PDA

View Full Version : CFS3

trikke12
11-30-2004, 01:13 AM
I know it may be inappropriate to hassle you guys with this, but CFS3sites can't seem to help me.
Last week I bought a second hand CFS3 and once I get airborne I get an empty blue screen. I've just gone through the ordeal of configuring for PF.
Can anyone help me out with configuring for CFS3 or isn't it worth it ?

Raptor_20thFG
11-30-2004, 03:29 AM
to be perfectly honest no its not to me CFS3 has possibly the most irrating setup known to man but all I can tell you is ply with the graphics to me it could have been a great game if MS had not just left it there to float

S` Later

JG301_Per
11-30-2004, 03:49 AM
Do bother go there. It´s not worth it. Believe me... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

knightflyte
11-30-2004, 04:10 AM
I'd say it's a bad install. If IL2 works and your not experiencing problems elsewhere I'd reinstall first.
That being said you could check drivers...but at the expence of IL2 working well.
I have CFS 3 and have tried a few times with it.... but I am SPOILED from IL2, so I havent tried to get it to run in over a year.
Tho with Track IR support I MAY...JUST MAY try it again.

Maple_Tiger
11-30-2004, 04:42 AM
Omg!

I was curious once. 7 months ago I installed CF3. 3 hours later, it was removed from the hard drive lol. For seven months it has serverd well as a coster.

RocketDog
11-30-2004, 07:03 AM
I installed CFS 3 the day it was released. I discovered there was no flyby view or TIR support and that the cockpits for several aircraft looked incredibly crudely done (worse even than the poorest ones in the original IL-2).

I removed it one hour later and took it back to the shop for a refund.

Seriously, it's just a waste of time. However, if you are a dedicated masochist, there is a forum at simhq.com that might help.

Regards,

RocketDog.

GT182
11-30-2004, 10:13 AM
The only thing that might improve CFS3 a wee bit is the Fire Power addon by Shockwave Productions. I tried it a few times but still hate the CFS3 graphics. They cannot be changed.

Sometime in 2006 Shockwave will be releasing B17 "The Legend Lives On". This is a remake of B17 Flying Fortress "The Might Eighth" by Microprose. I'm told it will blow you away when it's finished and will include Online Play. Looks like Jurri will have another to add to his list. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

The190Flyer
11-30-2004, 10:19 AM
Yeah man, CFS3 is not worth one penny, I'm mad at myself for wasting 30 bucks, it doesn't even come close to the playability of IL-2, the support doesn't even come close either, this is the best game ive ever played and I don't intend on putting it up anytime soon like I did with CFS3.

S! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

a.k.a. BIFF P-51 PILOT in ubi.com lobbies

SeaFireLIV
11-30-2004, 10:40 AM
Sorry, I tried CFS3 for 2 months. During that entire time I did nothing but fiddle, fiddle, fiddle with the **** multitude of settings. Sometimes it worked for 1 or 2 missions, but something else would always be wrong.

I could NEVER get the game running smoothly all in one go. Even after the patch i was waiting for it was still buggy performance-wise.

A nightmare. You really are advised to leave CFS3 be and grab the whole IL2 series instead.

Bearcat99
11-30-2004, 01:49 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by trikke12:
I know it may be inappropriate to hassle you guys with this, but CFS3sites can't seem to help me.
Last week I bought a second hand CFS3 and once I get airborne I get an empty blue screen. I've just gone through the ordeal of configuring for PF.
Can anyone help me out with configuring for CFS3 or isn't it worth it ? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You would be better off spending the $70 US total for FB GOLD and PF than $30 on CFS3 in my opinion. CFS3 was by far the wose sim made by MS. I liked CFS1 better than 3. CFS2 was the best of the 3 IMO. I was one of those who preordered CFS3 and waited with baited breath for it to be released. One week before it came out I got IL2 because I had upgraded my PC for CFS3. Needless to say......

Forgottenn Battles has no user mods, no downloadable aircraft except for the ones that come in official patches... but between what you DO get in the whole package of FB 3.0 (FB+AEP+PF) is worth every dollar, or pound, or Euro etc... Toss in the user made utilities like Uberdemon's software, IL2 Stab, IL2 Manager, Sturmolog etc..... It's a no brainer.

BM357_TinMan
11-30-2004, 02:01 PM
trikke12,

Need input..... lol

Seriously, I don't know if I can help you or not, but I know that I can offer no suggestions whatsoever with out some of the variables removed from the equation.

1) system specs (video card and driver, cpu, direct x version)

2) what "ordeal" did you encounter with PF?

3) Do you have scenery until you take off in CFS3?

4) by "blue screen", do you mean the system crashes, or you only see sky?

5) What is your os?

Maybe from there we can start a dialogue that may help you out a bit.

-btw, CFS3 is pretty crappy like they say it is, but, with 1% planes and the trackIR enhancement that is coming out, offline play has things to offer that IL2 just simply does NOT (weather, and the ability to fly from Leiston to Abbyville, to name a couple). But most the rest is mediocre at best and down right bad (like m/p, don't even try d/f m/p in CFS3).

Hope this helps.