PDA

View Full Version : Desmond DOES look like the same person!

GeneralTrumbo
09-24-2011, 03:24 PM
They just added more detail to him. He is going to look slightly different. THIS IS A HUGE GRAPHICS UPDATE. A HUGE ONE. He will have massive changes, keeping his beard still and looking the same. He looks cooler now. Does anyone know who they used mocap on for his character? And who thinks that Desmond's story is by far the most interesting? His is the thing keeping people coming back...

GeneralTrumbo
09-24-2011, 03:24 PM
They just added more detail to him. He is going to look slightly different. THIS IS A HUGE GRAPHICS UPDATE. A HUGE ONE. He will have massive changes, keeping his beard still and looking the same. He looks cooler now. Does anyone know who they used mocap on for his character? And who thinks that Desmond's story is by far the most interesting? His is the thing keeping people coming back...

GeneralTrumbo
09-24-2011, 03:37 PM
Anyone?

Rakudaton
09-24-2011, 03:42 PM
Sorry, but you're just... wrong. If you look at the Desmond and S16 video, Desmond looks nothing like he previously did. And the encyclopedia entry for him -- looks like neither his Brotherhood self nor his Revelations self. And the Desmond from the Gamescom trailer? A fourth Desmond, different from the other three.

Simply asserting that they look the same doesn't make it so, even if you do use caps lock.

PirateRob
09-24-2011, 03:43 PM
i agree on the graphics update, still cant get over the fact that he looks so much like nico from gta4 though.

all i know is that nolan north voices him and his face was based from francisco randez is it?

on the ubiworkshop theres a blog about mocap and having 15 mocap actors is probably one of them??

LightRey
09-24-2011, 03:44 PM
Well I would agree with you of course. However, as of now we've seen at least three different looks for him in released footage of ACR (which I find somewhat puzzling), so I'm not entirely sure which of his ACR looks you're referring to.

Blind2Society
09-24-2011, 03:45 PM
From what we saw, which admittedly is very little, I think he looks like crap.

PirateRob
09-24-2011, 03:47 PM
the theory on here of the animus mxing the faces up until we play through desmond's sections to seperate them sounds pretty spot on to me, seems the most likely, i've only seen two faces for desmond though, what is the third one?

LightRey
09-24-2011, 03:49 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PirateRob:
the theory on here of the animus mxing the faces up until we play through desmond's sections to seperate them sounds pretty spot on to me, seems the most likely, i've only seen two faces for desmond though, what is the third one? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That (relatively) early trailer about Desmond (I forget what it was called). In that one he looked basically the same as in ACB.

GeneralTrumbo
09-24-2011, 03:50 PM
Well I don't know...but I think that it looks like the same Desmond, just more worn. At least in the "Desmond's Mission" video. Maybe they could do with some touching though. They are using mocap finally, which is exciting. ^_^(HUGE graphics update!)

GeneralTrumbo
09-24-2011, 03:50 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PirateRob:
the theory on here of the animus mxing the faces up until we play through desmond's sections to seperate them sounds pretty spot on to me, seems the most likely, i've only seen two faces for desmond though, what is the third one? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That (relatively) early trailer about Desmond (I forget what it was called). In that one he looked basically the same as in ACB. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think that was before they finished the graphics update because the graphics looked the same in that trailer.

PirateRob
09-24-2011, 03:52 PM
i believe ive seen the acb look desmond video, and the most recent video with desmond washing up on the island in his mind, ive not seen a third look for desmond as of yet

GeneralTrumbo
09-24-2011, 03:54 PM
i believe ive seen the acb look desmond video, and the most recent video with desmond washing up on the island in his mind, ive not seen a third look for desmond as of yet </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He does look more like Niko though now, I agree.

dxsxhxcx
09-24-2011, 03:55 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rakudaton:
Sorry, but you're just... wrong. If you look at the Desmond and S16 video, Desmond looks nothing like he previously did. And the encyclopedia entry for him -- looks like neither his Brotherhood self nor his Revelations self. And the Desmond from the Gamescom trailer? A fourth Desmond, different from the other three.

Simply asserting that they look the same doesn't make it so, even if you do use caps lock. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

don't forget in one of the old trailers we also saw Altair with 5 fingers on his hand (running in Constantinople if I'm not wrong, a place where he went AFTER AC1 so he shouldn't have one of his fingers), I believe they used Desmond's old model in that trailer to not show the new one or because it wasn't finished yet...

LightRey
09-24-2011, 03:56 PM
i believe ive seen the acb look desmond video, and the most recent video with desmond washing up on the island in his mind, ive not seen a third look for desmond as of yet </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well there's the gamescom trailer look.

