PDA

View Full Version : How do you rate Assassins Creed? 1,2,3,4,5,6/10??

lemonFlashclean
11-18-2007, 07:43 PM
Dear Jade/UBIsoft,

At long last we have Assassins Creed launched. I love the idea of the game, the setting of the game but unfortunately thats about where it ends. This game is very disappointing on ALL levels. This game was supposed to be truly next gen but falls very much short of the finish line. The issues I have encountered are listed below:

1. FMV scenes are badly finished, the shadowing on the characters is blocky to say the least & has flashes of blankness while the characters are talking.
2. The plot!!!!! It is given away in opening scene. Please explain this as it is baffling. If a movie or book did this then we would not bother finishing it.
3. During game play the characters sometimes blend in to the walls or ground!!
4. The game is constantly freezing & crashing the PS3 console.
5. There is so much more that could have been done with this game.
6. Your game testers failed to notice any of these issues which is very frustrating.

I have to say this is the game Iv been waiting to pay all year apart from GTA4 and I am so let down at the finished product. I watched a video of one of your members of staff talking about how the team spent the last few months polishing & clearing things up but you obviously missed quite a lot.

We the gaming community pay our hard earned cash for some top quality entertainment but then get presented with a game that clearly is not finished. As Hilaery Golostein from IGN has stated this game is very much a let down. His review can be seen on YOUTUBE.COM. I will be returning this game back to the shop to get a full refund & I feel very much let down by the quality of your final product. If I was to rate this game I would score it a very very low 6/10. Rent this game before you buy as there is also no replay advantage.

I expect either a stupid response like clean your cd or make sure no smug marks.

I am by no means a complete plank so please do not respond unless it is telling me you have fixed the problem for the rest of your robbed customers. THIS IS AN ISSUE WITH THE PROGRAMMING OF "YOUR" GAME & HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH EITHER YOUR CUSTOMERS OR PS3. DO NOT PLAY US FOR FOOLS, PLEASE. SOMEONES HEAD NEEDS TO ROLE IN UBISOFT BUT AGAIN I SERIOUSLY DOUBT THAT WILL HAPPEN.

From a very disappointed & loyal customer who forked out €60 (Euro) for this game only to be robbed blind.

lemonFlashclean
11-18-2007, 07:43 PM
Dear Jade/UBIsoft,

At long last we have Assassins Creed launched. I love the idea of the game, the setting of the game but unfortunately thats about where it ends. This game is very disappointing on ALL levels. This game was supposed to be truly next gen but falls very much short of the finish line. The issues I have encountered are listed below:

1. FMV scenes are badly finished, the shadowing on the characters is blocky to say the least & has flashes of blankness while the characters are talking.
2. The plot!!!!! It is given away in opening scene. Please explain this as it is baffling. If a movie or book did this then we would not bother finishing it.
3. During game play the characters sometimes blend in to the walls or ground!!
4. The game is constantly freezing & crashing the PS3 console.
5. There is so much more that could have been done with this game.
6. Your game testers failed to notice any of these issues which is very frustrating.

I have to say this is the game Iv been waiting to pay all year apart from GTA4 and I am so let down at the finished product. I watched a video of one of your members of staff talking about how the team spent the last few months polishing & clearing things up but you obviously missed quite a lot.

We the gaming community pay our hard earned cash for some top quality entertainment but then get presented with a game that clearly is not finished. As Hilaery Golostein from IGN has stated this game is very much a let down. His review can be seen on YOUTUBE.COM. I will be returning this game back to the shop to get a full refund & I feel very much let down by the quality of your final product. If I was to rate this game I would score it a very very low 6/10. Rent this game before you buy as there is also no replay advantage.

I expect either a stupid response like clean your cd or make sure no smug marks.

I am by no means a complete plank so please do not respond unless it is telling me you have fixed the problem for the rest of your robbed customers. THIS IS AN ISSUE WITH THE PROGRAMMING OF "YOUR" GAME & HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH EITHER YOUR CUSTOMERS OR PS3. DO NOT PLAY US FOR FOOLS, PLEASE. SOMEONES HEAD NEEDS TO ROLE IN UBISOFT BUT AGAIN I SERIOUSLY DOUBT THAT WILL HAPPEN.

