PDA

View Full Version : How to open the bomb bay of the A20

WildeSau1975
04-11-2007, 05:26 AM
Hi all,

I have a question regarding the A20.

I have noticed that the bomb bay didn't open before you actually hit the "release bombs" button. I don't think that this was the way this worked in reality - would have taken too long time in my opinion.

Is there a way to open the bomb bay before actually letting the bombs go and if yes, is it really faster in the game or would it just be a "visual effect" in the game?

Thanks to all.

Michael the WildeSau

WildeSau1975
04-11-2007, 05:26 AM
Hi all,

I have a question regarding the A20.

I have noticed that the bomb bay didn't open before you actually hit the "release bombs" button. I don't think that this was the way this worked in reality - would have taken too long time in my opinion.

Is there a way to open the bomb bay before actually letting the bombs go and if yes, is it really faster in the game or would it just be a "visual effect" in the game?

Thanks to all.

Michael the WildeSau

claypidgon
04-11-2007, 05:46 AM
There is no way that I know of,its automatic..

Zeus-cat
04-11-2007, 04:14 PM
The player can not open or close the bomb bay doors on any aircraft in the game. It was never modelled by the game developers.

WildeSau1975
04-12-2007, 12:15 AM
Hi guys,

Thank you for your answers. It's a pity that it's not modelled but as long as the bomb bay opening is not slowing down the bomb release it's not that bad.

All the best,

Michael the WildeSau

stansdds
04-12-2007, 04:03 AM
Manually opening the bomb bay would add a bit of realism to the sim and also make screen shots more interesting.

Scorpion.233
04-12-2007, 06:01 AM
The AI is able to do it aren't they?

FrenziedAU
04-12-2007, 07:34 AM
The AI seems to open the bomb bay doors when they start their attack run.

CzechTexan
04-13-2007, 09:42 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FrenziedAU:
The AI seems to open the bomb bay doors when they start their attack run. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, AI B-25s will open their bays at the start of their bomb run. I did a test where I let the autopilot fly a B-25 until it opened the bays but once I turned off the autopilot the bays closed.