PDA

View Full Version : Oleg - I love the landing dynamics

IKP_Congo
02-10-2005, 02:36 PM
Yes, landings do present a challenge, as they should - well done!

It's easy enough to "grease on" a shot up Spit if you have the skill and practice.

IKP_Congo
02-10-2005, 02:36 PM
Yes, landings do present a challenge, as they should - well done!

It's easy enough to "grease on" a shot up Spit if you have the skill and practice.

Endy1
02-13-2005, 03:59 PM
I love the landing dynamics of the Japanese fighter float plane too. Great stuff. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

VVS-Manuc
02-14-2005, 07:13 AM
landings are far too easy compared to real airplanes

mortoma
02-17-2005, 10:45 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VVS-Manuc:
landings are far too easy compared to real airplanes <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I somewhat disagee. The only reason in my mind they are easy is because
there's never realistic wind conditions in the sim, mostly zero wind. Other than that, if you consider how easy it is to land most GA light single in zero wind, it's about the same difficulty. No real plane I've flown yet is hard to land in a no or low wind situation. I've got time in Cessna 172, 152 and a Cardinal. And Piper Cherokee 180 and a few Warriors. Also made a few landings in the right seat of a friend's old Beech Bonanza V-tail. Although the Bonanza has to be carefully setup on approach, trimmed correctly and close attention paid to approach speed. They didn't call the Bonanza the "doctor and lawyer killer' for nothing. But all of those planes are easy to land in a no wind or reasonably calm day. And FB+AEP+PF models zero wind most of the time. It models stormy weather too but not very well.

mortoma
02-18-2005, 11:51 AM
But on second thought tail dragging fighters should be a bit harder to land that trike GA planes, especially planes like the Bf-109 and such. So yeah, maybe they are easier to land than their real life counterparts would be. They'd usually have faster landing speeds than GA planes and higher torque would mean you'd have to take it easy on that throttle most likely. Tail draggers are also slightly harder to land by nature of the beast. But in calm conditions even the toughest plane to land would probably not be all that hard. And some planes, like the 109 were said to be hard to control directionally after touchdown, and loved to ground loop. P-40 was supposedly like that too. So now I may have to agree with you.

LeadSpitter_
02-18-2005, 04:28 PM
the japanese zeke N floatplane is great, I wish we had some more float planes, now only if they would rework the land ac ground stability behaviors p40 tb3 i16 i153 b239 f2a 190 and others have no ground stability.

then the p40 tb3 instantly flip over with full back pressure on the stick if 1 wheel goes off runway,

I guess they do it to make people use runways but the pogo stick gears are silly.

same with landing approaches just stick yank and flop around 1.0 from runways and land in 10 feet.

Janes wwii fighters and cfs2 now thats a more difficult to land and takeoff game. especially janes