From a very disappointed & loyal customer who forked out €60 (Euro) for this game only to be robbed blind.

SilentAce07
11-18-2007, 07:47 PM
Let me guess... You're playing on a ps3.

*evil laugh*

Sorry, but I completed the 360 version twice now, never had any problems with anything. Its absolutely amazing.

Nethaera
11-18-2007, 07:48 PM
QQ MORE

Ekardt
11-18-2007, 08:06 PM
As much as it's seen, I must state that Ps3, yet again, fails miserably. One tihng that really irks me bout PS3 is that theres no rumble pak. Wtf? No logic in that decision remotley. But Assassin's Creed on Xbox 360 is at least 9/10, and thats being harsh IMO.

elvenmonkey13
11-18-2007, 08:21 PM
Would people seriously stop saying "It must be PS3"!?!?!?!
I have beat the whole game with all side quests done other than flags and Templars and I have not yet experienced a bug, freeze or laggines ( it is a word in my dictionary). There are cases, yes, but not all Ps3, there are cases for the 360 all the time, but you don't here "It must be 360".
So stop with the narrow-mindedness.

Zaibuzan
11-18-2007, 08:28 PM
10/10, Xbox360 Version... Its.... Its.... Its Beautiful!

lemonFlashclean
11-18-2007, 08:36 PM
knew i should have never sold my 360 but I had both and was "told" to get rid of one. Hope BEOWOLF aint as iffy as AC is on PS3

Photus
11-18-2007, 10:17 PM
Wow, seriously, its the same game...

Faylinks
11-18-2007, 11:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nethaera:
QQ MORE </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

KEK

colt122
11-18-2007, 11:15 PM
i would vote it a 9.9 but since you gave no option im ganna go cry for a minute

ensangfroid
11-18-2007, 11:56 PM
I totally agree with you. The setting is detailed and expansive (in the cities), the free running and climbing was really fun as a first of it's kind, and I give props for the newly designed crowd interaction (moving around the crowd as opposed to bumping around and sliding them across the ground like mentally challenged mannequins). My appreciation for the game ends there.

It failed to blow me away as a great game. The fighting system and plot (revealed too early, and very predictable), the two most important aspects of a game like this, were very disappointing. I, too, regret my purchase. I wish I had rented it before buying--as I do with most of my games--to see that it wasn't going to be as good as suggested.

I give it a 7.5/10

(Also, I have the 360 version, and experienced multiple glitches; Altair falling "into" the ground, unresponsive guards, "ghosts"; things that should have been noted in testing).

EDIT: Oh, and the lead role's voice acting was utterly terrible. The "actor" seemed incapable of emotion. Perhaps it's the ultimate sci-fi twist: the voice actor is actually a robot. "Anger? Regret? These weak human emotions mean nothing to me."

AirRon_2K7
11-19-2007, 12:31 AM
10/10, had no problemms, and the game looks amazing. And the story is addictive. And the gameplay is awesome. And the free running is awesome. And the combat is awesome.

robatubisoft
11-19-2007, 12:37 AM
8.5 for sure.

Docked it a point for being too short. Another 1/2 point for repetitiveness and too many flags to collect. Otherwise, it's truly a work of art. Can't wait for part II...

Sponge14
11-19-2007, 12:37 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ensangfroid:
I totally agree with you. The setting is detailed and expansive (in the cities), the free running and climbing was really fun as a first of it's kind, and I give props for the newly designed crowd interaction (moving around the crowd as opposed to bumping around and sliding them across the ground like mentally challenged mannequins). My appreciation for the game ends there.

I, too, regret my purchase. I wish I had rented it before buying--as I do with most of my games--to see that it wasn't going to be as good as suggested.

(Also, I have the 360 version, and experienced multiple glitches; Altair falling "into" the ground, unresponsive guards, "ghosts"; things that should have been noted in testing). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree 100% with everything you said. I am a 360 user and experiance many glitches, falling through the maps, guards that will let you kill them and do nothing, etc.

I do have one more beef with the game. It has to be the most repetative game I have EVER played! Tetris has more variaty than this game did! Every level can be broken into 6 parts: Eaves-dropping, Pickpocketing, rescuing civilians, climbing tall buildings to see more, boreing predictable fights, and last and certainly least an assassination. I mean, even the way he kills is the same every time! Couldn't we work some poison into a kill at least??

