PDA

View Full Version : PW works on hyperlobby, IL2-aep-pf v3.04M dosn't.

Pogo_P
06-07-2005, 07:08 AM
I can access PF game servers in rooms that run game room servers at hyperlobby ok, but I get server timeouts when trying to access game room servers for IL2-AEP-PF V3.04M. I am using XP with service pack 2, all firewalls off, and am 1 of 3 computers using 1 cable access behind a network cable adapter or splitter.....does hyperlobby treat IL2FB-AEP-PF V3.04M different from PF standalone? Is there a fix? Anybody else have this problem? IL2FB room at hyperlobby
seems to be where all the players are.

Pogo_P
06-07-2005, 07:08 AM
I can access PF game servers in rooms that run game room servers at hyperlobby ok, but I get server timeouts when trying to access game room servers for IL2-AEP-PF V3.04M. I am using XP with service pack 2, all firewalls off, and am 1 of 3 computers using 1 cable access behind a network cable adapter or splitter.....does hyperlobby treat IL2FB-AEP-PF V3.04M different from PF standalone? Is there a fix? Anybody else have this problem? IL2FB room at hyperlobby
seems to be where all the players are.

Cajun76
06-07-2005, 07:24 AM
I'm not sure if I understand....

PF and IL2:FB:Ace:PF are not compatible. If your HL account is currently set to play PF, you'll need to change the setup to play the merged, so HL knows where your game exe is.

Click on Player Lists to access Connect/Select Game. Now hit CTRL+SHIFT and left-click on the CONNECT button. This should let you reset where HL is pointing for default game.

http://hyperfighter.sk/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=1#8

This is the manual for HL. Hope this helps, good luck and

Pogo_P
06-07-2005, 03:03 PM
Sorry, I was not clear.....When I had PF standalone I had no problem playing on hyperlobby. After I uninstalled PF and made a merged LB2FB/AEP/PF v3.04M I could not play on hyperlobby, I would get a remote host server timeout after clicking on "join" in IL2FB game rooms....PF stanalone was no longer installed at this time, just FB goldpack v 3.04M with PF merged with FB. This lead me to think that hyperlobby treated PF different from IL2FB when it comes to recognizing my pc when my pc is on a network adapter with other pc's sharing one outgoing cable data line.

Bearcat99
06-07-2005, 07:20 PM
Like the Cajun said you will have to redirect HL to the new game folder. When you first go to enter HL before you hit connect press CTRL+SHIFT then hit connect. That will open the window where you can redirect HL to the correct folder to run the merged version as opposed to the standalone you had been running.

Freelancer-1
06-07-2005, 07:42 PM
When Cajun and Bearcat are saying the 'merged install' it's not very clear. When picking the game if you have 3.04M simply choose Forgotten Battles in the menu and not Pacific Fighters.

There are plenty of Pacific Theatre servers under Forgotten Battles. Seems a little weird, but it's the way you do it.

Freelancer