PDA

View Full Version : n00b Question!

DeputyNelson
04-15-2006, 08:58 PM
So........how in the heck do I get setup so I can play this game online?

DeputyNelson
04-15-2006, 08:58 PM
So........how in the heck do I get setup so I can play this game online?

WWMaxGunz
04-15-2006, 09:20 PM
From IL2: Important Links sticky thread near the top of this forum......

The FAQ link.

http://www.airwarfare.com/sturmovik_101/faq_index.htm

Really you should look and read before asking. At any forum you are expected to.

DeputyNelson
04-15-2006, 09:28 PM
Sorry, I checked the thread about online play and didn't see anything. I'll look harder next time.

WWMaxGunz
04-15-2006, 09:33 PM
Look in the FAQ in the Online Play section, there are beaucoup Q&A's.

willyvic
04-15-2006, 09:50 PM
Deputy Nelson,

The FAQ can be quite frustrating if all you want is a basic answer to "how do I get online?"

There are several ways but I recommend the following:

1. If you know the ip of the server you would like to join, it is only a matter of plugging that number in the box within the game under multiplayer.

2. An easier way is to download the Hyperlobby client, available here: http://hyperfighter.sk/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=5 and join one of the many servers listed. Most of the servers are running the complete IL2 merge. Reading the hyperlobby help files will assist in any questions you may have after install.

Good luck and see you online.

Please do not hesitate to ask for help in this forum about anything that may come up.

vocatx
04-16-2006, 01:35 AM
You will have to be patched up to the current standard, right now 4.04m. Don't be afraid to ask questions. We all were new to this at one time.

MadRuski
04-16-2006, 02:50 AM
very nice WILLYVIC.... 666 posts, could be a sign lol

Taylortony
04-16-2006, 05:55 AM
I would also ask what version of the game you have..... do you have Forgotten battles.........Forgotten battles and AEP..........Forgotten Battles and AEP with Pacific fighters added............... Pacific fighters on its own...?

most people online run the latest megga merged version

Forgotten Battles and AEP with Pacific fighters added

Games for the other versions whilst still being out there are not as often flown....

BrewsterPilot
04-16-2006, 06:50 AM
AEP=Ace's Expansion Pack