PDA

View Full Version : I want Fuedal Japan!!! Damn you Ubisoft!

LaMOi
05-04-2011, 12:02 PM
On a German gaming television show called PLAY'D, Ubisoft’s Philippe Bergeron mentioned a couple of possible settings for Assassin's Creed 3.

''There are two things that come to mind: There is medieval Europe, which would be very interesting trying to play a King Arthur story line. Another one that is a personal favorite of a lot of people on the floor is feudal Japan, which is something that would be very interesting just culturally to discover and I think also to make players discover as well.''

"a personal favorite of a lot of people on the floor is feudal Japan" - so why didnt you give the fans what they wants.... Man another AC game set in the freakin middle east??!! Forget that... I hate desert type settings..

I dont give a crap whether it fits any rubbish story arc... Who cares....?

You owe me Feudal Japan - IMO your game has the best combat system, a decent stealth mechanic, climbing, and superb animation... But ive always hated the setting of Rennaisance italy........

I could have got my all time dream semi realistic Feudal Japan Ninja game with Assassins Creed being based in Japan... But no...

You give us Istanbul................... What the hell????? Who wants Istanbul???!!! Not me....

LaMOi
05-04-2011, 12:02 PM
On a German gaming television show called PLAY'D, Ubisoft’s Philippe Bergeron mentioned a couple of possible settings for Assassin's Creed 3.

''There are two things that come to mind: There is medieval Europe, which would be very interesting trying to play a King Arthur story line. Another one that is a personal favorite of a lot of people on the floor is feudal Japan, which is something that would be very interesting just culturally to discover and I think also to make players discover as well.''

"a personal favorite of a lot of people on the floor is feudal Japan" - so why didnt you give the fans what they wants.... Man another AC game set in the freakin middle east??!! Forget that... I hate desert type settings..

I dont give a crap whether it fits any rubbish story arc... Who cares....?

You owe me Feudal Japan - IMO your game has the best combat system, a decent stealth mechanic, climbing, and superb animation... But ive always hated the setting of Rennaisance italy........

I could have got my all time dream semi realistic Feudal Japan Ninja game with Assassins Creed being based in Japan... But no...

You give us Istanbul................... What the hell????? Who wants Istanbul???!!! Not me....

cgdemon894
05-04-2011, 12:29 PM
Feudal Japan is fugly.

Grandmaster_Z
05-04-2011, 12:33 PM
go cry in the corner

AntiChrist7
05-04-2011, 12:34 PM
well, buy some ninja game and sod off

NuclearFuss
05-04-2011, 12:39 PM
Ha. Ubisoft aren't going to care if they lose your sale. The team make the games they want and write the scripts they want. So screw you.

rain89c
05-04-2011, 02:55 PM
I feel your frustration. I would love for it to be in China or Japan. These two countries are my top picks for AC3 setting as well.
All four games alrdy had European setting, I would find it boring to be back in the same country with not much distinction.

LadyGahan2010
05-04-2011, 03:01 PM
I haven't seen those huge numbers of fans who want Japan, honestly. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif I'm disappointed about Turkey but I won;t be raging here and complaining about tons of people who allegedly don't want it there http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

phil.llllll
05-04-2011, 04:28 PM
Give it a chance. Wherever they set it (we still don't know for sure) it very well may end up different than you think.

GunnarGunderson
05-04-2011, 05:05 PM
Hey Ubisoft, I want you to make a game with a setting that wouldn't allow any of the previously established gameplay. I want you to set the game in a flat muddy country with no towers and mud and straw huts

EnXess
05-04-2011, 06:09 PM
I want the game set in the air.

Avl521
05-04-2011, 08:05 PM
Most people in this forum HATE the idea of China and Japan.

Ubi owe you nothing.
Go cry in front of an incoming bullet. Thanks.

rain89c
05-04-2011, 08:57 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Avl521:

Ubi owe you nothing.
Go cry in front of an incoming bullet. Thanks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
AC Facebook poll revealed that Japan was voted #2.

misusel
05-05-2011, 01:29 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rain89c:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Avl521:

Ubi owe you nothing.
Go cry in front of an incoming bullet. Thanks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
AC Facebook poll revealed that Japan was voted #2. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>so what??? its totally stupid to play assassins creed as a ninja!!!go buy tengu or ninja gaiden and have fun!japan and china for fock shake..!

Bombong
05-05-2011, 01:53 AM
I agree, my favorite for the next AC would be Japan too. But I don't think it's going to happen. It's very unlikely that Desmond should have a Japanese ancestor. And it's also not very likely that the hero of the next AC is someone from the west stranded in Japan (like Blackthorne in Shogun) because he wouldn't blend very well in crowds, don't you think?

freeze131
05-05-2011, 02:03 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I agree, my favorite for the next AC would be Japan too. But I don't think it's going to happen. It's very unlikely that Desmond should have a Japanese ancestor. And it's also not very likely that the hero of the next AC is someone from the west stranded in Japan (like Blackthorne in Shogun) because he wouldn't blend very well in crowds, don't you think? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
An assassin in general SHOULDN'T blend very well, especially since everyone around you is normally dressed, and your wearing a whitw assassins garb thats sure to stand out.

Anyway, Ubisoft have deliberately taken their settings to often unused settings. The third crusades doesn't feature too often in other video games, and same with the Italian Renaissance ( Looks like the next game is going to Constantinople too)
Japan has been featured in numerous games (Ninja Gaiden the most prominent) so I wouldn't want Ubisoft to use a common setting.

Assassinsyk
05-05-2011, 03:11 AM
What the hell is wrong with you guys!? The man has more than his right to state this opinion, and you have more than your right to disagree, but donīt be brats. Constructive and with some manners is the key, ****ers.

First: If you donīt think thereīs more than enough to climb (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_castle) in feudal Japan, you need to go back to class.

Second: Both within UBI and among their fans, Japan has been a favorite, so donīt claim your opinion to be backed up by democracy.

Third: (and this goes for both OP and responders) Just because you canīt imagine it, doesnīt mean itīll suck. Anything UBI touches will be golden.

Lastly, I wouldnīt be surprised if AC3 takes place in Japan. Itīs their chance for something entirely new, both in atmosphere and weapons etc, and it seems theyīll only introduce new protagonists in a numbered game. Revelations will (probably) build upon something created, in either a "deleted scene" or prequal, and with some familiar characters or settings.

Fingers crossed for Japan in 2012, and every one of you haters will absolutely love it.

misusel
05-05-2011, 03:25 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Assassinsyk:
What the hell is wrong with you guys!? The man has more than his right to state this opinion, and you have more than your right to disagree, but donīt be brats. Constructive and with some manners is the key, ****ers.

First: If you donīt think thereīs more than enough to climb (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_castle) in feudal Japan, you need to go back to class.

Second: Both within UBI and among their fans, Japan has been a favorite, so donīt claim your opinion to be backed up by democracy.

Third: (and this goes for both OP and responders) Just because you canīt imagine it, doesnīt mean itīll suck. Anything UBI touches will be golden.

Lastly, I wouldnīt be surprised if AC3 takes place in Japan. Itīs their chance for something entirely new, both in atmosphere and weapons etc, and it seems theyīll only introduce new protagonists in a numbered game. Revelations will (probably) build upon something created, in either a "deleted scene" or prequal, and with some familiar characters or settings.

Fingers crossed for Japan in 2012, and every one of you haters will absolutely love it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>assassins creed isnt only climbing even if its pretty cool!he is an assassin, meaning an middle eastern origin, not japanese and this game is about anscestors!assassins and ninjas r different thing and the ninja thing isnt new its been in videogames from 80's with shinobi!i respect everyones opinion yes but i cant embrace it or adopt it as mine sorry and i can disagree with thoughts that r facts!

Assassinsyk
05-05-2011, 03:43 AM
Everything you said there can be fixed with one line. The middle eastern originated assassin goes to Japan to find the PoE. There, done. If Japan wasnīt possible, it wouldnīt have been on the polls.

Yes, itīs not new, but UBI will make it new. Both the combat system and the parkour is very similar to PoP, but thereīs still little to no resemblance. If you prioritize a game with a setting never before seen over a great setting, the next game can be in Sweden. Boring as hell, but hey, nobodyīs seen it in a game.

I never meant that you should adopt and agree to his opinion, in fact I said you were entitled to disagree, but to be constructive and say WHY you disagree, instead of numerous encouragements of getting bent. We are all brothers under the same UBI sun, we all want the same thing (some great games), and bashing gets you nowhere.

xsatanicjokerx
05-05-2011, 04:09 AM
I don't want to play as a <span class="ev_code_RED">***EDIT***</span> .

But like i said no offence. Not my problem if you can't handle the truth.

Assassinsyk
05-05-2011, 04:20 AM
Why are you not banned?

Hate to think what would happen if someone suggested the next game taking place in Africa. Or mexico. Or Israel. Or the Middle East.

Back on the topic-horse, and off the racial stereotype wagon?

xsatanicjokerx
05-05-2011, 04:29 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Assassinsyk:
Why are you not banned?

Hate to think what would happen if someone suggested the next game taking place in Africa. Or mexico. Or Israel. Or the Middle East.

Back on the topic-horse, and off the racial stereotype wagon? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
HAHAHA! you do no the first game was in the middle east/israel and i dont see a african/mexican assassin's creed working there are no towers to climb in africa.

Btw it was only a satanic joke http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

DavisP92
05-05-2011, 05:02 AM
hey now, idk why a lot of ppl hate japan in AC. but you have to admit if they do it and do it right, perhaps have not Assassin's=ninjas but instead have it like ninjas=samurai and then the Templars have infiltrated both groups and the assassin has to kill all three (samuria, ninja and templar). I'm not saying they kill everyone but the templars spies in the other groups. That story would be long and if they made it interesting would be as good as AC2, maybe better.

Assassinsyk
05-05-2011, 06:41 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xsatanicjokerx:
Why are you not banned?

Back on the topic-horse, and off the racial stereotype wagon? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
HAHAHA! you do no the first game was in the middle east/israel and i dont see a african/mexican assassin's creed working there are no towers to climb in africa

Btw it was only a satanic joke http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, I "no" very well where the games took place. I was being sarcastic.

Donīt really care if it was a joke (and donīt understand how it was satanic), it was way over the line. If I were Asian Iīd be ****ed, instead of just annoyed, by your view of the world and your need to post it in public.

I like the occasional political incorrectness, but show some damn respect.

ScreaminEagle
05-05-2011, 06:52 AM
This is not ACIII, but the second spin off, then we have the hope that ACIII will be set in Feudal Japan or revolutionary France.
In the meantime you can play TenchuZ or Shogun 2 Total war http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Cpt_Yanni
05-05-2011, 06:58 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rain89c:
I feel your frustration. I would love for it to be in China or Japan. These two countries are my top picks for AC3 setting as well.
All four games alrdy had European setting, I would find it boring to be back in the same country with not much distinction. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Damascus, Jerusalem and Acre aren't situated in Europe... Didn't you follow geography?

Grandmaster_Z
05-05-2011, 07:06 AM
there are quite a few other games set it japan. AC was the first or second to be set in the middle east and renaisance so i like what they are doing. stfu about the japan already

Pattington_Bear
05-05-2011, 07:52 AM
I've heard this statement, again and again, Assassin's creed in japan simply does not work. You may like the idea of an honourable ninja... but history proves that ninja's didn't fight for honour or to even better the lives of others, but instead for greed, wealth and coin, which is only one factor that completely destroys the plot of the AC series.

Japan is covered in plenty other games, I personally buy Assassins Creed because of it's potential to be completely original.

For those saying that it is a possible location for AC3 (not revelations) you are wrong no evidence has yet been brought forward to prove this point, most likely France or even New york.

But everyone has an opinion.

BTOG46
05-05-2011, 08:14 AM
Speculation about future settings and story lines for the game belong in the Assassin's Creed 3 (and beyond) #2.0 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/6831010868) thread.