PDA

View Full Version : Crew morale and resilience, does it matter in SH3?

Dron22
03-26-2010, 09:10 AM
One thing I don't get in SH3 crew management is morale and resilience.
For example I have never yet seen morale drop or rise during a patrol, and therefore not seen it's effects on individual crew performance and efficiency. Oh and I also never had any crew member wounded. Only once my Watch Officer was killed by a shelling, but no one ever died or got injured from depth charges. Anyone else had this?

Dron22
03-26-2010, 09:10 AM
One thing I don't get in SH3 crew management is morale and resilience.
For example I have never yet seen morale drop or rise during a patrol, and therefore not seen it's effects on individual crew performance and efficiency. Oh and I also never had any crew member wounded. Only once my Watch Officer was killed by a shelling, but no one ever died or got injured from depth charges. Anyone else had this?

Foehammer-1
03-26-2010, 10:11 AM
Morale/resilience is broken, always was. They serve no purpose. Only fatigue matters.

As for wounding, yes, it does indeed happen. VERY occasionally. I have played the game since it came out and had 3 or 4 people wounded. You are right, they usually just die.

And on top of that, the wound badge is broken, and will not be given out if the person in question was healed during a patrol. I have never brought a sick man home, so not sure about that... I just give out the wound badge with Commander

raptor_or
03-26-2010, 10:46 AM
Do away with that stupid, unrealistic, and time-consuming crew fatigue issue.

Open Ubisoft/SilentHunterIII/data/Cfg/basic.cfg

scroll down to [FATIGUE_COEF]

<span class="ev_code_RED">Replace all positive values with zero. Leave all negative values (only in comp 6 and comp 7) untouched</span>

This removes fatigue from the game so you don't have to spend a lot of time on crew management.

VONHARRIS
03-26-2010, 02:15 PM
Same here. I am using stock with patch 1.4b. I have had wounded men returnig from patrol but couldn't give them the wound badge. When I tried to , it appears as if they had the badge already. I give the badge olny with the Commander.

MikeOster
03-26-2010, 02:25 PM
I'm playing with GWX 3.0 installed. Just had a man wounded on patrol yesterday. I had a petty officer on board with medic qualification and he still died. I believe I just might avail myself of that fix. Thanx for the good word, Raptor_OR.

Max_Schnell
03-27-2010, 11:52 AM
Greetings to All,

Concerning the disabling of the Fatigue model, what have you found to be the positives and negatives of the action?

A thought of mine is that it would make the game feel more "Arcady" http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Another thought says that it would get rid of the frustration of trying to find an awake, sober Machinist Officer during a depth charge maneuver. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

Overall I have found Crew Management to be a challenging part of the game, but that is being said without having played the game with it disabled. I ask your opinions and thoughts on the subject. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/typing.gif

Thank You,
Max

it's a Cinderella story...a young man from a small village...Cinderella story....up, out of the gutter...Cinderella story...

Foehammer-1
03-27-2010, 01:52 PM
I have disabled it a long time ago. I keep enough crew so that half can sleep and half work, but that's just to simulate shifts... I assume they do it on their own. It's just annoying to constantly shuffle them around.

And besides, if you are good, Crosses in Gold will remove fatigue anyway from your crew.

[edit] that's in stock game, in GWX it's Knights crosses

Kaleun1961
03-27-2010, 08:23 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Another thought says that it would get rid of the frustration of trying to find an awake, sober Machinist Officer during a depth charge maneuver. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I say, if he's tired enough to sleep through that, then let him sleep. He needs it. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

MikeOster
04-06-2010, 09:26 PM
raptor_or

Would it be possible for you or any of you other folks to copy and paste your [FATIGUE_COEF]?

I just want to make sure I'm editing the right values in Basic.cfg.

AndyJWest
04-06-2010, 11:41 PM
I never really saw the point of the crew fatigue/morale etc aspect of SH3. Any sensible captain would give basic instructions on crew rostering at the start of a mission, and then let junior officers handle the details. It always struck me as something that someone dreamed up as a last-minute 'extra' for 'realism', and added without asking why it was worth the hastle. Warfare is reputed to be 95% boredom and 5% terror, and this seeems to be an attempt to increase the realism in the 95% bit. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

MikeOster
04-08-2010, 11:26 AM
Could anyone at all please copy and paste your [Fatigue COEF] settings? I didn't quite understand the directions posted by raptor_or.

K_Freddie
04-08-2010, 12:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MikeOster:
Could anyone at all please copy and paste your [Fatigue COEF] settings? I didn't quite understand the directions posted by raptor_or. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
This is what he means.. but mine has changed via the mods

[FATIGUE_COEF]
;comp 0
RegularFactor00=0
SpecificFactor00=0
BadWeather0=0
;comp1
RegularFactor10=0
RegularFactor11=0
SpecificFactor10=0
SpecificFactor11=0
BadWeather1=0
;comp2
RegularFactor20=0
RegularFactor21=0
SpecificFactor20=0
SpecificFactor21=0
BadWeather2=0
;comp3
RegularFactor30=0
RegularFactor31=0
SpecificFactor30=0
SpecificFactor31=0
BadWeather3=0
;comp4
RegularFactor40=0
RegularFactor41=0
SpecificFactor40=0
SpecificFactor41=0
BadWeather4=0
;comp5
RegularFactor50=0
RegularFactor51=0
SpecificFactor50=0
SpecificFactor51=0
BadWeather5=0
;comp6
SpecificFactor60=-0.1
SpecificFactor61=-0.1
;comp7
SpecificFactor70=-0.1
SpecificFactor71=-0.1
;comp8
RegularFactor80=0
RegularFactor81=0
SpecificFactor80=0
SpecificFactor81=0
BadWeather8=0
;comp9
RegularFactor90=0
SpecificFactor90=0
BadWeather9=0
;comp10
RegularFactor100=0
SpecificFactor100=0
BadWeather10=0
;comp 11
RegularFactor110=0
RegularFactor111=0
SpecificFactor110=0
SpecificFactor111=0
BadWeather11=0

Compartments 6 & 7 are the 'rest rooms' and the -ve value brings their fatigue back to normal.

MikeOster
04-08-2010, 02:19 PM
K_Freddie, thanks for the response. I only have GWX 3.0 installed- no other Mods. What other ones do you have, and do you think its risky for me to try these values? Sorry,but i would hate to make trouble for myself, just trying to solve the problem without creating more.