PDA

View Full Version : 3D Sound Positioning

XyZspineZyX
08-13-2003, 09:40 PM
The new patch is great but it seems to me that the sound took a step backward. First let me say that the level of commitment that UBI Soft provides to its users is legendary I am not complaining I just want to point out an area that could use improvement so that it might be corrected in the next patch or version. I use a Sound Blaster Audigy Live Platinum sound card with the Live Drive and a MidiLand S4 100 watt surround sound system so sound changes are readily apparent . I don't see a problem with the sounds themselves those are ok what seems wrong to me is where the sound emanates from in the cockpit. Looking forward into the gun sight in the cockpit the sound is muffled. Looking out of the side window of the canopy or up through the top of the canopy the sounds are clear and crisp. The sound is clear from any position in the cockpit except facing directly forward. These observations I made using all available configurations in the hardware setup. I think the 3D positioning of the sound could use some work. I would imagine that a Daimler Benz V-12 would be loud from any position in an uninsulated cockpit. To me the original I-L2 Sturmovik which I still use by the way has a great sound engine. The sound that the AI enemy aircraft make as they blow past you is awesome and very realistic to me. The 3D positioning of the sound is better as well. Other than that I love the patch this is just my observation of the sound and again the level of commitment and support that UBI Soft continues to provide to its users is truly amazing

XyZspineZyX
08-13-2003, 09:40 PM
The new patch is great but it seems to me that the sound took a step backward. First let me say that the level of commitment that UBI Soft provides to its users is legendary I am not complaining I just want to point out an area that could use improvement so that it might be corrected in the next patch or version. I use a Sound Blaster Audigy Live Platinum sound card with the Live Drive and a MidiLand S4 100 watt surround sound system so sound changes are readily apparent . I don't see a problem with the sounds themselves those are ok what seems wrong to me is where the sound emanates from in the cockpit. Looking forward into the gun sight in the cockpit the sound is muffled. Looking out of the side window of the canopy or up through the top of the canopy the sounds are clear and crisp. The sound is clear from any position in the cockpit except facing directly forward. These observations I made using all available configurations in the hardware setup. I think the 3D positioning of the sound could use some work. I would imagine that a Daimler Benz V-12 would be loud from any position in an uninsulated cockpit. To me the original I-L2 Sturmovik which I still use by the way has a great sound engine. The sound that the AI enemy aircraft make as they blow past you is awesome and very realistic to me. The 3D positioning of the sound is better as well. Other than that I love the patch this is just my observation of the sound and again the level of commitment and support that UBI Soft continues to provide to its users is truly amazing