I was expecting stealth to be a major part of this game, seeing how I am an assassin and all... Boy was that wrong! Even if you are perfectly quiet in getting to your target, and kill him perfectly, the whole town goes imeadiatly on alert!

I was very, VERY disapointed with this game, and I too wish I rented it because of it's total lack of replay value.

I totally disagree with all the mags that are giving this game 9 out of 10.

I rate this game a 6 out of 10, for it's stunning graphics mostly, but also because the game was amusing, even with all the problems.

Robbinho1992
11-19-2007, 12:39 AM
Oh an i think i ehard that the PS3 had Firmware that didnt like AC and they would be updating it soon....Just a thought. And of course with a game so hyped your going to be abit dissapointed, but nevertheless i liked the game. The game was an experiment, a new orginal concept. I liked the Plot and Story, and it slowly unravelled what was happening, slowly giving you informtaion.

Robbinho1992
11-19-2007, 12:42 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sponge14:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ensangfroid:

I, too, regret my purchase. I wish I had rented it before buying--as I do with most of my games--to see that it wasn't going to be as good as suggested.

(Also, I have the 360 version, and experienced multiple glitches; Altair falling "into" the ground, unresponsive guards, "ghosts"; things that should have been noted in testing). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree 100% with everything you said. I am a 360 user and experiance many glitches, falling through the maps, guards that will let you kill them and do nothing, etc.

I do have one more beef with the game. It has to be the most repetative game I have EVER played! Tetris has more variaty than this game did! Every level can be broken into 6 parts: Eaves-dropping, Pickpocketing, rescuing civilians, climbing tall buildings to see more, boreing predictable fights, and last and certainly least an assassination. I mean, even the way he kills is the same every time! Couldn't we work some poison into a kill at least??

I was expecting stealth to be a major part of this game, seeing how I am an assassin and all... Boy was that wrong! Even if you are perfectly quiet in getting to your target, and kill him perfectly, the whole town goes imeadiatly on alert!

I was very, VERY disapointed with this game, and I too wish I rented it because of it's total lack of replay value.

I rate this game a 6 out of 10, for it's stunning graphics mostly, but also because the game was amusing, even with all the problems. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Stealth....Didnt you read about the game.....Its something they called "Social Stealth" as in you manipulate the crowd to make it to your target, and then using the crowd to hide yourself and aescape. If you were looking for a Another SC, you were certainly looking in the wrong place. Im sure you didnt look at twhat the game contained before you bought it

Malmer_DK
11-19-2007, 01:14 AM
Last time I sat down and had so much fun from the get go must have been with Mario 64.
It's just so awesomely fun. Surely I was hyped, but not till the point where I was expecting another game than what it is.
Having followed this game from the start, I have gotten exactly what they promised and more.

I can't stop playing, it feels like I'm waking up to my brand new snes system as a kid, all over again!

9 of 10.

Oh, 20 hours into the game, no freezing or glitches on my PS3 2.0 yet. Cry me some =)

Hassan-Sabbah
11-19-2007, 01:24 AM
10 of 10 (yep, I loved this game that much!)

No game issues whatsoever (360 version) from start to finish and free-roam after.

...and it seems not many people understand the "social stealth" concept. And even when it is understood, I am still seeing things like "And the guards are fooled by me folding my hands sht!" and "Guards do not notice me killing some one 3 feet away" or "It is so stupid to hide in hay/garden box/sitting on a bench!"

It is a GAME. I do not recall reading complaints in the Splinter Cell series when you hide in the shadows the guards do not notice the three glaring green lights on your head! Or MGS, I suppose hiding in a box is better than hay. Or Hitman series, just walking around a corner calms everyone down...

A game folks, and a fantastic one at that...

Further, as a member of the "gaming community" (and I have been playing games since PONG), I would say I got plenty for my money in this game!

unnamedninja
11-19-2007, 01:56 AM
9.9/10

Last time i played a game this good i think it was 1997, and i was a spiky headed guy named cloud. Really i've played some good games since then, some games which were meant to be "the best game ever" but none of them lived up in the same way. Well this one lives up, it's right up there with the best.

