PDA

View Full Version : IL2 Stuttering Issues

aku_djinn
05-25-2004, 07:28 AM
I bought IL2 when it came out and spent the next several months trying to get it to run properly on my 1.4 PC. The whole episode was one patch after another that never fully worked. I am thrilled they are taking on the Pacific theater. I hope they make the sim playable without going through all that again. I just bring this up as a hope and a reminder the pains many folks went through with IL2. It still remains mostly unplayed b/c I got so fed up with it. I hope this is playable from the box as it should be.

aku_djinn
05-25-2004, 07:28 AM
I bought IL2 when it came out and spent the next several months trying to get it to run properly on my 1.4 PC. The whole episode was one patch after another that never fully worked. I am thrilled they are taking on the Pacific theater. I hope they make the sim playable without going through all that again. I just bring this up as a hope and a reminder the pains many folks went through with IL2. It still remains mostly unplayed b/c I got so fed up with it. I hope this is playable from the box as it should be.

tigerroach
05-25-2004, 08:15 AM
My guess is it will run fine from the box - provided you have a fairly up-to-date rig to run it on. Not to be cynical but any worthwhile sim is going to be demanding on the system. IL2fb/aec runs like a champ on my (new) rig and no tinkering was required at all.