Krayus Korianis
09-24-2011, 06:59 PM
I don't see how Desmond looks remotely like Niko Bellic from GTA IV...

In those videos he looks like AltaÔr, Ezio and himself.

dxsxhxcx
09-24-2011, 07:10 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Krayus_Korianis:

In those videos he looks like AltaÔr, Ezio and himself. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

in this image I think he looks a little like Niko:
http://images1.wikia.nocookie....ions_IGN_trailer.jpg (http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110922212452/assassinscreed/images/5/5e/Desmond_Revelations_IGN_trailer.jpg)
http://chiefmendez.files.wordp...1/04/niko-bellic.png (http://chiefmendez.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/niko-bellic.png)

Krayus Korianis
09-24-2011, 08:04 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dxsxhxcx:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Krayus_Korianis:

In those videos he looks like AltaÔr, Ezio and himself. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

in this image I think he looks a little like Niko:
http://images1.wikia.nocookie....ions_IGN_trailer.jpg (http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110922212452/assassinscreed/images/5/5e/Desmond_Revelations_IGN_trailer.jpg)
http://chiefmendez.files.wordp...1/04/niko-bellic.png (http://chiefmendez.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/niko-bellic.png) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I don't see it.

NewBlade200
09-24-2011, 08:12 PM
Perhaps 16 was a plastic surgeon and messes with Des's face during memories. Crazyness is a powerful thing.

Krayus Korianis
09-24-2011, 08:15 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NewBlade200:
Perhaps 16 was a plastic surgeon and messes with Des's face during memories. Crazyness is a powerful thing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm still going with the Synchronization Nexus Subject 16 goes on about in the Desmond's Mission video.

As Desmond nears the end of Ezio's memories including that of AltaÔr's, he'll look more like himself.

RzaRecta357
09-24-2011, 08:18 PM
People need glasses.

Did you notice the textures? It's his normal face. They obviously just used a brotherhood bad texture one for the TEASER video.

Keyword, TEASER.

In those new trailers....those are the games almost gone gold face. I showed my cousin today and he loved it. Looks JUST like Desmond should....just with a major update.

Makes me happy cause Old Ezio looks alot like him. Too bad Altair doesn't still.

Blind2Society
09-24-2011, 08:23 PM
I don't know, I still think he looks like crap. Let me re-watch the video again just to be sure though.

Krayus Korianis
09-24-2011, 08:37 PM
AltaÔr looks like a younger Desmond.

Blind2Society
09-24-2011, 08:40 PM
Sorry for the play button, I just snapped a pic with my phone. I still think he looks like crap. His eyes and nose are just really funny looking. He kinda looks like a sad Tiger Woods.
http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/2278/0924112233.jpg

RzaRecta357
09-24-2011, 09:14 PM
I think it looks good but I think it's a matter of taste. Looking at everyone now....Seems like the new artist or whatever is going on with the graphics has a thing for making faces LIKE THAT if you know what I mean.

They all seem to have those jawlines going on now.

Blind2Society
09-24-2011, 09:19 PM
To me it looks like they screwed up his eyes pretty bad and they messed up his nose a bit. The bridge looks to square and his nostrals seem like they are permanently closed. But really his eyes are what I don't like.

Jexx21
09-24-2011, 09:22 PM
I actually like the new face, and it's really starting to grow on me. But just wait until the game comes out, a lot of this might just be testing the waters on the opinion of the viewers on the faces.

BioWare did something a little similar when they let the fans choose what FemShep would look like, just less sneaky.

Calvarok
09-24-2011, 09:36 PM
Blind, he looks sad because he IS sad. We're not used to such extensive expressions on AC characters. I think that's what's skewing perception of them.

And really, the bridge of the nose looks too flat? Nitpick much? : P

Jexx21
09-24-2011, 09:38 PM
Sad Desmond makes me ):

I wonder if Ezio will finally grit his teeth when he kills. :P

Blind2Society
09-24-2011, 09:45 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Calvarok:
Blind, he looks sad because he IS sad. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Thanks.

I said he looks like a sad Tiger Woods. Either way I sitll don't like his eyes.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Calvarok:
And really, the bridge of the nose looks too flat? Nitpick much? : P </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Look at it and tell me it doesn't.

Also, it seems to me that sadness would be an odd emotion for him to be feeling at a time like that. Unless he was there for long enough before hand to think things over. Like perhaps once he settled in and realised he was stuck. Then he spent a bunchof time thinking about Lucy and the like. But if this is shortly after he wakes up in the black room it's an odd emotion for him to be feeling. I would expect bewilderment or shock not sadness.

