PDA

View Full Version : Lost 10,0000f and kinda PO!!

Pixel-slayer
12-01-2009, 05:31 PM
Ok, i find this somewhat annoying i left my xobx on to eat dinner and aparently my controller fell and the start screen turned off going to the game.

When i re turn i find im missing 100000f i only got 5000 of it back when i found out that theives through out the hour stole all my freakin money.

luckily my friend managed to recover the rest of my money. What im trying to say is does anyone else find the theives annoying.

Pixel-slayer
12-01-2009, 05:31 PM
Ok, i find this somewhat annoying i left my xobx on to eat dinner and aparently my controller fell and the start screen turned off going to the game.

When i re turn i find im missing 100000f i only got 5000 of it back when i found out that theives through out the hour stole all my freakin money.

luckily my friend managed to recover the rest of my money. What im trying to say is does anyone else find the theives annoying.

An_Idea
12-01-2009, 05:33 PM
i find that hard to believe, the pickpockets take about either 30 or 100f a pass, and there really arent that many of them

and to answer your question, no because i finished the game, now i just hunt down the pickpockets if i really wanna waste my time

wwfls1
12-01-2009, 05:50 PM
um pickpocketers whos up constantly for me but you know what kinda unrealistic. They never bumb into you to steal ur cash they just show up on the map?

Stonelaw
12-01-2009, 06:17 PM
Pickpockets can take very large sums of money from Ezio. It appears to be based on the amount you currently have. I've had 25,000f stolen from me in a single shot during the post-credits play.

Altaio
12-01-2009, 06:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sevael:
Pickpockets can take very large sums of money from Ezio. It appears to be based on the amount you currently have. I've had 25,000f stolen from me in a single shot during the post-credits play. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, it's not an extremely common thing, but pickpockets do show up and slam into you. For me it's been more when I've stood still for a little bit; they run up, take my florins and I'm left sprawling on the ground. Though now after completing the game I have so much cash piled up (and I can't do anything with it) that I don't even bother chasing after them.

Assassinating the Borgia couriers is fun, though.

TooLazy4Name
12-01-2009, 06:41 PM
I currently have 350000 florens, and the pickpockets usually steal 9k from me. course, i usually just turn around and they see ive spotted them and run away.

wwfls1
12-01-2009, 07:07 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tolazy4name1:
I currently have 350000 florens, and the pickpockets usually steal 9k from me. course, i usually just turn around and they see ive spotted them and run away. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pfft i have over 1mill and 100thousand cuz i get 15k in my villa every 20min its nice but i cant do anything with money

An_Idea
12-01-2009, 07:27 PM
no one cares how much you have?

oh thats weird about the pickpockets taking more money, they only take about 100 florins from me, no matter how much money i have

obliviondoll
12-01-2009, 08:09 PM
They're taking between 20,000 and 25,000 from me too. Is there a difference from PS3 to 360? I'm on PS3, if it helps.

And if Ezio's facing away from them, they're more likely to run into him to steal his money.

Personally, I find them an entertaining diversion. I've only had one who actually caused problems during a mission - and he got stabbed soon after.

Grandmaster_Z
12-01-2009, 08:31 PM
you quickly get to a point where you don't need money at all. i hope the DLC adds new things to buy/waste your money on because i have so much and nothing to do with it

OSnailsO
12-01-2009, 08:55 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by obliviondoll:
They're taking between 20,000 and 25,000 from me too. Is there a difference from PS3 to 360? I'm on PS3, if it helps.

And if Ezio's facing away from them, they're more likely to run into him to steal his money.

Personally, I find them an entertaining diversion. I've only had one who actually caused problems during a mission - and he got stabbed soon after. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow... They aren't stealing anything from me.. I just see the thief dot and nothing is ever missing...

one_hit_KO2012
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by An_Idea:
i find that hard to believe, the pickpockets take about either 30 or 100f a pass, and there really arent that many of them

and to answer your question, no because i finished the game, now i just hunt down the pickpockets if i really wanna waste my time </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

actually if you have a gang load of money theyll take ALOT more than 30-100. i like chasing them down so i let one take some and he took 5 grand. i had over 100,000 so i didnt matter but i was surprised at how much he took

OSnailsO
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OSnailsO:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by obliviondoll:

Personally, I find them an entertaining diversion. I've only had one who actually caused problems during a mission - and he got stabbed soon after. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow... They aren't stealing anything from me.. I just see the thief dot and nothing is ever missing... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I gain money from catching thieves...