Just make sure you're playing it on the 360.

SkUnKoDoR
11-19-2007, 02:05 AM
9.5/10 Definitely absolutely loved this game I thought the plot being revealed early on was great because the game built on the story throughout the whole game it was like being in a movie and the ending left you with that same hollywood grab on to your seat suspense ending to excite you about the sequel. I think this game is definitely my favorite game ever made I have wanted a game like this since I was a kid so with all the hype and expectations I've had for this game and I come out so happy and satisfied I don't understand how so many of you can find so many problems. AC is amazing and I am already looking forward to the sequel.

Bobzer77
11-19-2007, 02:54 AM
10/10 Absolutley amazing, what more is can I say? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

housemuzic
11-19-2007, 03:21 AM
I don't normally give high scores for games. But this game (apart from the lockups) is one of the best I have played in a long time. 9/10. It should be 10 but it's only getting a 9 due to them releasing a beta game to the public.

Rogue4152
11-19-2007, 04:37 AM
9.5/10

Sponge14
11-19-2007, 01:07 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Robbinho1992:
Stealth....Didnt you read about the game.....Its something they called "Social Stealth" as in you manipulate the crowd to make it to your target, and then using the crowd to hide yourself and aescape. If you were looking for a Another SC, you were certainly looking in the wrong place. Im sure you didnt look at twhat the game contained before you bought it....Poor You...Cry More to your Mummy </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I understand what the whole social stealth thing was about. Maybe if you have been alive for more than 15 years, you could understand the second part of the paragraph that I complain about the stealth. "Even if you are perfectly quiet in getting to your target, and kill him perfectly, the whole town goes imeadiatly on alert!" Even when you use the "social stealth," to your advantage, get to your target without a single alert and kill him without anyone seeing it, you still manage to set off every alarm in the whole town.

And why should I read what other people are saying about a game before I buy it and make my own opinon of it? I am 26 years old, and I am more than capable of making a decision of what I think is a good game and what is not. If you went by the IGN review of the game, and based solely on his review, you would think this was just an okay game, not to buy it, and only rent it for a weekend because thats all it was worth.

I do think the biggest disappointment was the ending. I mean, can we not close any pages in the book when we end a 25 hour long game?? Are Ubi so dead set to make a sequal, that we just totally ignore ending the first one? This wouldnt be a bad ending if I could go rent AC 2 right now, but who knows when thats even going to be released! This author put it better than I can, "coupled with its abrupt and disappointing ending will probably have fans throwing controllers at screens after they've invested dozens of hours exploring the secrets of Acre, Damascus and Jerusalem." Lord knows if I didnt drop $2000 on a TV, my controller would have been launched squarely at it.

I purchsed the game with very little knowledge of what it was like, big deal? I don't make purchases based on what games the reveiwers give 9/10 ratings on. I bought the game not knowing there were 6 missions in the game, that you do for each of the 9 assassinations. I bought the game not knowing about this thread: http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/3881026806/p/8
where all the problems are being recorded, problems of people that actually found this forum. Who knows how many others never find or bother to make a post in here.

I think that this sums it up nicely, "A bad story, repetitive gameplay elements, and poor AI lead to the downfall of one of the more promising games in recent memory. Assassin's Creed could have been one of the great games of this generation. Instead, it turned into just another action title."

Sorry I don't like your precious game. I didn't realize this was all about patting Ubi on the back for their game whether you liked it or not.

So while I am crying to my "Mummy," (I didn't realize my mother was a monster wrapped in fabric) I will be seeing if I can pawn this game off on someone and at least re-coup some of the $60 I wasted on it.

Guild_Assassin
11-19-2007, 02:57 PM
Minimally a 9. Very enjoyable with a few drawbacks that keep it from being a 10.

Comparatively - how do you rate a Halo 3 or a Gears of War? I was thinkig about it and it's tough without online play as part of the AC package...to me the AC campaign is right up there with GOW - different so tough to compare. Halo 3's a blast to play on Live...really some great stuff with all 3 games. Not for anything but who needs a PS3?

