PDA

View Full Version : the application failed to initialize properly(0xc0000005)

Basics2007
12-08-2007, 11:31 AM
Does anyone know how to solve this error?

Basics2007
12-08-2007, 11:31 AM
Does anyone know how to solve this error?

marco1900
12-08-2007, 02:55 PM
could be the windows "access denied" code.
Are you administrator of your PC ?

Basics2007
12-08-2007, 03:03 PM
Yes i am...tryed many different sollutions, but still nothing. Scan viruses, scan registry, reinstall, adding program to data execution prevention and some more, but still nothing...anyway i got this log at some point Trying to get update information to D:\DOCUME~1\Basics\LOCALS~1\Temp\ubi3.tmp.
Failed to download the update information. Update service cannot continue

Basics2007
12-08-2007, 03:09 PM
Forgot to mention something. I do have a Soundblaster card and it seems that this error is associated with this from what i have read...

marco1900
12-08-2007, 04:53 PM
Have you installed on C: ?

Basics2007
12-09-2007, 02:56 AM
Windows was installed on D:\, last night after too much attempts to get that problem solved something else happened. When i restarted the computer when i reached the user login interface i have encountered another problem. I was trying to login but as soon as i was "logging in" the compuer started to log off from the only user that i have, administrator that is. So that problem goes like this : Log in-->saving settings-->log out, with nothing for me that i could do about it. This happened no matter what, so i tryed to start windows in safe mode or any other option, but the same. After this i formated and reinstalled windows , now i`m installing the game, again. Another problem that i encountered and it`s off topic is that as soon as i was booting from my brand new dvd rw at the screen saing "verifing computers hardware "(the first step after booting from dvd/cd when installing win) the computer restarted every time, i had to change the dvd-rw with my old cd-rw and the problem didn`t appear. Do u know something about this?

marco1900
12-09-2007, 04:53 AM
Some general ideas :
If everything is ok when you remove the dvd rw, you have a hardware pb with it.
Check that you have correctly set the master/slave/auto detect switch on it, permute the cables, watch out that there is a red mark on the cable that should go to the "one" marked pin of the connector.
Permute the memory bars to see if the problem evolves ( seen in "2001 space odissy")
While you remove or insert a component in your PC with one hand, use the other to touch the pc metallic frame to avoid static elec pbs.
I don't know for CM11 but the CM10 sounds didn't work when it was not installed on C:

Basics2007
12-09-2007, 06:18 AM
The hard disk is master, the dvd/cd both on slave... Bios settings auto.
Now the game is installed on D:\ , it`s working, however after i move a little freeze is going on the game....dunno why it`s like 1 sec or so.

marco1900
12-09-2007, 08:20 AM
It may be normal or simulated CM thinking time.
If it really bothers you, you are likely experiencing the old good "freezing bug" that Ubi has never solved.
In this case, any change in the scheduling of the game can correct it or make it worse.
You can change the priority of the engine in the game, lower the priority of theking.exe in the task manager, put its execution on the same cpu than game.exe, if you have a multi-pro. If you have an option in your BIOS that can change your video perf, try it.
If you are really desperate, you cant try the patched version of CM10 theking.exe I made, that you can find somewhere in the CM10 Faqs on this forum (no idea if it can work, though).
Anyway, give the result of your tries, so that CM22 users could have at leat a solution to this problem.