TheSt0ryTeller
09-24-2011, 09:52 PM
Well, this was a huge change to his facial appearance, I was talking to some friends from ACWiki on the IRC about this and we've come up with some assumptions.
1- It's Nico in an Animus
2- Desmond in GtA4.
XD Just a joke of course but it's a huge change and I mean HUGE! &gt;.&lt;

rileypoole1234
09-24-2011, 10:25 PM
I agree with the OP. He looks the same enough. People were gobsmacked at Ezio's face in the e3 trailer, but they stopped caring now. Desmond looks the same, and it's not like you'd confuse him for somebody else.

Blind2Society
09-24-2011, 11:14 PM
http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/4894/desmondsfaces.jpg

Animuses
09-24-2011, 11:34 PM
He definitely looks the same...

Blind2Society
09-25-2011, 12:38 AM
Did you edit that because you thought we wouldn't get your sarcasm? I don't like the change in his eyes, they are much more narrow and his nose seems a bit different.

RzaRecta357
09-25-2011, 01:52 AM
I totally see what you're saying and can see why you don't like it. I think he looks the same with more detailed graphics and they couldn't use that models face anymore. The nose does seem a bit odd. I'm sure it'll still be touched up a bit before it releases. Although it must be going gold sometime next month.

Also, I'm pretty sure Lucy was like the love of his life for the last few weeks. He's probably sad but more in a WTF is happening moment.

POP1Fan
09-25-2011, 02:29 AM
I think that except his nose, that looks a bit wierd, he is the same Desmond.
What actualy disturbs me is that he doesn't have the lip scar anymore.

itsamea-mario
09-25-2011, 06:15 AM
About 14 seconds in on the desmonds mission video, you can't seriously say that's the face of the Desmond we know and love.

Animuses
09-25-2011, 06:27 AM
You're kidding yourself if you are saying he looks the same. Nothing about him is the same.

Sick_one12
09-25-2011, 08:40 AM
Damn he looks totally crappy now http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif
I dont give a **** about improved graphics,
Desmond in ACB looks the best and i think that is how Desmond should look like http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Im still hoping this mixing-animus theories are correct,but really really doubt it http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif

gharlazufarc
09-25-2011, 08:42 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:
BioWare did something a little similar when they let the fans choose what FemShep would look like, just less sneaky. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But they're keep using Vanderloo's face as Shepard.
Why won't Ubisoft do the same? IMO Desmond's new face doesn't resemble Francisco Randez anymore.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by itsamea-mario:
About 14 seconds in on the desmonds mission video, you can't seriously say that's the face of the Desmond we know and love. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/3032/unled1zl.jpg
Oh man, Desmond is completely stoned. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

dex3108
09-25-2011, 09:02 AM
Desmond from AC1 to AC:R

http://i.imgur.com/AM1ESl.jpg (http://imgur.com/AM1ES)

And Desmond from AC:R Trailers

http://i.imgur.com/eoYqol.jpg (http://imgur.com/eoYqo)

The difference is obvious.

Calvarok
09-25-2011, 09:11 AM
... AND far less than the difference between the typical protagonist when his game series gets an updated engine. His revelations one looks more like the AC1 one, and comparing the original revelations one to the one we have now, it's also obvious how much more detailed the new one is.

Animuses
09-25-2011, 09:28 AM
AC Desmond looks nothing like ACR Desmond. Stop fooling yourself.
... AND far less than the difference between the typical protagonist when his game series gets an updated engine. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Stop trying to make yourself believe things that aren't true.

TheMusingMoose
09-25-2011, 09:32 AM
In all honesty, Desmond is less of a character and more of a plot device. I really don't care that much about him. I do, however, care about Shaun, Rebecca, and Lucy. So any changes in him really doesn't affect my enjoyment of the games story.

NewBlade200
09-25-2011, 10:03 AM
Where's the scar?

What about his nose? Did he get plastic surgery?

Has he been staying up late recently? He's sagging.

There's something wrong with his eyes? I don't know.

Did they mean to do that? Does the mocap thing change it that much?

So many questions, so little Desmond.

