PDA

View Full Version : The most epic moments in Assassin's Creed

Jexx21
09-09-2011, 09:09 PM
Specifically in cut scenes and such.

My personal favorites are in AC2 and ACB, and the E3 Gameplay Demo trailer. Why? The epic music (I think it's Ezio's Family) that plays while the screen zooms out and up from Ezio and looks over an entire city (Florence, Rome, Constantinople).

I also love those moments in combat where you come out of a battle that looks so fluid, without missing a beat, and looking like a complete badass.

I swear, Mass Effect and Assassin's Creed have some of the best moments I have seen in video games.

Jexx21
09-09-2011, 09:09 PM

My personal favorites are in AC2 and ACB, and the E3 Gameplay Demo trailer. Why? The epic music (I think it's Ezio's Family) that plays while the screen zooms out and up from Ezio and looks over an entire city (Florence, Rome, Constantinople).

I also love those moments in combat where you come out of a battle that looks so fluid, without missing a beat, and looking like a complete badass.

I swear, Mass Effect and Assassin's Creed have some of the best moments I have seen in video games.

roostersrule2
09-09-2011, 09:17 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:

I swear, Mass Effect and Assassin's Creed have some of the best moments I have seen in video games. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Ac2 where ezio and his brother federico are on the top of the church looking over the whole of florence while ezios family plays in the background
edit* make mine the start of AC2 right up until ezios father and brothers die also the end of each games are pretty awesome to me

NewBlade200
09-09-2011, 09:18 PM
The first visit to Damascus because of the music and scale.
When Ezio dons his father's robes because you know it is just the beginning.

SweetsMachineGun
09-09-2011, 09:19 PM
I really liked the beginning and end of ACB. Those were really the most "epic" moments for me.

rileypoole1234
09-09-2011, 09:24 PM
The beginning of AC2 when Ezio and his brother are standing on top of the church looking over Firenze. It brings a tear to my eye thinking about it. But a most of the cutscenes are amazing in their own way

thedeadman_47
09-09-2011, 09:31 PM
the moment where ezio and fedrico are on top of the church at the beginning of ac2 and also the moment where ezio wears his father's robes and finally the the moment where ezio and mario stand on top of the tower overlooking the river tiber at the beginning of acb

Blind2Society
09-09-2011, 09:34 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by roostersrule2:
Ac2 where ezio and his brother federico are on the top of the church looking over the whole of florence while ezios family plays in the background </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
This was the scene that came to my mind when I read the thread title.

EDIT: This seems to be the popular choice http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

roostersrule2
09-09-2011, 09:43 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blind2Society:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by roostersrule2:
Ac2 where ezio and his brother federico are on the top of the church looking over the whole of florence while ezios family plays in the background </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

EDIT: This seems to be the popular choice http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>well how can it not be its the greatest moment in just AC but gaming itself

xCr0wnedNorris
09-09-2011, 10:07 PM
Nod at the bird and people die...

donngold
09-09-2011, 10:28 PM
Fleeing guards after a hit in ac1, first time u double assassinate in ac2, and watching your recruits go to work on ur enemies in a big fight in acb

Altair661
09-09-2011, 10:54 PM
Mine are going to have to be, in Bonfire of Vanites when Ezio stabs the guy in the mouth and gives that awesome speech. And the fight between Altair and Al Muliam, where he has him controlled and they debate then you fight all 9 illusions of the Templars. EPIC!!

rain89c
09-09-2011, 11:38 PM
The beginning of AC1, where you go up the mountain castle in Masayaf. Gorgeous scene and fantastic graphics for its time. The city life was extremely realistic and so beautiful.
AC2/B had no type of nostalgia feeling compared to that..

Jexx21
09-09-2011, 11:49 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rain89c:
The beginning of AC1, where you go up the mountain castle in Masayaf. Gorgeous scene and fantastic graphics for its time. The city life was extremely realistic and so beautiful.
AC2/B had no type of nostalgia feeling compared to that.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

*yawn* That was boring. AC2's beginning with Ezio and Fredrico, and ACB's beginning with Ezio and Mario were the best. AC2's was better just because it came with an awesome quote.

