PDA

View Full Version : Different flying times

Riggsie15
12-04-2005, 11:38 PM
I know people want to see different weather types but how about more varierty in the flying times. Instead of just day flights can we see more dawn and dusk settings. Can the map change with the time. Say you take off at dawn when you return to base its a clear day. You take off in the afternoon but when you return its more like evening. At leats in BOB i would like to see more dawn and dusk flights than what is in PF.

Thanks

Riggsie15
12-04-2005, 11:38 PM
I know people want to see different weather types but how about more varierty in the flying times. Instead of just day flights can we see more dawn and dusk settings. Can the map change with the time. Say you take off at dawn when you return to base its a clear day. You take off in the afternoon but when you return its more like evening. At leats in BOB i would like to see more dawn and dusk flights than what is in PF.

Thanks

ColoradoBBQ
12-05-2005, 12:12 AM
Oleg stated that he will include a dynamic weather system into BOB.

joeap
12-05-2005, 02:16 AM
I don't get this thread?? We already can have dusk or dawn flights in the game. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Troll2k
12-06-2005, 03:19 AM
Dedicated servers can have real time.However what happens it that a lot of people do not like to play in the dark.So half the time the server is in night and no one is in it.

I have been in DF maps(non dedicated) where the time is in real time and the server usually empties after the sun goes down.

joeap
12-06-2005, 03:34 AM
Well, nothing to do with the sim then as such. The original poster was really asking more about changing weather than time.

Troll2k
12-06-2005, 01:00 PM
The original poster's topic heading was "Different flying times."

Then in his post he asks "how about more varierty in the flying times."

Sounds like he is asking about time to me.

SlickStick
12-06-2005, 01:05 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I know people want to see different weather types but how about more varierty in the flying times. Instead of just day flights can we see more dawn and dusk settings. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As Troll2k pointed out, the original poster is asking about why there aren't more servers with dawn and dusk time maps. And also as Troll2k pointed out, most people do not like to fly after the sun goes down. I've noticed that as well on real time maps. Once night hits, all you can hear on the server is the crickets chirping. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

My main thinking on that one is because we do not have night fighters and how many non-night fighting aircraft flew missions at night?!?

danjama
12-06-2005, 01:32 PM
Night is really hard to see and so you get bored looking for fights. Its pretty simple. Dusk/dawn is nice, but id rather have a full daytime map with rain and overcast.

money_money
12-06-2005, 01:43 PM
I saw somewhere, cant remember where, maybe som1 will know. But you could have a script running, or something, to excelerate time so flying for 1 hour would be like 4 hours or something like that, so you could take of in the middle of the day and land at night.

&lt;3 $

Low_Flyer_MkII
12-06-2005, 01:47 PM
5:15. Now, apart from being the title of a d@mned fine Who track, is also my favourite setting for QMB Smolensk map. Lovely looking sky with few clouds thrown in for good measure.

Monguse
12-06-2005, 02:01 PM
-

jds1978
12-06-2005, 02:35 PM
when using QMB i almost always fly from 0445-0715 or from 1700-1845.

Dawn or Dusk patrols are the best

Tully__
12-06-2005, 06:10 PM
Lots of dusk & dawn missions in coops....

plumps_
12-06-2005, 06:59 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SlickStick:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I know people want to see different weather types but how about more varierty in the flying times. Instead of just day flights can we see more dawn and dusk settings. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As Troll2k pointed out, the original poster is asking about why there aren't more servers with dawn and dusk time maps. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It's not obvious at all that he's asking about online play. I'm quite sure that he's an offline player who complains about lack of variation in start times of DGen missions. See his other post about air intensity (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/26310365/m/6201084383/r/6201084383#6201084383).