Calvarok
09-25-2011, 10:06 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Animuses:
... AND far less than the difference between the typical protagonist when his game series gets an updated engine. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Stop trying to make yourself believe things that aren't true. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Compare and contrast halo 3 mark V armor with Halo Reach mark V armor, or Halo 3 Cortana with Halo Reach Cortana. Or infamous 1 cole to infamous 2 cole. In videogames, reimaginings of characters are very common.

playassassins1
09-25-2011, 10:21 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JonnyQuickShot:
In all honesty, Desmond is less of a character and more of a plot device. I really don't care that much about him. I do, however, care about Shaun, Rebecca, and Lucy. So any changes in him really doesn't affect my enjoyment of the games story. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>`

But .... Without Desmond we coulden't see Ezio and Altair, But i dont care about his changes either

rileypoole1234
09-25-2011, 10:27 AM
The Animus is mixing Desmond's and Ezio's faces. He still looks the same, but because of the state Desmond in it's mixing their faces and their "data". I think we'll see Desmond's face change multiple times throughout the game. Somebody explains it better in this (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/6221034949) thread. It's not 100% confirmed but that's the most likely explanation.

NewBlade200
09-25-2011, 10:46 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by playassassins1:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JonnyQuickShot:
In all honesty, Desmond is less of a character and more of a plot device. I really don't care that much about him. I do, however, care about Shaun, Rebecca, and Lucy. So any changes in him really doesn't affect my enjoyment of the games story. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>`

But .... Without Desmond we coulden't see Ezio and Altair, But i dont care about his changes either </div></BLOCKQUOTE>We only ''need'' Des because the story is written that way. Games have gone back in time before. We didn't need an animus for that.

playassassins1
09-25-2011, 11:01 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NewBlade200:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by playassassins1:

But .... Without Desmond we coulden't see Ezio and Altair, But i dont care about his changes either </div></BLOCKQUOTE>We only ''need'' Des because the story is written that way. Games have gone back in time before. We didn't need an animus for that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yup you got a point right there.

Animuses
09-25-2011, 11:12 AM
Compare and contrast halo 3 mark V armor with Halo Reach mark V armor, or Halo 3 Cortana with Halo Reach Cortana. Or infamous 1 cole to infamous 2 cole. In videogames, reimaginings of characters are very common. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Cole was still noticeable, Desmond isn't. Stop trying to justify everything that UbiSoft does.

LightRey
09-25-2011, 11:27 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Animuses:
Stop trying to make yourself believe things that aren't true. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Compare and contrast halo 3 mark V armor with Halo Reach mark V armor, or Halo 3 Cortana with Halo Reach Cortana. Or infamous 1 cole to infamous 2 cole. In videogames, reimaginings of characters are very common. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Those weren't mark V armors. Except for Jorge's, but his was modified.

RzaRecta357
09-25-2011, 12:55 PM
You're complanning way to much. He looks the same. It's just a new art style and improved graphics. He's missing his lip scar though. I don't like how this new writer and head director are changing the same faces and scars the ancestors all share.

I seriously seriously big time doubt his face will change as he does things. That's just the new art style, and everyone's gonna have to live with it.

His old face doesn't fit the new style the mocapping gives off. I bet Shaun and Rebecca look funny at first too. Especially Rebecca.

Jexx21
09-25-2011, 01:59 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RzaRecta357:
You're complanning way to much. He looks the same. It's just a new art style and improved graphics. He's missing his lip scar though. I don't like how this new writer and head director are changing the same faces and scars the ancestors all share.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They may not of added the lip scar in yet. And I have yet to see the new writer and director ret-conning stuff.

Animuses
09-25-2011, 02:04 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RzaRecta357:
He looks the same. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
http://i.imgur.com/AM1ESl.jpg (http://imgur.com/AM1ES)
Yeah, he definitely looks the same. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Blind2Society
09-25-2011, 02:34 PM
When I look at that, the only thing that looks the same is his hair and his clothes.

LightRey
09-25-2011, 02:55 PM
My god. How can people possibly claim that he looks the same? He looks way different. I don't see how people can even dare claim he looks more like his AC1 model than his ACII and ACB models did.
I'm all for the model being "upgraded" when the graphics change, but this certainly isn't caused by merely that.

dex3108
09-25-2011, 03:07 PM
New Desmond is based on old models. There is some similarity, new Desmond have longer face (old modal have rounded), new model have more visible cheeks, new model have different eyes, nose is more/less same. Conclusion new model is similar but different from old model.

rileypoole1234
09-25-2011, 04:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
My god. How can people possibly claim that he looks the same? He looks way different. I don't see how people can even dare claim he looks more like his AC1 model than his ACII and ACB models did.
I'm all for the model being "upgraded" when the graphics change, but this certainly isn't caused by merely that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh come on mate. Stop complaining. It's Desmond. It's the same person. His face is wider, and he's a bit older, Like Nathan Drake's in Uncharted 3. He looks a bit different but it's the same bloody character. He is Desmond. There have been bigger change in character models that nobody cares about.