: )

Subba_
11-19-2007, 03:13 PM

CroxyJ
11-19-2007, 03:17 PM
9/10 PS3 copy of the game has frozen once on me no other glitches one more thing i don't no why 360 fanboys are going "you have it on ps3" its like we know, 360 does have glitches as well.

Seragath
11-19-2007, 04:00 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Subba_:
6. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

Doogsy1
11-19-2007, 04:17 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sponge14:

I rate this game a 6 out of 10, for it's stunning graphics mostly, but also because the game was amusing, even with all the problems. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But according to the Hashashin, a true assassination was to be executed in eye of the public.

DeadCorpseAC
11-19-2007, 04:34 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Subba_:
6. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
WTF? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

Spykes_wab
11-19-2007, 04:49 PM
I'd give it a 9/10. I've already beat it and didn't have (and still haven't had) a single problem with the 360 version of the game. Never froze once and I never had to restart the game for any reason.

Like others have said, the game does have a few minor problems that keep it from being a perfect 10/10, but that doesn't mean it's not a fantastic game. The missions were a bit repetitive (but not to the point where it made the game boring), it would have been nice if collecting flags and killing Templars would have rewarded you with more than just Achievement Points and I would have liked to see more side missions to make the game a bit longer.

I LOL every time I hear people say "They gave the plot away in the first minute of the game!" All they did was explain that Altair was a simulation of Desmond's past ancestor. That wasn't 'the plot', it was a twist. The plot revolves around the fight between the Templars and the Assassins that continues to go on well into the near future. You also don't find out what the "Treasure" is until way late in the game. Not to mention everything you find after the credits roll.

lemonFlashclean
11-19-2007, 05:08 PM
Okay so, your shop where you bought the game from has to refund you the full price of your game as covered under the "sale of goods act" which states goods must be of merchantable quality. The game dose not work correctly your game shop has to by law refund you or offer you a credit note (not swap for another copy of the same game) Exercise your rights people, speak up.

I do appologise UBIsoft cause ur games are quality but this game is sh1te due to all the issues. Is this a programe error or the PS3 FW v.2.0?

I have to say this is not the first game to have issues like this. The PES6 that recently came out is extremely slow while playin, the penalty shoot outs are in slooooowwwww moooo.

Will this become the norm with all future realeases? Do the companies say," Sure we release the game on such a date whether it works or not and if there are issues sure we can just send a patch over the PS3 network and happy days.

I have a full HD tv, Prop cables, all the correct settings but yet still this game acts the ball'of'socks. Please UBI sort your stuff out so we can enjoy this game. I will be taking this game back to my GAME store in blanchardstown Ireland on the 23rd to swap for Kane & Lynch or EAs' Need for speed if this is not fixed.

Please give daily updates as to your position as this waiting around for postings from you crack is not on!!

And who ever rates this game above a 7 needs their head examined or is not a prop gamer and dose not know the dif between a great game (Gears of War) & a poorly finshed game (Assassins Creed). This game is not even close to being in the same league as Gears.

Furthermore please do not waste our money producing a 2nd AC unless you really think the whole game through ie: more variety, more polished visuals, etc etc.

Please make a good 2nd AC or ill be forced to snap the Blue ray disc in half and wipe my a-hole with it, cause thats about all this first one is good for.

Looking forward to see the responses to this psoting esp from the xbox 360 owners http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

acbigfan
11-19-2007, 05:51 PM
9.8/10 can't wait for assassin's creed 2 and 3. i've been following assassin's creed for 2 and a half years now.

Spykes_wab
11-19-2007, 06:18 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
Looking forward to see the responses to this psoting esp from the xbox 360 owners http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

PS3 4TL! :P

martinho
11-20-2007, 09:25 AM
i have completed the ps3 verson 3 times and not a single bug or freze ( i completed 100% each time http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif]

CalevR
11-20-2007, 05:20 PM
I give this game a 9/10. It is almost perfect but there are always ways to improve. I really think that this is the best game I have ever bought. Even better than GOW and Halo 3, which if it wasnt for multiplayer(Halo) I would not have even bought. I only had one glitch during the game where when I was climbing a ladder I randomly fell through the ladder and the house, and the floor, and died. It was odd but I just laughed and played on. I would have liked it if you could have gone into a few more buildings, like the dome of the rock or into some of the larger churches.....just think of climbing up Jesus tomb! haha!

lemonFlashclean
11-20-2007, 06:36 PM
Halo3 was pants, COD4 is pants, the only game that will do the PS3 just is GTA 4 bu we aint gettin till start of 1/4 2 next year!!