"This is a good life we live, brother."
"May it never change."
"And may it never change us."

rain89c
09-09-2011, 11:53 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rain89c:

*yawn* That was boring. AC2's beginning with Ezio and Fredrico, and ACB's beginning with Ezio and Mario were the best. AC2's was better just because it came with an awesome quote.

"May it never change."
"And may it never change us." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
yes, beginning of ac2 where ezio climbs up with his brother was pretty good too. but i think that ac1 scene was much more breath taking and memorable.

i guess if you played ac2 first, that scene with ezio /w bro would be memorable.

acb was meh..

Jexx21
09-09-2011, 11:57 PM

"May it never change."
yes, beginning of ac2 where ezio climbs up with his brother was pretty good too. but i think that ac1 scene was much more breath taking and memorable.

i guess if you played ac2 first, that scene with ezio /w bro would be memorable.

acb was meh.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I played AC1 first. It had a pretty boring beginning practically. Actually, it was pretty boring all around, and I had to question for a while whether or not it was actually one of my favorite games. But it is practically just because it's Assassin's Creed.

ACB's intro wasn't as good as AC2's, but I liked the game more than AC2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...Eyso&feature=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJshVVtEyso&feature=related)

RzaRecta357
09-10-2011, 12:01 AM
King Richards talk.

rain89c
09-10-2011, 12:04 AM

"May it never change."

I played AC1 first. It had a pretty boring beginning practically. Actually, it was pretty boring all around, and I had to question for a while whether or not it was actually one of my favorite games. But it is practically just because it's Assassin's Creed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...Eyso&feature=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJshVVtEyso&feature=related) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
true, ac1 game-play was boring, but the atmosphere was top notch.
ac2's game-play was a step up. but the atmosphere just didnt do it for me, it just didnt feel ...real like ac1.
tbh, i bought ac2 mainly for the sight seeing, to roam the ancient city life.
but, it was actually ac2's improved story telling that captivated me.
ac1 captivated my love for ac series due to the ancient city life game play.
now, im basically collecting all the ac games for its free roaming in ancient cities, and secondly for the story.

yeh, that scene was pretty good.

Jexx21
09-10-2011, 12:11 AM

"May it never change."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...Eyso&feature=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJshVVtEyso&feature=related) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
ac2's game-play was a step up. but the atmosphere just didnt do it for me, it just didnt feel ...real like ac1.
now, im basically collecting all the ac games for its free roaming in ancient cities, and secondly for the story.

yeh, that scene was pretty good. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, no. I liked the AC1 game-play, that's why it got in my favorite games list. The atmosphere was what I didn't like. Felt too constricted to be an open-world game, incidentally.

eagleforlife1
09-10-2011, 12:49 AM

"May it never change."

yeh, that scene was pretty good. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I also played AC1 first and I thought the start was boring in comparison to AC2. Although I agree about the atmosphere. Just being nitpicky here but the Renaissance is seen as Early Modern history so technically the cities in AC2 and beyond weren't ancient but modern.

Ulicies
09-10-2011, 12:51 AM
The entire Woodkid trailer. EPIC.

lukaszep
09-10-2011, 03:04 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blind2Society:

EDIT: This seems to be the popular choice http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This, and the end of AC1 when you return to Masyaf and it's silent...It's creepy.

JJTHoukes
09-10-2011, 05:40 AM
The cutscene after Ezio killed Uberto:

"The Auditore are not dead! I am still here! ME! Ezio! Ezio AUDITORE!"

The people surrounding Uberto Alberti before the kills makes this more epic, as they talk about erasing "those traitors's" names from the record books and so on.

naran6142
09-10-2011, 08:35 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Altair661:
Mine are going to have to be, in Bonfire of Vanites when Ezio stabs the guy in the mouth and gives that awesome speech. And the fight between Altair and Al Muliam, where he has him controlled and they debate then you fight all 9 illusions of the Templars. EPIC!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ya i liked ezio's speech to

also the beginning of AC2 and ACB

GallopRider
09-10-2011, 09:27 AM
#1: The opening scene of AC2 on the church with Federico and the heartbreakingly beautiful music. (That scene and Ethan's death in Heavy Rain are the only times a videogame has made me cry).

Ezio's speech in the Bonfire of the Vanities DLC.

The cutscene in AC1 where the camera pans up to the Masyaf citadel. That's majestic epic.

The battle with Rodrigo in the Vatican in AC2, when Ezio uses the Apple like Al Mualim did in AC1.

Final battle in AC1 against Al Mualim.

Rakudaton
09-10-2011, 09:42 AM
AC: Arriving at the top of the hill by Jerusalem for the first time. The music and the landscape are just... beautiful.

ACII: Ezio and Federico at the top of the tower. "And may it never change us" -- zoom out, cue beautiful music. (I think Ezio's Family has possibly the most emotional depth of any video game music, with the possible exception of some of the music from Okami. Seriously, it's just amazing.)

ACB: Ezio's indecision over whether to throw the apple in the Tiber. "Give it to me; you can do with it as you will later -- jump!" Cue awesome jump, awesome camera change to see awesome city and awesome sky, and of course awesome music.

Animuses
09-10-2011, 10:52 AM
Might as well name stuff from each game...
-Last two sequences of Assassin's Creed.
-Carnevale in Venezia.
-The first sequence of Brotherhood.

albertwesker22
09-10-2011, 11:11 AM
AC 2: Ezio putting Savonarola out of his misery and the ensuing speach.

AC 1: Altair finally aplogising(Don't "correct" that) to Malik for all the pain he caused him.

AC B: Cesare laying waste to Monteriggioni.

naran6142
09-10-2011, 06:16 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by albertwesker22:

AC 1: Altair finally aplogising(Don't "correct" that) to Malik for all the pain he caused him.

AC B: Cesare laying waste to Monteriggioni. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ya, monteriggioni being destroyed was one of the coolest parts in ACB

i wish Ubi never decided to show that at E3, it would have been a lot more epic

NewBlade200
09-10-2011, 06:24 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by naran6142:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by albertwesker22:

i wish Ubi never decided to show that at E3, it would have been a lot more epic </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I don't see why people love that level so much. I understand the big explosions and all your work going down the drain, but I don't see why some thought it was so great.

P.S. Why did Cesare bring The Banker with him through the front gates during the siege?

LightRey
09-10-2011, 06:37 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NewBlade200:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by naran6142:

i wish Ubi never decided to show that at E3, it would have been a lot more epic </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I don't see why people love that level so much. I understand the big explosions and all your work going down the drain, but I don't see why some thought it was so great.

P.S. Why did Cesare bring The Banker with him through the front gates during the siege? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
He brought all of his "lackeys". I'm not exactly sure why. Maybe he was just bragging.

naran6142
09-10-2011, 06:39 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NewBlade200:

P.S. Why did Cesare bring The Banker with him through the front gates during the siege? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

its not the lvl itself but seeing the villa being destroyed

in AC2 you got to build it up then it is all torn down in ACB

SleezeRocker
09-10-2011, 07:07 PM
AC1- Al Mualim: How?..How did the student beat the Teacher (or Master?)
Altair- Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted*in Arabic*
Al Mualim- ..Ah...I see....

AC2- Ezio donning his father's robes
*When Ezio pickedu p the robes, this tune (dana na NAAA!) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AB24IpXlc4) was playing in my head

-Also in the addon Bonfire of the Vanities, after he kills Savanorola, he says something like "You are free to make your decisions...do not follow me or anyone else"

ACB- Cesare- How did you find me??? *and he's shooting bricks*

Ezio- the Apple you stole from Mario Auditore led me here *quickly Tap Square or X*

AkeiraXgamer
09-10-2011, 07:44 PM
AC: The first leap of faith in Masyaf's besiegement. The atmosphere was wonderful, and the way down made me old my breath for a moment.

AC2: The death of Ezio's family, and the chaos afterwards. It was very emotional, as I was helpless to stop it.

ACB: Ezio first meets Bartolomeo in Rome, who was looking for his wife Pantasilea- Ezio thinks she was his Sword and asks if it she was under the table. -lolmoment- When Ezio throws Cesare from the battlements, an "OMG FINALLY." moment for me. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

SixKeys
09-10-2011, 07:51 PM
AC1: Fighting the "ghosts" of your nine targets before you take on Al Mualim. I had just spent ages trying to beat Robert de Sable and then to see all my targets brought back to life at the same time, I was just like "Oh shi--!".

Also, climbing the cathedral in Acre. It's still my favorite viewpoint out of all the games. I remember seeing it in the distance for the first time and slowly it dawned on me that I might actually get to climb it at some point. "You have got to be kidding me."

AC2: The beginning with Desmond and Lucy breaking out of the lab. I was so used to being restricted to slow walking inside this small, confined area that when those doors opened and you make your way through these long corridors, fighting guards along the way and finally entering this HUGE hall filled with Animuses/Animii... It was just such a mind-blowing change from the first game and really marked the difference in scale and pace.

ACB: Getting to use the Apple as a weapon. Driving around in Leonardo's tank, 100% sync or not, was pretty epic too.

albertwesker22
09-10-2011, 08:11 PM

Ezio ***** slapped the Templars at every turn in AC 2, all the while building his town up from next to nothing.

Seeing the Templars destroy the town, reminded you that the life of an Assassin is not just fun and games.

rain89c
09-10-2011, 08:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rakudaton:
AC: Arriving at the top of the hill by Jerusalem for the first time. The music and the landscape are just... beautiful.
ACII: Ezio and Federico at the top of the tower. "And may it never change us" -- zoom out, cue beautiful music. (I think Ezio's Family has possibly the most emotional depth of any video game music, with the possible exception of some of the music from Okami. Seriously, it's just amazing.)

ACB: Ezio's indecision over whether to throw the apple in the Tiber. "Give it to me; you can do with it as you will later -- jump!" Cue awesome jump, awesome camera change to see awesome city and awesome sky, and of course awesome music. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Ah, how could I have forgotten about this one.
This one and the first time you go up Masayaf was epic and beautiful.

Gil_217
09-11-2011, 03:21 PM
Outside cutscenes, for me has to be when ezio was standing on top of the colosseum while hearing the song city of rome

roostersrule2
09-11-2011, 06:35 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SleezeRocker:
AC1- Al Mualim: How?..How did the student beat the Teacher (or Master?)
Altair- Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted*in Arabic*
Al Mualim- ..Ah...I see....

AC2- Ezio donning his father's robes
*When Ezio pickedu p the robes, this tune (dana na NAAA!) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AB24IpXlc4) was playing in my head

-Also in the addon Bonfire of the Vanities, after he kills Savanorola, he says something like "You are free to make your decisions...do not follow me or anyone else"

ACB- Cesare- How did you find me??? *and he's shooting bricks*

Ezio- the Apple you stole from Mario Auditore led me here *quickly Tap Square or X* </div></BLOCKQUOTE>lol i thought that was going to be this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ik0yz5Jo4Os

iN3krO
09-11-2011, 06:43 PM
When england king decides to not kill altair.
First time Ezio's family music runs (ac2 start)

When leonardo talks about the rounded world and mario says it's not rounded xD

Jexx21
09-11-2011, 06:47 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by daniel_gervide:
When england king decides to not kill altair.
First time Ezio's family music runs (ac2 start)

When leonardo talks about the rounded world and mario says it's not rounded xD </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, Leonardo said 'just as the earth revolves around the sun' and Mario said 'you mean the sun revolves around the earth.'

nothing about the earth being flat.

itsamea-mario
09-12-2011, 10:13 AM
Every moment before the death of ezio's father and brothers.
First time entering Jerusalem, masayaf or Damascus.
And possibly ezios speech, even if it seemed a little forced.

I'm sure there are others, though I can't remember them.

MCRMJ
09-12-2011, 11:06 AM
This scene is epic (Caterina is fantastic).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2R4PoofP4bw#t=455s

Watching the Truth video in its entirety for the first time is a pretty epic too.