LightRey
09-25-2011, 04:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rileypoole1234:
I'm all for the model being "upgraded" when the graphics change, but this certainly isn't caused by merely that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh come on mate. Stop complaining. It's Desmond. It's the same person. His face is wider, and he's a bit older, Like Nathan Drake's in Uncharted 3. He looks a bit different but it's the same bloody character. He is Desmond. There have been bigger change in character models that nobody cares about. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'm not complaining really. I don't really mind how he looks, but he does look quite a lot different.

ShaneO7K
09-25-2011, 04:35 PM
I think it would be fair to say that his appearance has slight subject to change, but people are taking this a little too seriously. He is definetly still recognisable as Desmond almost instantly and this is definetly not the first time in gaming where characters have had changes to their appearance.

At the end of the day you will all get use to his appearance pretty quickly, regardless of what you think now.

LightRey
09-25-2011, 04:40 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dead_gunner187:
I think it would be fair to say that his appearance has slight subject to change, but people are taking this a little too seriously. He is definetly still recognisable as Desmond almost instantly and this is definetly not the first time in gaming where characters have had changes to their appearance.

At the end of the day you will all get use to his appearance pretty quickly, regardless of what you think now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I agree with that, but it's still quite a significant change.

Blind2Society
09-25-2011, 04:43 PM
I'm not complaining really. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I am. I think he looks terrible and not like Desmond. Some fundamental features of facial recognition were changed and he looks more like a different person that somewhat kinda of ressembles Desmond. As I said the only thing that looks the same is his hair and the clothes.

That being said. There is nothing I can do about it and in the end I really won't care and will love the game all the same.

RzaRecta357
09-25-2011, 05:01 PM
He looks the same. Like I said it's the new graphics and art style.

That's the way it goes.

Max Payne 1 to Max Payne 2. Would you like him to have kept his gotta go to the bathroom look?

New graphics, new art style as the other characters seem to have that look about them. He looks like him with way more definition in his face rather than the same textured bad fake skin look since AC1.

Not to mention they'll probably see this topic and touch it up. We've only been complaining and arguing since those videos released and I'm sure they check the reactions on here.

Blind2Society
09-25-2011, 05:08 PM
It's not the skin complexity that makes him look different. I disagree with you.

His entire face is more narrow and less rounded. His temples are pushed in. His eyes are more narrow. His nose seems different in some way. His bottom lip and chin are chubbier. All of these things together and he looks like a different person.

I suppose all that being said we can just agree to disagree.

Animuses
09-25-2011, 05:28 PM
Desmond looks like a complete different person. If you say otherwise, then you are just fooling yourself.

RzaRecta357
09-25-2011, 06:43 PM
I totally see it and just think it's up to opinion.

Some people see a complete and total different face.

Some people see the same exact face just with real features and not a 2006 game model look. To us he still is the same and looks the same..just has actual features improved to match the times.

It's like Marcus Fenix on gears of war. Mass detail overhaul on his face from the first and second to the third game when it comes to the little things. Not nearly as drastic as Desmond but that's because Desmond's character model style is outdated looking if you ask me.

Fake and shiny looking like Deus Ex and not real and rugged looking like Skyrim.

Ioder
09-25-2011, 06:49 PM
People need to give Ubi some credit for a huge graphical change. Even if this is some animus/subconscious thing, I love what Ubi has done.

Blind2Society
09-25-2011, 06:52 PM
I love the graphical upgrade but hate the feature changes.

Calvarok
09-25-2011, 09:40 PM
Well it's undeniable that typically "desmond" parts in the face still exist, like the eyes and nose. I think that desmond's AC2 face was really outdated looking, which explains the drastic change now. We've arrived now at a matter of first impressions and opinion. Sorry that you don't like it, Blind2. I'm sure you'll warm to it.

Dagio12
09-25-2011, 11:59 PM
looking at the pictures posted.. he does look a little different, but not enough to warrant this much harassment. To me, he looks like an older Desmond (which he isnt really that much older... cause this series technically spans a few weeks for him...), but at the same time it just kind of looks like a better, more detailed, more real version. He actually looks like a he has a more real human face. He was immediately recognizable to me and although there are some differences, im willing to accept the graphical upgrage, the new and (IMO) more detailed art direction, and the possible fact that they may no longer be in contract with the face actor and had no choice but to make it a little different. At the end of the day, he is still Desmond, he still sounds like Desmond, and he still pretty much looks like him... Im not to worried about it..

