PDA

View Full Version : Help needed for cave (SPOILER ALERT)

Prinssens
11-20-2003, 02:15 PM
I gathered some bugs/fire flies and want to take them to the cave. But when I cross the water the bugs leave me. What do I do wrong?

Prinssens
11-20-2003, 02:15 PM
I gathered some bugs/fire flies and want to take them to the cave. But when I cross the water the bugs leave me. What do I do wrong?

jbhypno
11-20-2003, 02:17 PM
Look around for something to walk on.

http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

JBhypno

Beta Tester
Guild of Greeters
Alien from beyond innerspace

Prinssens
11-20-2003, 02:28 PM
We even tried to surf the fish... We only manage to cross the bone from the wrong side and even if that would work from the RIGHT side, I still have this little piece of water just before the entry of the cave. I have no idea, I find this game is much more difficult than Myst, RiVen and Exile. So I humble ask you for a bit BIGGER hint?

jbhypno
11-20-2003, 02:31 PM
Search the cave for something that moves. It is the only thing in the cave that does. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

JBhypno

Beta Tester
Guild of Greeters

Prinssens
11-20-2003, 02:34 PM
But I have only one "chair thing" and 2 waters to cross.

jbhypno
11-20-2003, 02:37 PM
You can jump once from a certain position. That will allow you to find more. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

JBhypno

Beta Tester
Guild of Greeters

Prinssens
11-20-2003, 02:48 PM
OK, thanks. We'll try to find something to jump from once. Sounds SUICIDAL.

menagerie12
11-21-2003, 06:19 AM
Problem is this... you have 1 crabtrap basket that is movable, you are allowed 1 jump, and you have 3 bodies of water to cross. There is an upper cave that you need the glow bugs for. It also has a huge pile of baskets but none of them move! Aaaaargh!

shadowcats
11-21-2003, 06:34 AM
But 2 of them do move.

*** I'm A Figment of my own Imagination ***

menagerie12
11-21-2003, 06:44 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by shadowcats:
But 2 of them do move.

*** I'm A Figment of my own Imagination ***<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You GOT to be kidding! There was only 1 crabtrap in the open lower cavern with a pile in the upper dark one just after the falls! I've kicked until feet are numb! Maybe I need new glasses or move from my laptop to the desktop!!! http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Prinssens
11-21-2003, 05:10 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by menagerie12:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by shadowcats:
But 2 of them do move.

*** I'm A Figment of my own Imagination ***<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You GOT to be kidding! There was only 1 crabtrap in the open lower cavern with a pile in the upper dark one just after the falls! I've kicked until feet are numb! Maybe I need new glasses or move from my laptop to the desktop!!! http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe it's a bug: we were in a room with four levers and you could pull them but nothing happened. After we went back and fourth to Relto it suddenly set stuff moving up and down. Nothing changed in between so I do think this could also be a bug.

Gizzmo0411
11-22-2003, 07:45 AM
Maybe there's another room with crabtraps in it?? Did you think about that?

mocaiv
11-22-2003, 02:02 PM
there is al ittle piece of water right by the cave entrance.... i do have an extra basket thing.. but theres no way in hell to carry that thing all the way up and on the edge.. it keeps falling off.. its way to big.. is there something smaller??? if you have to carry that big basket on that small cliff.. thats impossible... im not a gamer, im a puzzle solver.. grrr

kcl52
11-23-2003, 12:29 AM
hint: you have "ONE" jump on these three bodies of water. (it doesn't matter which one)

Prinssens
11-23-2003, 02:53 AM
Three bodies of water??? We come back at the place where the book lies, then you only have to cross two waters. I'm totally confused. Still haven't found a second crabtrap thing.

Prinssens
11-23-2003, 03:19 AM
Somebody mentioned a door. Does anyone wants to tell where that door is?
What is the name of this age with waterfalls and cave?

Prinssens
11-23-2003, 03:21 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jbhypno:
You can jump once from a certain position. That will allow you to find more. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

JBhypno

Beta Tester
Guild of Greeters
Alien from beyond innerspace<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

After two days we still haven't found that place were you can jump off once. Well, yeah the waterfall, but that brings me back to Relto!

Prinssens
11-23-2003, 04:32 AM
OK, I finally found it: you are allowed to jump once OVER (not from something) the water and the bugs will stay. You need the crabtrap for the other water.

Mystfr33k
12-04-2003, 05:32 PM
*Caution* Do not read if you do not want to know the purpose of the fireflies.

Trying not to start a new thread for same topic. I've managed to use the fireflies to light my way into the first cave and I have the light turned on behind the rightmost waterfall as well as a light turned on in the cave above it. I also found the room through the door where you walk through one waterfall and go around some rocks to another opening behind a waterfall to more crates. Two of them move and I've pushed them out into the water. There is another dark cave after you jump across another high and narrow waterfall. Just a simple question... do you need the fireflies again for that cave? or should I be looking for another solution? That's all... don't tell me more than that. I just want to know if it is going to be worth the effort.

"Some things are true, whether you believe them or not."

BowenTheKotoc
12-04-2003, 05:39 PM
Yes, you need to get fireflies twice to make it completely through. The second time, you somehow need to get across the water back down at the bottom of the cave system without jumping at all. The solution is the same as the first time.

Bowen, Knight of the Old Code

Mystfr33k
12-08-2003, 07:57 AM
Prinssens...
You asked for the name of this age...
It's an age of "twin worlds" called Eder Kemo
and Eder Gira. (Somewhere in your experiences
you came across a book that shows the symbol for this)
Eder Kemo is the place with the gardens and Gira is the place where the lava flows.

"Some things are true, whether you believe them or not."