PDA

View Full Version : Scar

Kill3r333
07-14-2011, 10:54 PM
Altair, Ezio, and Desmond all have the same scar on their lip and it isn't possible for that to be passed down so they had to acquire it somehow. We know that Ezio got it when he got hit by a rock, but how do you think Desmond and Altair got their scars?

Kill3r333
07-14-2011, 10:54 PM
Altair, Ezio, and Desmond all have the same scar on their lip and it isn't possible for that to be passed down so they had to acquire it somehow. We know that Ezio got it when he got hit by a rock, but how do you think Desmond and Altair got their scars?

Chamboozer
07-14-2011, 11:01 PM
They slipped in the bathtub.

StarScream391
07-14-2011, 11:07 PM
Lol

Calvarok
07-14-2011, 11:10 PM
Desmond in a bar brawl, Altair in a fight during an early assassination mission.

Artemis88
07-15-2011, 01:58 AM
^And Ezio having a rock hurled at him (coincedentally hitting him on the mouth I think), then getting into a punch up with Vieri and friends.

sfin1994
07-15-2011, 03:22 AM
Think of it like this : Ubi put it like that so that all of Desmonds ancestors have something unique to there linage, something we see and say ' Ya, thats one of them. '

Iskander_Estel
07-15-2011, 10:16 AM
Giovanni Auditore had the same scar. So yes it'is kind of a... how to call it? it's something like the hood, just a trademarck of the Assassin's Creed series.

Artemis88
07-15-2011, 10:46 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Iskander_Estel:
Giovanni Auditore had the same scar. So yes it'is kind of a... how to call it? it's something like the hood, just a trademarck of the Assassin's Creed series. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't remember Giovanni bearing the same scar on his mouth as the others http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

RzaRecta357
07-15-2011, 11:05 AM
He didn't.

Azula2005
07-15-2011, 11:30 AM
Maybe a genetic birthmark?

sassinscreed
07-15-2011, 02:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kill3r333:
Altair, Ezio, and Desmond all have the same scar on their lip and it isn't possible for that to be passed down so they had to acquire it somehow. We know that Ezio got it when he got hit by a rock, but how do you think Desmond and Altair got their scars? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ubisoft put that scar on their face while making game

the_atm
07-15-2011, 09:06 PM
Not sure, but according to Assassin's creed 2 the book, i'm to lazy to put the real name, any ways Ezio has the scar from the rock on this brow... but that's wrong...

i don't know, maybe it's like fate or something? then all get the scar at the age of, what was ezio? 20 something? who knows...

Calvarok
07-15-2011, 10:34 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by livfreorletmedi:
Not sure, but according to Assassin's creed 2 the book, i'm to lazy to put the real name, any ways Ezio has the scar from the rock on this brow... but that's wrong...

i don't know, maybe it's like fate or something? then all get the scar at the age of, what was ezio? 20 something? who knows... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ezio was 17. And you can visibly see him get the scar from the rock at the beginning of AC 2, I thought everyone knew that.

In Real Life, the reason they all have the scar is because they all share desmond's face model, and taking the time to erase it is more difficult than just giving Desmond different facial hair, skin tones, and hair.

In the game, they all just happen to have scars at that place.

Conniving_Eagle
07-16-2011, 02:01 AM
I'm pretty sure it's because Ubisoft are a little lazy and use the same character model for all the Assassins. Want proof? When the animus is loading, look at any of the Assassin's faces, they all look like Desmond. Which means we don't even know what Altair looks like, and it also bothers me that Ezio's hair doesn't show when he puts his hood on. I mean he has bangs for crying out loud. It's not a birthmark, either.

Calvarok
07-16-2011, 02:17 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ConnivingEagle:
I'm pretty sure it's because Ubisoft are a little lazy and use the same character model for all the Assassins. Want proof? When the animus is loading, look at any of the Assassin's faces, they all look like Desmond. Which means we don't even know what Altair looks like, and it also bothers me that Ezio's hair doesn't show when he puts his hood on. I mean he has bangs for crying out loud. It's not a birthmark, either. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There are story reasons for it, but yes, Ubisoft use the same models. But as far as we know, they actually all did look pretty much that way. If Altair is given a unique model in Revelations, like Ezio is being given, then we know that him having Desmond's face was non-canon.

