PDA

View Full Version : Bad Transfer. :|

FishGIlls
03-25-2005, 08:33 PM
So I transfered from the 7th Flotilla to the 2nd Flotilla... Got myself a IXB.. Did a mission...

So, as I'm leaving port, I find out that in Lorient, it's too cramp to set waypoints and time accelerate out of port and to my patrol area.

Sadly, I did two missions so far for the 2nd and after both missions I tried transfering back to the 7th or 1st Flotillas.

Anyone know of a way to get back to one of those flotillas? It takes 30 minutes to get out of port and I'd rather get to the action then stand ont he bridge watching the water go by.

FishGIlls
03-25-2005, 08:46 PM
Oh sweet, I edited my Careers.cfg and changed my Flotilla to the ID of the 7th Flotilla and Viola, went out on a mission, got a message saying I've changed ports.

noshens
03-25-2005, 09:36 PM
That's not as bad as I got. When I tried to change ports it gave me (Null) thingy and the game crashed. Now this is a bad transfer!

Sockeye45
03-25-2005, 09:52 PM
Yeah, when I tried to transfer out too, I got a "null". The game didn't crash for me, but I wasn't allowed to okay it. Luckily, I reverted back to an earlier save and was good to go.

Haven't tried transfering again... so I'll take a look at the Career.cfg

FishGIlls
03-25-2005, 11:05 PM
The only problem is that certain flotillas have certain subs so here I am with an XI in the 7th flotilla which uses VII types. So I think if I want to move up tot he XID I have to transfer back to the 2nd then back kto the 7th.

quillan
03-25-2005, 11:12 PM
You are correct. The 7th Flotilla uses nothing but Type VII boats in the game, until 1944 when they can get the Type XXI. If you want the IX series, you have to get it from another flotilla.