
I run at 90-100%, auto prop, WEP engaged for attack, radiator at 8 for cruise and climb and closed for attack.

KGr.HH-Sunburst
05-04-2005, 09:23 AM
for cruising i use 90% throttle 80-90% manual pitch with WEP engaged rads from 6 to open to keep her nice and cool for combat.
in Combat rads from closed to 4, 90-95% pitch and 90-110% throttle with WEP
but it depends alot on the situation when im flying formation or not, i play alot with pitch and throttle and use rads open as much as possible

faustnik
05-04-2005, 09:33 AM
I use much lower prop pitch settings than most of you guys I guess. I use 65% for cruising at high speed and as low as 50% for extending in shallow dives. For climbing I use 77%.

In dives I close the radiator. In climb, I open it up to 6 or 8.

mynameisroland
05-04-2005, 09:38 AM
Rad full open prop auto 100% power for normal cruise and climb. Once at 3000m or 4000m throttle back to 80% to have extra cool engine before contact. Once contactwith enemy made rad closed throttle 100% prop auto. If Enemy AC tries to climb away or is avbove you throtle 110% with 100%prop pitch while climbing. If caught low airspeed and need level acelleration switch to 85% prop pitch rad closed 110% power once around 400kph indicate switch to auto again. I always fly with WEP engaged also, if you look after your engine when not in combat and be patient you can thrash it when you need to and it should be ok. IF you are running away and your engine overheats switch to auto prop throttle to 100% open radiator to stage 2 this will cool engine after 10 /20 secs or so. Only do this if you are confident you will not be caught. Its to save the engine for the next combat. If this guy is going to kill you the run your engine in to the ground trying to escape.

Rgr

JG53Frankyboy
05-04-2005, 11:06 AM
i fly mainly COOP misions.
so, on march im at automatik (how actualy a Fw190 should be flown !) because i have only to care the throtle setting while i reducing my performance that the Squadron can come to formation (hell, i fly to often as lead http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif ).
my cooler is full open. after the all are in formation i throttle up to 103%.

in combat, i fly at manual with 100% rev setting for the CSP and 103% throttle , cooler open. in emergency in hit 110% and Notleistung.
seldom im closing the cooler , just if i need every knot http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

while normal climbing i try to mantain 350km/h IAS.

btw, dont panic when you get the "overheat" report. the BMW801 can run 4:45min in overheat condition before it get damaged ! so you can fly save in overhat for minimum 3:30min, thats a lot in aircombat