PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed for Windows(I'm scared)

StabLicker
07-11-2007, 04:53 PM
I am very souped for AC coming up it truly looks like it's gonna push interactivity to the edge, but Ubisoft is making it and they don't seem to have a separate team working on the PC version(I can't confirm this to be true.)

This really frightens me because for the past year Ubi's PC games have been an absolute joke. Unoptimized, unfinished, piss poor ports that Ubisoft dishes out to shut up PC gamers.

Does anyone else feel the same way I do? Even my latest upgrade to an 8800GTS ran Vegas and Double Agent at a lousy 25fps.

But on the other hand Ubi Montreal also released Chaos Theory on the PC which was very very very awesome.

StabLicker
07-11-2007, 04:53 PM
I am very souped for AC coming up it truly looks like it's gonna push interactivity to the edge, but Ubisoft is making it and they don't seem to have a separate team working on the PC version(I can't confirm this to be true.)

This really frightens me because for the past year Ubi's PC games have been an absolute joke. Unoptimized, unfinished, piss poor ports that Ubisoft dishes out to shut up PC gamers.

Does anyone else feel the same way I do? Even my latest upgrade to an 8800GTS ran Vegas and Double Agent at a lousy 25fps.

But on the other hand Ubi Montreal also released Chaos Theory on the PC which was very very very awesome.

GPNM
07-11-2007, 05:06 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by StabLicker:

But on the other hand Ubi Montreal also released Chaos Theory on the PC which was very very very awesome. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well...laptops aren't the best for gaming.

I'm just hoping that they have a seperate team working on the PC version, or if they don't, that they at least port the XBOX 360 version since it's closer to the PC.

Lhorkan
07-11-2007, 05:14 PM
I fear that the PC version will still have very console-like controls, as the PoP games did. That won't stop me from getting the game though. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

GPNM
07-11-2007, 05:25 PM
That's what gamepads are for, silly http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

StabLicker
07-11-2007, 05:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GPNM:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by StabLicker:

But on the other hand Ubi Montreal also released Chaos Theory on the PC which was very very very awesome. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm just hoping that they have a seperate team working on the PC version, or if they don't, that they at least port the XBOX 360 version since it's closer to the PC. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Laptops? What are you talking about?

Anyways can anyone confirm wether or not they are there is a separate team working on the PC version, because if there isn't I can rightfully say the PC version will be dog****.

GPNM
07-11-2007, 05:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GPNM:

I'm just hoping that they have a seperate team working on the PC version, or if they don't, that they at least port the XBOX 360 version since it's closer to the PC. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Anyways can anyone confirm wether or not they are there is a separate team working on the PC version, because if there isn't I can rightfully say the PC version will be dog****. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

"Does anyone else feel the same way I do? Even my latest upgrade to an 8800GTS ran Vegas and Double Agent at a lousy 25fps."

That's what I was referring to when I mentioned laptops.

I don't think anyone really knows if they have 3 separate dev teams for each system or not.

StabLicker
07-11-2007, 05:37 PM
I'm not on a laptop buddy. And I didn't buy a 24'' monitor with a dual core processor and an 8800gts to run it at 1024*768 to get a playable framerate.

That's like buying a Corvette and putting a Honda engine in it.

moqqy
07-11-2007, 05:39 PM

Anyways can anyone confirm wether or not they are there is a separate team working on the PC version, because if there isn't I can rightfully say the PC version will be dog****. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

"Does anyone else feel the same way I do? Even my latest upgrade to an 8800GTS ran Vegas and Double Agent at a lousy 25fps."

That's what I was referring to when I mentioned laptops.

I don't think anyone really knows if they have 3 separate dev teams for each system or not. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I do remember them saying they have seperate team for the PC version, just like they have a seperate team for XBOX360 and PS3 versions

GPNM
07-11-2007, 05:40 PM
I'm not on a laptop buddy. And I didn't buy a 24'' monitor with a dual core processor and an 8800gts to run it at 1024*768 to get a playable framerate.

That's like buying a Corvette and putting a Honda engine in it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Oh wow...I don't know...I could've sworn I saw something about laptops...damn...all this waiting for AC is getting to me.

Well, since you do have a 8800GTS, that might be the issue. Those ultra-high end cards sometimes have trouble because games aren't well optimized for them.