PDA

View Full Version : DeviceLink applet to simulate photo-recon equipment: need a coder

PlaneEater
03-04-2006, 01:25 PM
After I finish my current project, I'm seriously considering building a campaign involving extensive photo-reconnaisance flying. However, I want the player to actually 'shoot' film--via screen captures and some trickery with the TrackIR support (possibly DeviceLink, too).

The idea is to fake an intervalometer and camera rig. There's a few pre-built camera configurations, an on/off switch, and two hotkeys that increase or decrease the intervalometer setting. When you start the cameras, every time it's supposed to take a picture, it stores the player's current view, flips to no-cockpit-no-gauges view, zips to the view angle / zoom that's set for each camera, and takes a screenshot.

If that's too much of a performance hit, I think there is a way to do it by recording an ntrak of the mission and using a key command that doesn't do anything on the player's aircraft to 'mark' for the applet where the cameras should start and stop.

Anyway, what I need to find is a programmer. I remember there were a few people here doing pretty neat stuff with the DeviceLink features.

This won't be that complicated--three or four simple controls, and a rudimentary script that stores view coordinates, switches to new ones defined in a list, takes screenshots, then does it again when the timer clicks over.

Anybody here interested, or know somebody who could do this that would be?

PlaneEater
03-04-2006, 01:25 PM
After I finish my current project, I'm seriously considering building a campaign involving extensive photo-reconnaisance flying. However, I want the player to actually 'shoot' film--via screen captures and some trickery with the TrackIR support (possibly DeviceLink, too).

The idea is to fake an intervalometer and camera rig. There's a few pre-built camera configurations, an on/off switch, and two hotkeys that increase or decrease the intervalometer setting. When you start the cameras, every time it's supposed to take a picture, it stores the player's current view, flips to no-cockpit-no-gauges view, zips to the view angle / zoom that's set for each camera, and takes a screenshot.

If that's too much of a performance hit, I think there is a way to do it by recording an ntrak of the mission and using a key command that doesn't do anything on the player's aircraft to 'mark' for the applet where the cameras should start and stop.

Anyway, what I need to find is a programmer. I remember there were a few people here doing pretty neat stuff with the DeviceLink features.

This won't be that complicated--three or four simple controls, and a rudimentary script that stores view coordinates, switches to new ones defined in a list, takes screenshots, then does it again when the timer clicks over.

Anybody here interested, or know somebody who could do this that would be?

WWSensei
03-04-2006, 01:30 PM
Most of the devicelink commands you would need are not accessible for online, so this would primarily be an offline app.

PlaneEater
03-04-2006, 01:42 PM
That would be the idea.
This is meant for offline, singleplayer use.

PlaneEater
03-05-2006, 10:50 AM
Punted back to the top.

Anybody have suggestions on who I might talk to about this?