Also, Ezio's hair was not shown because it's something that's not going to be seen for the majority of gameplay, so they decided to cut down on the polygon budget.

RzaRecta357
07-16-2011, 08:54 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ConnivingEagle:
I'm pretty sure it's because Ubisoft are a little lazy and use the same character model for all the Assassins. Want proof? When the animus is loading, look at any of the Assassin's faces, they all look like Desmond. Which means we don't even know what Altair looks like, and it also bothers me that Ezio's hair doesn't show when he puts his hood on. I mean he has bangs for crying out loud. It's not a birthmark, either. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LMAO. He says that like he thinks we didn't notice and like UBisoft are actually to lazy.

No, they are not to lazy. That's just the way the franchise works. There will be a reason for them having the same face probably. If not, oh well. I'm glad it's like that.

Also, you can't even see the scar on old ezio during gameplay anymore I think.

Daniel and Nikolai were like 100 years apart and what you're calling that artist lazy now too? He took the time to draw an awesome blonde russian, then to draw Daniel...that looks like him just modern with piercings and no giant russian mustache.

Calvarok
07-16-2011, 09:57 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RzaRecta357:

LMAO. He says that like he thinks we didn't notice and like UBisoft are actually to lazy.

No, they are not to lazy. That's just the way the franchise works. There will be a reason for them having the same face probably. If not, oh well. I'm glad it's like that.

Also, you can't even see the scar on old ezio during gameplay anymore I think.

Daniel and Nikolai were like 100 years apart and what you're calling that artist lazy now too? He took the time to draw an awesome blonde russian, then to draw Daniel...that looks like him just modern with piercings and no giant russian mustache. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, there is not a real reason why they had the same face. It saved resources and time, the story had nothing to do with it.

Dag_B
07-16-2011, 02:18 PM
I don't know where it was but I read somewhere that it's because of the animus.
The characters do not look like they actually looked but resamble to the person that uses the animus. So the "real" ezio looked a little bit different and he would look different if somebody else would sit in the animus.

I think it had something to do with the identification of the person sitting in the animus with it's ancestor but I am not sure...

LightRey
07-16-2011, 05:23 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dag_B:
I don't know where it was but I read somewhere that it's because of the animus.
The characters do not look like they actually looked but resamble to the person that uses the animus. So the "real" ezio looked a little bit different and he would look different if somebody else would sit in the animus.

I think it had something to do with the identification of the person sitting in the animus with it's ancestor but I am not sure... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It's possible, but there's been no confirmation.
I also doubt it, because multiplayer is also canon. They're templars training to become assassin-like fighters and none of them have different faces dependent on who's playing with them.

CRUDFACE
07-18-2011, 03:07 PM
You know if you look at AC2 when Ezio gets hit by that rock...which he had a while to duck out from...it hits him on the left side, but the cut is on the right side, always looked so weird when looking at it.

ThaWhistle
07-18-2011, 03:13 PM
man, the stuff that gets said here sure is ******ed some times...

LightRey
07-18-2011, 03:14 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by t260z:
You know if you look at AC2 when Ezio gets hit by that rock...which he had a while to duck out from...it hits him on the left side, but the cut is on the right side, always looked so weird when looking at it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
could be that the hit made his teeth puncture his lip.

ThaWhistle
07-18-2011, 08:21 PM
not in a cut like how he got, but where is the blood after he gets hit? on the right side, where is the scar? on the right, where the rock in the animation hits him or appears to hit him is entirely irrelevent.

people take some stuff that they see way to seriously. Im suprised noone has ever mentioned the glitch where Altair bobs up and down in the Assassins Bureau. Clearly he most have bad knees or ankles, or the ground underneath the bureaus is unstable. Maybe there are temples, or they are ACTUALLY ON THE CHESTS OF THOSE WHO CAME BEFORE. IT IS THEM BREATHING!!!! ZOMGLOLBBQSAUCEWTFSTDS!