AC is really boring and repetative. Iv brought it back and traded it. Wont be buyin Beowolf or any AC2 OR 3 that is launched in the future.

Games are gettin really bad these days, whats goin on in the industry?? has it peaked?? Will GTA4 RECINDLE THE SMOLDERING ASHES OF THE GAMING WORLD?

It was said from day one, next gen next gen next gen games will be amazing well to be honest the only game that comes close is GOW & thats begining to p1ss me right off now. Is only gaming the only way forward for the games industry?

From error codes, system crashed, developers releasing sh1te games to the new craze " patches ", it all seems the games industry has peaked and is declining slowly. GTA4 is the only game to really look forward to or maybe that 360 game coming out called Mass Effect. Thats really about the limit at the minute.

Excuses, Excuse, Excuse thats all we keep hearing & where is this thing that sony were blabering on about "home" its not even on target to been released. Oh and the John Woo game recently released was trash also.

Again I ask what do people think, is the games industry peaking or peaked? Whats next?
Will GTA4 save the games developers?

Please your opions are welcome I want to see if any1 thinks the same.

Cheers

lemonFlashclean
11-20-2007, 06:41 PM
Sorry there typo, I should have said is online gaming the only way forward for the games industry?

lemonFlashclean
11-20-2007, 06:41 PM
FFS ,,,, Online not only.

Nogafet
11-20-2007, 06:44 PM
I would rate it a 10/10 because every since I have seen this game I though it was a dream that a game this great could ever exist, and I have been waiting for this game since I have seen it. It has failed to disapoint me yet.

lemonFlashclean
11-20-2007, 06:52 PM
thanks for the rating but ill still stand by mine cause this game is still a major let down.

UBIsoft & PS3 need to make a puplic appology for this shambolic situation. Hopefully they will be man ebough to own up and appologise. But what do they care, their bank balances are big right?

I urge all people who have the game & have issues to return to the store and this may push some1 to do something.

FrozenFire550
11-20-2007, 07:14 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lemonFlashclean:
thanks for the rating but ill still stand by mine cause this game is still a major let down.

UBIsoft & PS3 need to make a puplic appology for this shambolic situation. Hopefully they will be man ebough to own up and appologise. But what do they care, their bank balances are big right?

I urge all people who have the game & have issues to return to the store and this may push some1 to do something. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What the HELL are you talking about? You think "returning a few games" is going to do ANYTHING?

I'm not returning my FAVORITE GAME just because YOU don't like it.
Very FEW people dislike it, even if you think otherwise.

You know why the "I hate this game" threads are more prominent in this forum? BECAUSE 95% OF US ARE TOO BUSY ENJOYING IT TO POST!

That is the most IGNORANT thing I have EVER read.
How dare you insult something so amazing, and urge everyone to return something that they bought of their own free will. Ubisoft owes you NOTHING. They didn't strap you in a chair and force you to buy the f'ing game.

10/10

Ecksphive1
11-20-2007, 07:19 PM
8/10

ppl have said whats wrong w/ it, simple fight system, repetitive missions etc, but the engine, graphics and simple fun-factor i think really bring this game up there, its no 10/10, but its def a game I'm not sad i bought. (i've had a 360 since they were out, and i have like 6 games...soooo much over-rated ****) *cough* ES-IVhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_redface.gifblivion *cough*

Zaremon
11-20-2007, 08:08 PM
Hello
I think the game was disepointing.. it ended so quick and i really did not get any chance to get into the game as much i wanted to.
The Game Testers from Norway, gave AC very nice ratings and ment it was like playing Gta, Prince of Persia and Hitman. I love Gta becouse when i start from the first mission you know you got lots and lots ahead to do, And still have fun while not doing missions. In AC you have absolutely nothing to do exept finnishing the missions, and with that i mean all the options before you return to get promission to kill. AC has no change from each mission but exept changing city and guards. It was a big dissapointment to realise that after the first two assassinations you was just going to do the same thing over and over again "climb the wiewpoint and the other stuff" and "yes" the story does take a big turn.. but when is does, you just need to finnish the guy and then its all over.. i mean "What the hell?" the only thing left to do is look for flags and Templars but then again you need to do that before the last mission becouse when the main story, the only story in fact is done after 3days, the game is over.and your in the Doctors place thinking "That's it?!?"

My rate for Ac would be 3/10 for the 3days it has taken to get to see the game. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

gangstasrbetta
11-20-2007, 08:29 PM
9.5/10 - XBOX 360
I think this game was phenomenal. The graphics are stunning, the world is huge and immersive, and there is absolutely no lag. There is repetitiveness in the investigations, but there are so many options and ways to slay your assassination targets, which I think is a major plus for this game. I found the AI to be great most of the time. I guess I should just say this game was a lot of fun. After completing the main storyline recently, I can simply say it's one of the best games I've ever played, and I'm looking forward to replaying it and getting achievements like killing all the templars, etc.

zdog91
11-20-2007, 08:40 PM
I think people try to put this game in comparison to other games to rate it. You cannot compare this game to GTA because this game is more action focused than any GTA game. I hope in further games in the series they will add a more variety of missions but it will NEVER have near the number of missions in any GTA game.

You cannot compare this to Splinter cell because that is a mission based stealth game. In Splinter Cell your incouraged to knock people out to get to your objectives but here you have to Kill Kill Kill.

You cannot compare this game to any RPG becuase that is definatly not a focus of this game.

Everyone needs to take a step back and look at the game as a whole and not compare it's parts to other games. If you notice how well this game blends multiple genres then i don't how you rate it below a 7. Also this leave alot of room for improvement in the next ones. Ubi took a big leap here and I think this is just the beginning of a great new series.

8.5/10 Very fun, intersting, and fresh. Docked for slight repetitiveness and cutscenes that force you to be at one point for your assassination.

Warrior-Within2
11-20-2007, 09:25 PM
10/10, have faced no problems with the game, and I find it ridiculous how many people are complaining when half of them probably have had the most minor problems.

JN006
11-20-2007, 10:39 PM
Lets say, I'm a little biased... but still!!!
This game deserve a minimum of 9/10.
It's truly beautiful for a sandbox games and so many linear ones as well.

It's so innovative on many aspect of it, raising the bar for similar types of games which will be compared for the next years.

Perfection doesn't exist and bugs cannot all be found! You have no idea how many issue we have solve with the help of our talented devtester team.

My two cents!
Happy to see so many peoples that enjoy what we've made!

Cheers,
JN006

P.S. sorry for being that harsh but it's 1am and I'm now working my *** off on FarCry 2 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Squeetard
11-20-2007, 10:58 PM
AC is the most over reaching and under achieving game of the year. Just ejected it for the last time. Not even half way through and already fed up and done with it. Beautiful game engine for sure, truly next gen, problem is the gameplay sucks.

Tela
11-20-2007, 11:06 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FrozenFire550:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lemonFlashclean:

I urge all people who have the game & have issues to return to the store and this may push some1 to do something. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What the HELL are you talking about? You think "returning a few games" is going to do ANYTHING?

You know why the "I hate this game" threads are more prominent in this forum? BECAUSE 95% OF US ARE TOO BUSY ENJOYING IT TO POST!

How dare you insult something so amazing, and urge everyone to return something that they bought of their own free will. Ubisoft owes you NOTHING. They didn't strap you in a chair and force you to buy the f'ing game.

10/10 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here here!
Well put, and I agree with you completely!

That said, I give AC a beautiful 10/10.

About half-way through, and I have few complaints. And those are small things few people(I think) notice. Still good. ^^

tmug
11-21-2007, 01:52 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FrozenFire550:

10/10 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

looks like you have the 360 version. some of us with the ps3 version are experiencing system freezes every five min. It makes it pretty hard to appreciate, as good as the game might be. but good for you if you got to play it through. I got fed up with the ****ty framerate and freezing in my first couple of hours with the game and returned it for a refund. it's one thing to not like the game, but another paying 60 bucks for somehing thats about as useful as a coaster. so give the guy a break.

stix489
11-21-2007, 02:07 AM
I have the ps3 version...got it today...and NO problems whatsoever...nor freezes, no glitches.

