PDA

View Full Version : USN Fighter pilot

thebs18
06-04-2005, 06:17 PM
Okay I'm trying to do a campaign as USN fighter pilot. Well the first mission I rescued some people didn't get a kill, on normal, got my canopy shot up, circled around tried to land and pancaked out. Ejected before the ship crushed me.

Okay second mission, I have to find the Japanese battle group. It's the Coral Sea, right. So I fly for like almost 45 min, and I'm seeing tracers so I know something is shooting at me, but of course I can not find anything at 800 ft. So I fly lower, no carriers, no battleships, not even a destroyer. Its a **** submarine.

Now, I like this game but I didn't fly that far to find a submarine.
Is this typical of the campaign mode. My third mission is to rescue some pilot.

When do I get to fight, or is that only single player created missions?

Does the campaign heat up before I get to Japan?

thebs18
06-04-2005, 06:17 PM
Okay I'm trying to do a campaign as USN fighter pilot. Well the first mission I rescued some people didn't get a kill, on normal, got my canopy shot up, circled around tried to land and pancaked out. Ejected before the ship crushed me.

Okay second mission, I have to find the Japanese battle group. It's the Coral Sea, right. So I fly for like almost 45 min, and I'm seeing tracers so I know something is shooting at me, but of course I can not find anything at 800 ft. So I fly lower, no carriers, no battleships, not even a destroyer. Its a **** submarine.

Now, I like this game but I didn't fly that far to find a submarine.
Is this typical of the campaign mode. My third mission is to rescue some pilot.

When do I get to fight, or is that only single player created missions?

Does the campaign heat up before I get to Japan?

VBF-83_Hawk
06-04-2005, 06:19 PM
Grasshopper, when you can take this pebble from my hand.....you will be ready for combat!!

thebs18
06-04-2005, 06:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VBF-83_Hawk:
Grasshopper, when you can take this pebble from my hand.....you will be ready for combat!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do I catch it before or after take off? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

fordfan25
06-04-2005, 08:18 PM
it gets a bit better. thay realy did a half ***ed job on PF's Dgen. the way i do it is enable instent success that way you can skip the missions you dont like http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

han freak solo
06-05-2005, 10:05 AM
I think Instant Success is the only way to go. That way when you bail out over friendly territory, you can move on to the next mission.

Just like in real life, huh?

In fact, if you bail out and are wounded, your pilot comes back after a "hospital stay". You may miss many months of battle before you fly again.