LightRey
09-26-2011, 12:10 AM
Well it's undeniable that typically "desmond" parts in the face still exist, like the eyes and nose. I think that desmond's AC2 face was really outdated looking, which explains the drastic change now. We've arrived now at a matter of first impressions and opinion. Sorry that you don't like it, Blind2. I'm sure you'll warm to it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I have no doubt you're right, but the change is so significant I think it at least noteworthy.

Blind2Society
09-26-2011, 12:15 AM
Harassment? Who exactly are we harassing? I think you ought to choose your words better. Either way I still feel they could have done better keeping the look of Desmond while still upgrading the graphical detail.

I think if they gave that person (Desmond) different hair, different clothes and posted the pic somewhere other than an AC related place, no one would recognise it as Desmond. Some may say, hey that kind of resembles Desmond but that's about it in my opinion.

In any event I can live with the change.

RzaRecta357
09-26-2011, 12:24 AM
See Blind I think that may be where you're wrong. I think the people in the minority are the ones finding the problem.

I showed that IGN video to two of my friends at the same time without saying anything.

Their reactions were basically WOW subject 16 and WOW graphic upgrade to the max on the face.

Most people are just seeing way more detail and as I have put it and another poster like two above have said it just seems like they finally added real detail since the AC2/brotherhood model was outdated. His skin and everything looked very outdated. This one just looks amazing.

But regardless if they do search these forums I'm sure they'll be looking for a happy medium for us all.

Let's hope his damn lip scar gets in there before they finish it.

Blind2Society
09-26-2011, 12:30 AM
I do find it interesting that you think you and two of your friends who said the graphics were upgraded make up the majority. I really do hate when people on forums claim majority. Anyway I stand by all of my previous posts and you and I can simply agree to disagree.

itsamea-mario
09-26-2011, 12:48 AM
It's great their adding detail, it's just the wrong detail.

BK-110
09-26-2011, 01:51 AM
He kind of looks like a mix between Desmond, AltaÔr and Ezio, which would make sense, since the three are kind of entangled within Desmond, something which the Animus represents visually.

That sounds like a pretty decent explanation to me, at least.

Gil_217
09-26-2011, 02:23 AM
Desmond looks like Niko Bellic? FFS, he looks nothing like Niko Bellic. Basically, his face is the same, with some details now.

LightRey
09-26-2011, 09:12 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BK-110:
He kind of looks like a mix between Desmond, AltaÔr and Ezio, which would make sense, since the three are kind of entangled within Desmond, something which the Animus represents visually.

That sounds like a pretty decent explanation to me, at least. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I am inclined to believe this at this time, though I'm not going to jump to any conclusions.

ShaneO7K
09-26-2011, 09:19 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BK-110:

That sounds like a pretty decent explanation to me, at least. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Right now that does make sense.

RzaRecta357
09-26-2011, 11:17 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blind2Society:
I do find it interesting that you think you and two of your friends who said the graphics were upgraded make up the majority. I really do hate when people on forums claim majority. Anyway I stand by all of my previous posts and you and I can simply agree to disagree. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haha you took it the wrong way. I was just figuring that since for the most part in this topic it looks like most people enjoy the upgrade and you and animuses REALLY hate it. Like you're first impression didn't like it while the others here and my two friends I used as example were just floored with how awesome the graphics and his face look.

Don't get me wrong I still think he could use some touching up and he probably will get some before it goes gold in the next two months. He does give off a bit of that Niko look. But when I saw him I was just totally ecstatic with the upgrade!

del140904084401
09-26-2011, 11:25 AM
Alright the Niko Belic thing i think the reason people are saying this is because Niko was and Ugly son of a bi**h!!! That i hated the whole time i played GTA and tried to overlook by changing his outfit etc....but Iím not here to discuss Niko....Desmond looked like an attractive guy, swimmer build he reminded me of myself, now he reminds me of what i might look like if i took meth for a couple years, improved graphic's great.. that awesome it an essential part of staying ahead of the curve, I really liked the Desmond we saw in the games conn trailer he looked a little mean more serious, but this new sh*t and i call it sh*t just makes me furious, this is one of the only game series i even play and Iím immersed in this whole world, i buy, read and play everything that has ac remotely involved, I love how it incorporates all this rich history a lot of us donít know about, conspiracies on top of conspiracies etcÖ. but back to my rant bc thatís what Iím writing about today, 1st his nose is completely different as are his eyes, his entire face is different!!! He looks older and fatter in some ways bone structure ? Keep in mind he is not aging by years in this game but by weeks to months This is to everyone that says he looks the same, here ya go......... just bc me and me ugly friend go get the same haircut and the same jacket it doesn't make him any less ugly.......
I work with computers and graphics every day, 40 to 60 hours a week... so saying this is a graphic's upgrade is correct and like I said b4 everything else may be great and Iím sure it will be but as desmond stands the plastic surgeon needs to be fired, i can't believe someone signed off on this!!!! Iím not sure what resources were put into this design but the fact that it made it all the way to production astounds me....the main thing i enjoy about these games are the story and with that the video's this i just hoping what we saw was a combo blackroom what going on thing face combo or all this is just really unpolished sh*t....I'm done ranting and Iím sure ubisoft has a grand scheme so everyone that hates everything i said can now start bashing away

