PDA

View Full Version : Icons

DnnC
07-06-2004, 10:18 PM
I thought I would take the next step in IL2 by turning off externals. I wanted to get used to not being able to see enemy planes by having the icons on. Problem is, it starts showing them a 3k. So is there anyway I can reduce the distance to say .5 or 1k? This is single player by the way, thought I would need some practice before trying online.

DnnC
07-06-2004, 10:18 PM
I thought I would take the next step in IL2 by turning off externals. I wanted to get used to not being able to see enemy planes by having the icons on. Problem is, it starts showing them a 3k. So is there anyway I can reduce the distance to say .5 or 1k? This is single player by the way, thought I would need some practice before trying online.

-HH- Beebop
07-06-2004, 10:34 PM
Perhaps a foolish question, did you turn off icons on the difficulty menu?
You can also toggle icons on and off in the 'Controls" menu. Just assign a key(s) for that function. You can even toggle through icon types. (i.e., full ID, plane and distance, distance only). I believe there is a way to edit the conf. file to change/turn off icon color also. Hopefully someone with that knowledge will happen across this thread.

Hope this helps.

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/9334/Image6.jpg
HellHounds Virtual Air Wing

DnnC
07-06-2004, 10:55 PM
Icons are on as I have intended. Except I see the icons at extreme distances. For example I see an enemy plane at 5 kilometers away. I don't want to see the plane icon until maybe 1 kilometer away. So my question is how to I reduce the seeing distance of the icon to what I want. I have seen this done in multiplayer.

F16_txmx
07-06-2004, 11:53 PM
This is done by the mp_dotrange command. You can set icon distances for both friendly and enemy. The command is typed in the console (shift+tab). Distance is set in kilometers. Syntax:

mp_dotrange DOT X RANGE X COLOR X TYPE X NAME X ID X

Example:

mp_dotrange DOT 20 RANGE 2.0 COLOR 1.5 TYPE 0.5 NAME O.5 ID 0.5

The above line sets the ranges for both friendly and enemy. You will see DOT at 20 km, range from 2.0 km, color from 1.5 km, type name and id from 0.5 km.

To set it individually for each team just add FRIENDLY or FOE after the mp_dotrange command. Example:

mp_dotrange FRIENDLY DOT 20 RANGE 2.0 COLOR 1.5 TYPE 0.5 NAME O.5 ID 0.5
mp_dotrange FOE DOT 15 RANGE 1.5 COLOR 1.0 TYPE 0.3 NAME O.3 ID 0.3

To make icons or certain values not visible use the value 0.01.

Good Luck!

"Pay to kill, die to lose..."
http://www.flygflottilj16.se/images/sigs_avatars/txmx_sig.jpg (http://www.flygflottilj16.se)
P4 3GHz | ABIT IC7-G | 1GB DDR PC2700 | Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB | Philips 170S4 TFT
Windows XP Professional | DirectX 9.0b | Saitek X45 Hotas | CH Pedals | TrackIR

DnnC
07-07-2004, 01:59 AM
Thank you, that is exactly what I needed.

ImpStarDuece
07-07-2004, 04:10 AM
Thanks for the info f16_txmx.

Any way to make this permament? My settings keep going back to the default in QMB every time i try a different scenario.

Also, any way to see only a foe indication? No id, type, name or anything. Just something that shows initially the position of the aircraft and then its postion and whether its an enemy or not. Sort of like the box system in European air war.

Flying Bullet Magnet... Catching Lead Since 2002

"There's no such thing as gravity, the earth sucks!"

"War is just an extension of politics carried out by other means" von Clauswitz.

Zayets
07-07-2004, 04:48 AM
I heard that Il2 Stab makes this kinda mods permanent. I never tried it though.

Zayets out

http://server5.uploadit.org/files/Zayets-sigIAR.jpg

LittleMadZ
07-07-2004, 08:13 AM
perhaps you can try to paste your string in the rcu file (without extension) tah u can find in the IL2fb root folder... in the server it works :-).

An important thing to keep in mind is that if you set a parameter to 0.0 it doesn't work. In my configuration i have set the colors (friendly or foe) to 0.1 otherwise they are visible to 5km.

Hope this is helps

Bye

LittleMadz

XyZspineZyX
07-07-2004, 10:03 AM
also, remember to invoke custom icon settings in the QMB, it doesn't work the same as it does online, where you invoke the text buffer and add a > before typing your icon commands.

I think you need to press Shift+Tab or something like that (operating from very faulty memory...). Point is, the procedure is different online than off.