PDA

View Full Version : How doe sthe Animus work?

Jurkey
11-26-2010, 03:24 PM
Alright,

I recall Lucy saying something about the Animus reads DNA and makes it readable for the Animus.
You share DNA with your ancestors, and they pass it on when they get a child etc. etc.

Wouldn't that mean that the moment that you got a child, the memory gets cut?

Jurkey
11-26-2010, 03:24 PM
Alright,

I recall Lucy saying something about the Animus reads DNA and makes it readable for the Animus.
You share DNA with your ancestors, and they pass it on when they get a child etc. etc.

Wouldn't that mean that the moment that you got a child, the memory gets cut?

OGCFB
11-26-2010, 03:29 PM
Yep which is why the memorys the animus can read from Desmond are limited up to the female interest of the ancestor he is viewing becoming pregnant from the ancestor..

persiateddy95
11-26-2010, 03:34 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Wouldn't that mean that the moment that you got a child, the memory gets cut? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
But I don't get how does that happen...

Rakudaton
11-26-2010, 03:39 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by persiateddy95:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Wouldn't that mean that the moment that you got a child, the memory gets cut? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
But I don't get how does that happen... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The man's sperm has the man's DNA (and thus his genetic memory UP UNTIL the moment the sperm was produced), and the woman's egg contains the woman's DNA (and thus her genetic memory UP UNTIL it was produced). So clearly, when the egg and sperm fuse the resulting zygote (embryo) will have both its parents genetic memory, but any further experiences the parents have will not be present in the zygote's DNA because those memories have had no way to be passed on to the zygote. Therefore the child ends up only having his parent's DNA up to the point where the sperm and the egg were formed.

OGCFB
11-26-2010, 03:42 PM
yep and so when this kid that was born grows up he passes on his own memorys up to that point aswell as his parents memorys up to the point of him being an unborn fetus and so on until we got Desmond get it?

In other words

Ancestor 1&gt; passes on memorys to unborn but only ones that occured before the pregnancy
Ancestor 2&gt; the result of Ancestor 1 passes on his memorys and the previous ancestors that he received onto his unborn but no memorys past the pregnancy
Ancestor 3&gt; same as before but also passes on both previous Ancestors memorys aswell as his own...

and so on up until Desmond

dkbm95
11-26-2010, 03:45 PM
Surely that would mean that we would be seeing desmonds father or mothers memories ?????

OGCFB
11-26-2010, 03:46 PM
No look I edited my post with more details

persiateddy95
11-26-2010, 04:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rakudaton:
The man's sperm has the man's DNA (and thus his genetic memory UP UNTIL the moment the sperm was produced), and the woman's egg contains the woman's DNA (and thus her genetic memory UP UNTIL it was produced). So clearly, when the egg and sperm fuse the resulting zygote (embryo) will have both its parents genetic memory, but any further experiences the parents have will not be present in the zygote's DNA because those memories have had no way to be passed on to the zygote. Therefore the child ends up only having his parent's DNA up to the point where the sperm and the egg were formed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Kind of confusing, but I think I got it.