PDA

View Full Version : Can't fly in the cockpit of the bombers

VonTonar
02-09-2006, 03:19 PM
I wanted to fly a bomber in online play, but it would only allow me an external view. Is it not possible on the original IL-2? or am I missing something simple. I just wanted to bomb the apposing airfield for the fun of it.

VonTonar
02-09-2006, 03:19 PM
I wanted to fly a bomber in online play, but it would only allow me an external view. Is it not possible on the original IL-2? or am I missing something simple. I just wanted to bomb the apposing airfield for the fun of it.

Chuck_Older
02-09-2006, 03:25 PM
What version of the original Il-2 are you playing? Which bomber gave you the trouble?

rugame
02-09-2006, 03:29 PM
Of course you cant, its way to small.

Ontopic/ I think only the He111 was the only flyable bomber in the early 1l2 days

Taylortony
02-09-2006, 03:35 PM
The original IL2 did not have any cockpits for the bombers, you can fly some of them on AI missions if they are being run online, but this is only externally this is becasuse the AI aircraft being targets never needed cockpits. you will be able to fire some of the guns,select loads and drop bombs and control them like a normal plane though, If you have one of these missions you need first to fly a normal aircraft.......... just wiggle its controls, then refly and select the AI plane, it will now be controllable... the PE* with the 5000 KG bomb is awesome it goes off like a nuke

The later versions of the games Forgotten Battles AEP addon and Pacific Fighters all have bombers you can fly, with the latest patch the full merged version of the above 3 mentioned allow the following they are the HE111.. JU88.. Stuka ..Mosquito..ME110...Beaufighter..B25..Japanese Betty and the odd one i might of forgot like the ME262 and the twin lightning etc

Skycat_2
02-09-2006, 05:55 PM
In "IL-2 Sturmovik" a version of the Stuka was made flyable in a patch. The other bombers remained AI.

Troll2k
02-10-2006, 01:52 AM
I can not remember if the TB3 was in the original IL2.

fluke39
02-10-2006, 03:32 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Skycat_2:
In "IL-2 Sturmovik" a version of the Stuka was made flyable in a patch. The other bombers remained AI. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Correct - other than il2 (if u call it a bomber) stuka (B-2 version?) was only flyable bomber before FB was released

like tony says some servers allow you to fly normally ai only planes online - and therefore there is no cockpit - there was some discussoin on allowing the first person - no cockpit view to be used (wonder woman view) when flying ai planes online but it doesnt look like this will happen.

VonTonar
02-10-2006, 12:41 PM
Thanks guys, I figured as much. I am running the original with the 1.2 patch. I am looking into getting the upgrade to FB and beyond, since I have become addicted, I also want a nicer joystick. the Logitech I am using al of a sudden in the middle of the game only inputs 50% right roll and 50% right rudder. Pissing me off. Thanks for the info, now I need to hone some skills so I can last online a little while. I did get my first kill last week. so I am 1 for 20. I blame the time compression in offline play. I must resist.

tagTaken2
02-10-2006, 12:52 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VonTonar:
the Logitech I am using al of a sudden in the middle of the game only inputs 50% right roll and 50% right rudder.

I did get my first kill last week. so I am 1 for 20. I blame the time compression in offline play. I must resist. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd blame your joystick http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Joystick is *very* important. S******ing aside, look around, and spend as much as you can't afford. I've wasted considerable time on rubbish sticks... it's amazing how much better you get when you get your hands on a decent stick.

FYI, Trol2K, TB3 was not in original Il-2.

VonTonar
02-10-2006, 01:12 PM
I guess I should search the forum. but I'll ask anyway. Any suggestions on a good stick?

Taylortony
02-10-2006, 02:46 PM
X45 or X52 are good as have seperate throttle units and are not to expensive....... x45 discontinued now but still available in places, both made by Saitek mine is going strong after 3 years plus of hard use http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

do a google search for them to get a look, depends what you want to pay.......... there are cheaper single units that perform well too http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

VonTonar
02-13-2006, 01:33 PM
Thanks, There is plenty of info on the thread, lets hope what I do choose will be better than what I got. Hopefully under $100