PDA

View Full Version : What is the point of "Mute"?

Rakudaton
12-15-2010, 05:29 AM
As far as I can tell, all you can really do with it is stop your target from using smoke bombs when you move in for the kill - and even doing that will alert them that *someone* (ie their pursuer) is nearby and has muted them.

Can someone please give me a few examples of when this might actually be useful? So far I don't think I myself have ever been muted, so... does no one use it?

Rakudaton
12-15-2010, 05:29 AM
As far as I can tell, all you can really do with it is stop your target from using smoke bombs when you move in for the kill - and even doing that will alert them that *someone* (ie their pursuer) is nearby and has muted them.

Can someone please give me a few examples of when this might actually be useful? So far I don't think I myself have ever been muted, so... does no one use it?

EzioAssassin51
12-15-2010, 05:43 AM
It is supposed to stop you're pursuer from doing anything at all except move but it's a bit silly because it only lasts for like 1.5seconds or something.

I've had it used on me once. It is really only to stop your pursuer from killing you and gives you some time to stun them. A bit like a Smoke Bomb really but less effective...

Saracenar
12-15-2010, 05:45 AM
I have it, but haven't used it. My understanding of it however is that it stops everything an opponent can do. So no kills, no stuns, no abilities, etc.

Ninja'd.

wapikas
12-15-2010, 06:18 AM
I used it couple times. Did'nt seem to do anything useful. Still got killed. I understand that it only disable abilities, your pursuer still can kill you..

MilsurpShooter
12-15-2010, 07:25 AM
Disables everything I think, but only for a short amount of time 1.3 seconds or something like that? Trying to remember what I've read here on the forums about it.

Kogia
12-15-2010, 09:16 AM
Started using it today and its great for my playstyle.

I got loads of stuns with it today. Timing is tricky, but once you get used to it its almost a guaranteed stun.

I had 3 hunters on me in wanted earlier and I had stopped and was in a morphed group. I got a lure, then a stun and ran from the third as they all approached at the same time.

rb2610
12-15-2010, 11:10 AM
It's basically a smoke bomb with longer range and quicker activation but a shorter duration.

MakettajaXI
12-15-2010, 01:16 PM
It is pretty much the same as smoke bomb, but does not reveal you for the other players. I use it a lot. Usually when I notice my pursuer coming I mute him and run for the stun. Stun is also faster than smoke bomb. So stun makes you a predator instead of a prey, but only for 1.5 seconds.

yellowbeans
12-15-2010, 02:27 PM
MUTE is a smoke bomb that you can use against a single player so you can save your smoke bombs for when multiple pursuers are approaching you.

I really only use it defensively on manhunt to get the "LOL I walked right up to you IN PLAIN SIGHT, WHILE YOU KNEW WHO I WAS and stunned you stun".

Get that practice in, and remember: DON'T mute somebody who you aren't going to stun. It makes me lol to be half a map away and get muted. I mean, really? REALLY?!

Kogia
12-15-2010, 04:00 PM
Unfortunately the longer range it hs is pretty useless, its only worth is getting that stun in and with such a short duration you have to be close.