PDA

View Full Version : Issues with having AC in the present day

Tantalus227
01-09-2010, 12:52 PM
Since completing AC2 I've been thinking a fair bit about the next game and how exactly Ubisoft are going to work it. I can think of a number of things which just wouldn't work or be logical in the game in present day. Take for instance view points:

As you all know in AC1 & AC2 we would take the character to the top of a tall building, syncronise and then leap of faith to the bottom. Ok, I can buy that for the times which it is based but in the present day I can't see Desmond doing that, I mean, it wouldn't make sense. In reality one would use recon planes/GPS to navigate his way rather than this method so in my mind this aspect (which I consider an important aspect) could not be transferred over.

Also weapons. I was somewhat dumbfounded to find at the end of AC2 how you are fighting with the hidden blade and Vidic's men are using these strange sticks. Surely in reality they would be using guns or tazers or something similar. I still think the hidden blade could be transferred to modern day but the sword style fighting... I'm not so sure. I would think a present day assassin would be using silenced pistols and/or sniper rifles etc. This, to me, would bring the game into a different genre, which although I have no problem with can you imagine that in AC? I can't. Plus Desmond would have to go through training to do all that too.

Now please, do not think I am ****ging off AC, far from it. I love these games, AC1 was the console selling game for me and thus far I have completed AC2 5 times... I can't get enough of it. I just can't see how it would work in modern day. I'm just concerned that it could turn into something which makes the game well, almost stupid really.

What do you guy's think? I just can't see how they are going to work it. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Tantalus227
01-09-2010, 12:52 PM
Since completing AC2 I've been thinking a fair bit about the next game and how exactly Ubisoft are going to work it. I can think of a number of things which just wouldn't work or be logical in the game in present day. Take for instance view points:

As you all know in AC1 & AC2 we would take the character to the top of a tall building, syncronise and then leap of faith to the bottom. Ok, I can buy that for the times which it is based but in the present day I can't see Desmond doing that, I mean, it wouldn't make sense. In reality one would use recon planes/GPS to navigate his way rather than this method so in my mind this aspect (which I consider an important aspect) could not be transferred over.

Also weapons. I was somewhat dumbfounded to find at the end of AC2 how you are fighting with the hidden blade and Vidic's men are using these strange sticks. Surely in reality they would be using guns or tazers or something similar. I still think the hidden blade could be transferred to modern day but the sword style fighting... I'm not so sure. I would think a present day assassin would be using silenced pistols and/or sniper rifles etc. This, to me, would bring the game into a different genre, which although I have no problem with can you imagine that in AC? I can't. Plus Desmond would have to go through training to do all that too.

Now please, do not think I am ****ging off AC, far from it. I love these games, AC1 was the console selling game for me and thus far I have completed AC2 5 times... I can't get enough of it. I just can't see how it would work in modern day. I'm just concerned that it could turn into something which makes the game well, almost stupid really.

What do you guy's think? I just can't see how they are going to work it. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

alorne
01-09-2010, 02:26 PM
There is already a huge thread about this, I think its titled AC3 and beyond

BeckettMiyamoto
01-09-2010, 02:29 PM
The "wierd sticks" as you cal them are called stun batons. Their nightsticks with tazers at the end. They're either stun batons or just ordinary night sticks.