Windrius
09-26-2011, 11:46 AM
intro in AC:R:
".....My name is Desmond Miles.... I come from Soviet Russia! And this is Grand Theft Assassin IV!".

LightRey
09-26-2011, 12:00 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Windrius:
".....My name is Desmond Miles.... I come from Soviet Russia! And this is Grand Theft Assassin IV!". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
In Soviet Russia, Templar kill you.

srsly though, Niko wasn't Russian.

Windrius
09-26-2011, 12:03 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Windrius:
".....My name is Desmond Miles.... I come from Soviet Russia! And this is Grand Theft Assassin IV!". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

srsly though, Niko wasn't Russian. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Really? :O I always thought he was!

itsamea-mario
09-26-2011, 12:12 PM
Nah I think he's most likely ugaslavian(?) or polish or something.
Though u don't think he's actually from anywhere in particular.

And now we're going off topic.

They changed his Jaw line, which is one of the defining features of someone's face.

Sick_one12
09-26-2011, 12:43 PM
shouldnt we just start a petition?
i mean.....everyone who doesnt like his new face at all(me included) can take part in it and even the people who can live with it could because seriously:even if you can live with his new look wouldnt you also prefer to get back his old face? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

But now theres the question:did any petition before reach anything else than nothing on these boards before? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

SweetsMachineGun
09-26-2011, 01:04 PM
Honestly, I don't think his new face resembles his face in the past two games in the least, and it's pretty ugly to boot. His face isn't really enough to deter me from playing the game though, so I don't think I care enough to protest or create a petition hahaha. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Animuses
09-26-2011, 01:41 PM
I never said I hated Desmond's new look. All I ever said was that it looked like a complete different person. All he has is the same hairstyle and the same clothes. Everything else about him looks completely different. It's not a matter of opinion, it's a fact. The only reason people are saying he looks similar is because they are either kissing UbiSoft's *** or they just want to believe he looks the same.

LightRey
09-26-2011, 04:23 PM

srsly though, Niko wasn't Russian. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Really? :O I always thought he was! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Nah, he's from the Balkans (stated in the game somewhere I believe). The best guesses out there are either that he's Serbian (he speaks Serbian in the game) or Croatian, but it's never been confirmed.

EDIT: zomg, 2500 posts! :O

NewBlade200
09-26-2011, 05:07 PM
Yay LightRey! You have shown how with a little bit of effort, we can all have little to no lives under the control of the internet http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

I'm joking of course, and I give you my sincerest congrats on your latest benchmark http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

Voltige2011
09-26-2011, 06:48 PM
Might just be the animus, a machine that makes you see things in your dna.
I remember somewhere that you can change the animus files to make you look like someone else(they turned character skins into an animus feature i.e. Ezio to Desmond in ACB.) Why can't we agree that Rebecca was playing around with the files?

frigabond
09-26-2011, 07:01 PM
About the nose. . . looks to me at least like the bridge curves in the completely opposite direction. Like he has been hit with a 4 inch pipe. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

In AC the curve was slightly outward, sort of romanish IMO.

ham_vet001
09-26-2011, 07:21 PM
I have an idea. Maybe, just maybe, he's just older? Like, 5 or even 10 years older than he was in Brotherhood? That would explain why his face looks so craggy, and it would be a massive plot twist too.

Blind2Society
09-26-2011, 07:24 PM
5 to 10 years older huh? Did you think that through before you posted? If he was 5 to 10 years older the entire point of the series would have passed him by.

Animuses
09-26-2011, 07:28 PM
The entire series has only been a little over a month.

ham_vet001
09-26-2011, 07:41 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blind2Society:
5 to 10 years older huh? Did you think that through before you posted? If he was 5 to 10 years older the entire point of the series would have passed him by. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'm just throwing the idea out there. Only the ACR writers could tell us how long he'll be stuck in that coma.

Voltige2011
09-26-2011, 08:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ham_vet001:
5 to 10 years older huh? Did you think that through before you posted? If he was 5 to 10 years older the entire point of the series would have passed him by. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'm just throwing the idea out there. Only the ACR writers could tell us how long he'll be stuck in that coma. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Most likely under 72 days since they were talking about the world blowing up or something in 72 days.

Jexx21
09-26-2011, 09:31 PM
My theory is that he'll wake up from his coma either 5 days or so before the 21st, or he'll wake up the day in November when AC3 releases.

naran6142
09-26-2011, 10:18 PM
i hope they dont

cuz i dont want a rushed story to end the series

desmond still has to find all of those temples, tho its possible that the assassins have found some of them already and desmond only has to find a few

but if the assassins find most of the temples while desmond is in a coma then it will sorta undermine their importance, IMO

Azugo
09-27-2011, 03:30 AM
Personally, I think he looks better than the previous games.

Revelations:

http://i890.photobucket.com/albums/ac101/Pockololp/Desmond_Revelations.jpg

Brotherhood:

http://i890.photobucket.com/albums/ac101/Pockololp/Desmond_Brotherhood.jpg

To me, it looks like he has his own characteristics now, and it definitely looks like he has higher detailed textures aswell...

itsamea-mario
09-27-2011, 03:41 AM
That picture doesn't look to bad actually.

Saying it's a mix of ezio Altair and Desmond.
It's more likely it's a mix of francesco randez and Nolan north.

LightRey
09-27-2011, 09:24 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by itsamea-mario:
That picture doesn't look to bad actually.

Saying it's a mix of ezio Altair and Desmond.
It's more likely it's a mix of francesco randez and Nolan north. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I agree. He looks a lot better from this angle. He still has the sad look in his eyes though. Used to be a more angry one.

luckyto
09-27-2011, 09:37 AM
His eye and nose structure is still different. Cheeks may sag, but not his skull. He doesn't look the same, no matter how people sell it. It's not just more definition and detail, it's that the model is off.

People don't have to accept that it works. It's OK to tell Ubisoft that they messed up. And it's OK to like the game regardless of this one minor thing.

Animuses
09-27-2011, 02:01 PM
@luckyto
You explained it perfectly. :')

SweetsMachineGun
09-27-2011, 02:56 PM
Agree with @luckyto. I definitely think they messed up here (although some people may see it as an improvement). Still not going to deter me from getting my hands on the game though.

rileypoole1234
09-27-2011, 03:37 PM
He looks more like a real person now. Look at that picture of him in Brotherhood. He looks like he was carved out of clay. In the photo of him in Revelations, he looks like I always picture him in my mind. The textures are higher and he definitely has his own features and characteristics now. I like it. I don't love it(his face could be a bit thinner), but I like it.

Animuses
09-27-2011, 03:53 PM
Him looking more realistic has nothing to do with the fact that he does not look the same in any way.

luckyto
09-27-2011, 03:55 PM
Him looking more realistic has nothing to do with the fact that he does not look the same in any way. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Precisely! And thank you -

luckyto
10-04-2011, 10:30 AM
So according to Escoblades' new interview, Desmond's face is different and it is simply from changing their technology and modeling. Would have liked Ubi to get that a little closer, but sounds like they tried. I'd rather have better graphics, so fair trade. No dealbreaker. Bring on Revelations.

ShaneO7K
10-04-2011, 12:20 PM
If anything he looks more like Desmond now than ever before because of the new facial tech.

Grandmaster_Z
10-04-2011, 01:27 PM
looks like he got punched a few times in the face

OGCFB
10-04-2011, 01:30 PM
I liked angry eyed Desmond better than pale skin sad eyes Desmond :P

Calvarok
10-04-2011, 02:29 PM
His skin is not that pale, he's just in a place with unnatural lighting.

Anyways, the point of what the new Desmond looks like is that he looks more like what they were trying to make him look like in previous games.
And he looks sad or confused because he IS sad and confused at those times.

Desmond in AC1 looked ok, but a little too blocky, in AC2 he looked more like a caricature of a real person, and now, he definately looks like Fransisco and Nolan put together.

All the things that used to make him look like himself before that are gone were things the artists didn't even want. You're complaining about how you liked a newly-cleaned room better when it was messy.

Jexx21
10-04-2011, 02:31 PM
I for one love the new faces. Can't wait to get in the game and see the beauty of the environment also.

LightRey
10-04-2011, 02:33 PM
We probably just saw him from some bad angles.

ShaneO7K
10-04-2011, 02:59 PM
Escos interview definetly sorted out why they look differen't and the explanation definetly made sense with Altair.