PDA

View Full Version : The Father of Understanding (No ACR Spoilers)

roostersrule2
11-15-2011, 04:01 AM
I was reading the encyclopedia when it's said that Cain from the bible may have started the Templar order and I thought maybe that he was Father of Understanding. This might have been pointed out before but I couldn't find it. So has this been proved or do I need to wait until I finish ACR until I know.

roostersrule2
11-15-2011, 04:01 AM
I was reading the encyclopedia when it's said that Cain from the bible may have started the Templar order and I thought maybe that he was Father of Understanding. This might have been pointed out before but I couldn't find it. So has this been proved or do I need to wait until I finish ACR until I know.

DeSabellis
11-15-2011, 06:17 AM
Maybe the multiplayer portion because of the storyline.

I always thought that the mark that Desmond and his ancestors had on their lip (the exact same gash), that it was the 'mark of cain'. Remember in the bible when it said 'God' gave Cain a mark, but it never really told us what it was?

scope2005
11-15-2011, 08:01 AM
A very interesting subject, I hope it is touched upon in AC:R http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

In AC2 Glyph puzzle "Brothers" - it suggests that Cain was the first templar - and that the mark of Cain is the templar/maltese cross.

It states something along the lines that "The Serpent" (i.e the Devil), persuaded Cain to kill his brother "Abel", and take the Apple from him - to become the master of secrets (or Master Mahan as the Mormon bible states).

Now this may not be just a legend in the AC universe as we know that the story of Adam and Eve IS TRUE in the sense that they lived in "Eden" (the city of the first civilisation) - and stole the Apple from TWCB - giving them knowlege and apparently giving humans self-awareness and the technology to fight a war with TWCB.

My Theory is that "The Father of Understanding" (TFOU henceforth), is in fact "The Serpent"/"The Devil"...

As Gods in the AC Universe are actually from the first Civilisation - my theory is that "The Serpent"/"lucifer" was a Rogue member of "Those who came before" - and Could be some sort of Deity/Idol for the Templars.

In reality, the Templars were disbanded when they were accused of Worshipping a false Idol known as "The Baphomet", said to be either a demon or some sort of demonic relic. In the AC universe "Baphomet", could well be a facet of The Serpent. And another point why this theory about "TFOU" could be correct.

Just a theory however, what motives a God/TWCB would have to help the humans break free of thier masters and creators... I don't know.

EDIT: I was thinking - "The Father of Understanding", may not be a being at all - but a Cryptic reference to "Knowledge". Knowledge grants understanding to anyone who possesses it. Afterall, The apple in the biblical sense granted Adam and Eve forbidden knowledge. The apple in the AC Universe is not only a powerfull mind control tool, and an all knowing "magic 8 ball". But a catalogue of advanced blueprints and schematics - and can teach Knowledge possessed by TWCB.

The Templars Motto could very well be translated as "May knowledge guide us/ our decisions."

Krayus Korianis
11-15-2011, 09:49 AM
The mark of Cain is a cross on his forehead... Thus the Templars rally behind a cross.