An_Idea
12-01-2009, 09:04 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Grandmaster_Z:
you quickly get to a point where you don't need money at all. i hope the DLC adds new things to buy/waste your money on because i have so much and nothing to do with it </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

true that, i only collect from my villa because its just annoying to see villa safe is FULL, go collect

Edengoth
12-01-2009, 11:08 PM
Is there a way to tell you've been pickpocketed without the symbol that pops up on the minimap (or phsyically seeing the white arrow and a guy doing parkour)? I mean, half the time I encounter a pickpocket, nobody's so much as brushed past Ezio. There's just some guy a bit ahead of me climbing on crates.
I'll quote Desmond here.
"How would I even [pickpocket him]? Tele[kinesis]? Come on!" http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif Ok, not a direct quote, but yeah.

HewieAlbino
12-01-2009, 11:14 PM
Usually those that suddenly appear on map are random pickpockets that just snatched someone else's purse. I think...

When you get pickpocketed, Ezio will get knocked over and a text box will appear saying "You've been pickpocketed. Catch the thief." Or something like that. Only happened once to me and he took 1500 florins. Maybe it's random.

Stonelaw
12-01-2009, 11:53 PM
Yes, you will see a floating box over Ezio showing how many florines were just taken away, exactly the same as if you had spent money on a bribe or whatnot.

Redfeather1975
12-02-2009, 01:02 AM
Has anyone encountered a pickpocket who is super fast.

I met him on the eastern most district in Venice.
I spent 5 minutes trying to catch up to him. I gave up. He is insanely fast. Not like the other thieves in the game.

This one is an uber thief or something.

thebutcherhead
12-02-2009, 04:32 AM
Yeah, I usually don't worry about it. With all the upgrades to the Villa Auditore you get like 58,000 per 20 min. Usually by that point you've already purchased all the equipment and items in the game.

bladencrowd
12-02-2009, 04:46 AM
A throwing knife gives you their money without having to chase them. Personally, I prefer a bullet.

caswallawn_2k7
12-02-2009, 06:01 AM
I've never actually been pick pocketed, I always spot them and they just run off. they do give better money than the courier tho, as off it I only get about 1-2k and makes all the guards come for you were the pick pockets don't affect your notoriety and give about 500 each and they are generally easier to find and catch.

cowardsaresmart
12-02-2009, 08:16 AM
I don't even know what you guys are talking about. I've played for like 20 hours now and I've never lost a coin by being pickpocketed.

caswallawn_2k7
12-02-2009, 08:21 AM
have you ever seen the pick pocket running round (he is one of the few normal people who will climb and run on roof tops) if he can sneak up behind you he takes money from you. you often see him if you turn round and a person a slight distance off stops then runs away from you.

nitres15
12-02-2009, 11:39 AM
sum one took 15000 but i have over 1000.000 so thats not much

TooLazy4Name
12-02-2009, 04:14 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Edengoth:
Is there a way to tell you've been pickpocketed without the symbol that pops up on the minimap (or phsyically seeing the white arrow and a guy doing parkour)? I mean, half the time I encounter a pickpocket, nobody's so much as brushed past Ezio. There's just some guy a bit ahead of me climbing on crates.
I'll quote Desmond here.
"How would I even [pickpocket him]? Tele[kinesis]? Come on!" http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif Ok, not a direct quote, but yeah. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If he's up there and he didnt even touch ezio, he didnt do anything because you spotted him before he got to you. if he does pickpocket you, he will push you to the ground and run off.

SoloT4
12-02-2009, 04:33 PM

The camera can't be facing them either lol

Jedted
12-02-2009, 05:09 PM
I once had a pickpocket jump me right as i was looting a treasure chest which was pretty funny(wait for some dude to rob the bank and then rob them).

It's also funny when you chase a pickpocket and then the gaurds start chasing him aswell, and they don't seem to be too sypathetic when it comes to petty theft. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif