PDA

View Full Version : Pulling off non-sneaking double or single instant kills?

Pl-Destroy
03-14-2010, 09:51 AM
I've got 15 hours into this game and I still can't exactly figure out what determines when an action instant assassination is performed and when instead my character will do a basic hit swipe at enemy.

Especially when trying double kills.

I'll run up behind a 4 pack of guards, hit assassinate and only take out 1 guard. They were pretty close together so how come he didn't take out 2? WTF?

Or I'll quickly climb a ladder see an archer on the roof, continue to run towards him wanting to do a jump insta kill but instead my Ezio swipes his blade in mid air totally wiffing the archer.

Can anyone properly explain how to do a double/single kills each and every time?

I'm not talking about stalking from above, those insta kills are usually easy to do as long as you are close enough.

Pl-Destroy
03-14-2010, 09:51 AM
I've got 15 hours into this game and I still can't exactly figure out what determines when an action instant assassination is performed and when instead my character will do a basic hit swipe at enemy.

Especially when trying double kills.

I'll run up behind a 4 pack of guards, hit assassinate and only take out 1 guard. They were pretty close together so how come he didn't take out 2? WTF?

Or I'll quickly climb a ladder see an archer on the roof, continue to run towards him wanting to do a jump insta kill but instead my Ezio swipes his blade in mid air totally wiffing the archer.

Can anyone properly explain how to do a double/single kills each and every time?

I'm not talking about stalking from above, those insta kills are usually easy to do as long as you are close enough.

Hidden-Gunman
03-15-2010, 04:32 AM
Use the hidden blades. You need both of them.

You either walk between two opponents and hit the attack key/button, or you aim between two of them while you are on a rooftop/high point and hit the attack button.

It's actually quite easy when you work it out, and it looks quite cool.

Edit:

Single kills are a bit simpler...simply close on your target. You don't have to lock onto them. If you are running at someone, when you are relatively close, hit the attack key/button.

jimbo11235813
03-15-2010, 05:22 AM
I find it best not to target archers while running at them to kill them with a hidden blade because Ezio will slow down (going into a fighting stance) when the archer notices him, and the archer can hear Ezio's footsteps if you run. With them it's best to sneak up behind them by doing fast walk (holding X (PS3)) to get close to them, that way you kill them silently.

An_Idea
03-15-2010, 09:23 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jimbo_323:
I find it best not to target archers while running at them to kill them with a hidden blade because Ezio will slow down (going into a fighting stance) when the archer notices him, and the archer can hear Ezio's footsteps if you run. With them it's best to sneak up behind them by doing fast walk (holding X (PS3)) to get close to them, that way you kill them silently. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you can jump assassinate archers, you just need to be on a higher surface then them. i just like sniping them http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Pl-Destroy
03-15-2010, 11:42 AM
Does selecting locking onto a target make any difference if a double or single kill is done?

obliviondoll
03-15-2010, 02:24 PM
Locking onto an archer means you basically can't instakill them if you're at the same height they are.

And if you're dropping from a height, lock-on is needed for a double assassination, but if you're running at them, it just needs you to be near equal distance from both, and locking on reduces the chance of you pulling that off properly.