PDA

View Full Version : AC Revelations, too easy?

kosmoscreed
06-19-2011, 01:23 AM
We all know that the combat system in AC it's just there to make the player think he is awesome, so it's not the most challenging thing in the world, but now with bombs, and the assassins throwing arrows or killing targets for you, can we expect the combat in the game to be too easy?.

kosmoscreed
06-19-2011, 01:23 AM
We all know that the combat system in AC it's just there to make the player think he is awesome, so it's not the most challenging thing in the world, but now with bombs, and the assassins throwing arrows or killing targets for you, can we expect the combat in the game to be too easy?.

davo1270
06-19-2011, 01:30 AM
I hope that they take out the killstreak thing and I wish (although its official) that they would take out the assassin recruits. I want to feel like a lone assassin, a sneaky one without the need of help from allies.

imo, the combat for AC2 was the best outta all of them so far

reini03
06-19-2011, 01:30 AM
Come on... there're so many threads about that topic... why do people keep creating new ones?

Stowdace
06-19-2011, 01:41 AM
As Ezio gets older, he too gets wiser and stronger. The game being "easier" may reflect that.

Rakudaton
06-19-2011, 02:44 AM
Wait, your assassins can throw arrows? What??

Stowdace
06-19-2011, 02:48 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rakudaton:
Wait, your assassins can throw arrows? What?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm sure he is talking about Arrow Storm ability your recruits can do.

kosmoscreed
06-19-2011, 04:07 AM
Yeah, that's what I meant.

I can accept the explanation of the game being easy from the story point of view (Ezio is stronger...), but from the gameplay point of view, I don't think is acceptable.

Noble6
06-19-2011, 04:21 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kosmoscreed:
Yeah, that's what I meant.

I can accept the explanation of the game being easy from the story point of view (Ezio is stronger...), but from the gameplay point of view, I don't think is acceptable. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Agreed. That's the biggest weakness in the game at the moment and it's just sad that some fans say that people should stop complaining.

Assassin_M
06-19-2011, 04:26 AM
you can choose to use the recruits as well as the smoke bombs you r not obliged to summon them, i mean why remove a perfectely good feature while you can choose not to use it.

Sangine12
06-19-2011, 04:39 AM
The kill streaks did make it too easy and kind of killed the experience for me, BUT they were awesome in the VR combat training. Ive spent countless of hours in that thing and it is a real challenge to get to 115 kills in flawless hidden blade, Im at 96 http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

Noble6
06-19-2011, 04:47 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Assassin_M:
you can choose to use the recruits as well as the smoke bombs you r not obliged to summon them, i mean why remove a perfectely good feature while you can choose not to use it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah but just that I know I can use them kind of spoils the fun and its a big temptation to use them. Maybe that's just me.

TheSpectator
06-19-2011, 05:18 AM
I just wish the AI would get an upgrade so at least the guards would attempt to attack Ezio's weaknesses when confronted with multiple opponents.

Shababa2011
06-19-2011, 07:28 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TheSpectator:
I just wish the AI would get an upgrade so at least the guards would attempt to attack Ezio's weaknesses when confronted with multiple opponents. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what weaknesses?
only upgrade they need is to be raised an difficulty or 2 from ******ed-mode. and then im happy.

sassinscreed
06-19-2011, 08:02 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kosmoscreed:
We all know that the combat system in AC it's just there to make the player think he is awesome, so it's not the most challenging thing in the world, but now with bombs, and the assassins throwing arrows or killing targets for you, can we expect the combat in the game to be too easy?. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you will see when game comes out

Sporkfighter
06-19-2011, 08:33 AM
If you think those features make your game a lot easier (not that I don't agree) and want more of a challenge then don't use them. I would like the AI to get progressively harder throughout the game which does mean just turning up the difficulty slightly because yes there are the idiot guards most of the time but there are those situations you can get into where you are just yelling **** **** ****. At the same time though you can play countering most of the time or doing chains most of the time or using the recruits most of the time or mix and match. Freerunning and fighting groups of guards in quick and awesome fights isn't a bad thing during the story line at all really though the game does feel less fun after you have completed everything. Also, from what I have heard the assassin recruiting system is a lot better and slightly different in Revelations compared to Brotherhood. Plus we will have AC3 coming out a year or two after Revelations and it will probably take us back to more of the solo stuff that we saw in AC2 which was more difficult.

Mr_Shade
06-19-2011, 08:50 AM
And...

just remember that the only gameplay footage we have seen - is the E3 stage demo..

Not taking anything away for the person playing it, sometimes they do dumb down the AI or improve the players hit stats or health.

This is so they don't die on stage and ruin the demo http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Time will tell just what the combat is like, when there are more previews of the final game http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif