PDA

View Full Version : Is Lineage canon? (MAJOR SPOILERS)

JudgeQwerty
11-20-2009, 05:49 PM
After ACII, I watched Lineage again and noticed that several characters and events are very different in the game.

1) Uberto Alberti is quite different. In the game, he's a genial official who is only trying to save his family from poverty. When Ezio comes for him, he just stands there and accepts his fate like a man. In the film, he's a creepy torture afficionado with a streak of sadism. It just doesn't seem like the same person.

2)Antonio Maffei definitely is NOT the same person. In Lineage, he is a loyal Florentine who serves his superiors unquestionably. In ACII, he has a longstanding vendetta against Florence for the pillaging of his hometown.

3) In the film, Giovanni, learns about the involvement of the Barbarigos and later Rodrigo Borgia himself. In the letter he gives you to deliver to Lorenzo de Medici, there is no mention of any of this, only the involvement of Francesco de Pazzi himself, who does NOT appear in the film.

4) At the end of the film, he is on the run from the Florentine polizia. In the game, he's still living comfortably with his family.

5) Ezio is completely different. The brutish, hot-blooded brawler and man's man of the game is a far cry from the sensitive intellectual we see in Lineage. If ACII Ezio were here instead,

"Chess? Bah! The knights don't even have swords! Or even knights! What sort of preperation is this for real life? Why don't you just stab the king?"

"Sorry, but I could not find any apples, my love. How about a banana?" *cue slightly unnecessary love scene just off screen*

"Why does a banker leave at mysterious times of night?" *Giovanni gives his responsiblity speech* "Pfft! You could've just said, 'because I work late, Ezio'! Now excuse me, Papa, I must lead a mob through Firenze and pick a fight with the city's second most powerful family!"

JudgeQwerty
11-20-2009, 05:49 PM
After ACII, I watched Lineage again and noticed that several characters and events are very different in the game.

1) Uberto Alberti is quite different. In the game, he's a genial official who is only trying to save his family from poverty. When Ezio comes for him, he just stands there and accepts his fate like a man. In the film, he's a creepy torture afficionado with a streak of sadism. It just doesn't seem like the same person.

2)Antonio Maffei definitely is NOT the same person. In Lineage, he is a loyal Florentine who serves his superiors unquestionably. In ACII, he has a longstanding vendetta against Florence for the pillaging of his hometown.

3) In the film, Giovanni, learns about the involvement of the Barbarigos and later Rodrigo Borgia himself. In the letter he gives you to deliver to Lorenzo de Medici, there is no mention of any of this, only the involvement of Francesco de Pazzi himself, who does NOT appear in the film.

4) At the end of the film, he is on the run from the Florentine polizia. In the game, he's still living comfortably with his family.

5) Ezio is completely different. The brutish, hot-blooded brawler and man's man of the game is a far cry from the sensitive intellectual we see in Lineage. If ACII Ezio were here instead,

"Chess? Bah! The knights don't even have swords! Or even knights! What sort of preperation is this for real life? Why don't you just stab the king?"

"Sorry, but I could not find any apples, my love. How about a banana?" *cue slightly unnecessary love scene just off screen*

"Why does a banker leave at mysterious times of night?" *Giovanni gives his responsiblity speech* "Pfft! You could've just said, 'because I work late, Ezio'! Now excuse me, Papa, I must lead a mob through Firenze and pick a fight with the city's second most powerful family!"

Edengoth
11-20-2009, 05:59 PM
LOL! Nice quotes.

EzioAssassin51
11-20-2009, 08:05 PM
Well...

I personally think the characters are all the same except for Ezio who looks and acts totally different but i don't really look at that stuff so thoroughly!

I think there is around a week or something in between the events in Lineage and The game and that is why Giovanni returned!

Maybe Gio wanted to talk to Lorenzo about Francesco because he already told him about the other stuff he found out!

But that's just my opinion! Good quotes though!