10/10...so far! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

AirRon_2K7
11-21-2007, 02:24 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JN006:

It's so innovative on many aspect of it, raising the bar for similar types of games which will be compared for the next years.

Perfection doesn't exist and bugs cannot all be found! You have no idea how many issue we have solve with the help of our talented devtester team.

My two cents!

Cheers,
JN006

P.S. sorry for being that harsh but it's 1am and I'm now working my *** off on FarCry 2 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I love how you think a really nice comment is 'harsh' xD. But Kudos to you, I love the game, it's amazing... thank you xD

1111111111/2

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">looks like you have the 360 version. some of us with the ps3 version are experiencing system freezes every five min. It makes it pretty hard to appreciate, as good as the game might be. but good for you if you got to play it through. I got fed up with the ****ty framerate and freezing in my first couple of hours with the game and returned it for a refund. it's one thing to not like the game, but another paying 60 bucks for somehing thats about as useful as a coaster. so give the guy a bre </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have the PS3 version... only 1 freeze http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

Sorrogatez
11-21-2007, 02:54 AM
7.5ish for gameplay, not much variety, serious lack of guards to kill, alerts abit messed rofl. eh it aint a bad game, Camera's a b***h, so is the short cutscene when u save a civilian, cant skip that ****, alot could be better, but meh.

tmug
11-21-2007, 05:18 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JN006:

My two cents!

Cheers,
JN006

P.S. sorry for being that harsh but it's 1am and I'm now working my *** off on FarCry 2 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just hope you'd put some more of your budget to actual development instead of pr & marketing, maybe the ps3 version would've turned out looking like a "true next gen" title also. ofcourse, it's easier to get good scores when you pay off the gaming press with adverts.

From my short experience with the game (due to freezing) I'd give it a solid 7. First of all, I didn't like the "twist". It seemed distracting and unnecessary, I just couldn't take the game seriously after that. I really enjoyed the POP series (1 and 3), so my expectations were quite high on this. Somehow it just doesn't have that spirit. It seems like a bundle of good conceptual ideas thrown together without a coherent core. Looking at the big picture it seems like an ambitious game but when you see the details that make the experience, like the bad ai, the fact that you can go unnoticed with the press of a button instead of more interesting options like disguising yourself, no night/day cycles etc it gets old really quick. Maybe the production team has become a little too comfortable and over-confident with all the hype surrounding the game and forgot to smooth out these little, but to me atleast, crucial aspects in a game. Then again, maybe I would have a different opinion if the ps3 version of the game wasn't the technical underachievement that it is and I would've actually gotten to play it a bit further than the first assasination. It would be nice if the devs gave some answers to the angry ps3-crowd here, especially when Mr Desilets conned us with statements prior to the release that it would run "just fine" on the ps3.

sorry if I seem harsh.

arbiol
11-21-2007, 05:21 AM
the plot is the best i have never seen.

AirRon_2K7
11-21-2007, 05:23 AM
Tmug: A very biased person with a knack for bad sarcastifc remarks who had a bad copy of the game.

Pfft, the PS3 has a true next gen game as well... just because it doesn't work for you, doesn't mean the rest of us are all damned. you are just very opinionated &gt;_&gt;

tmug
11-21-2007, 05:25 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AirRon_2K7:
Tmug: A very biased person with a knack for bad sarcastifc remarks who had a bad copy of the game.

Pfft, the PS3 has a true next gen game as well... just because it doesn't work for you, doesn't mean the rest of us are all damned. you are just very opinionated &gt;_&gt; </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ok, and you're not? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/touche.gif

XNeofX
11-21-2007, 05:28 AM
Playing it for second time now, stays fun

~ PS3 Version ~
9.8/10

Never had any problems, freezes or other problems.

The PS3 version is excellent imo

tmug
11-21-2007, 05:30 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by XNeofX:
Playing it for second time now, stays fun

~ PS3 Version ~
9.8/10

Never had any problems, freezes or other problems.

The PS3 version is excellent imo </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It would be really helpful if you'd contribute to the PS3 freezing thread here, you can't miss it, it has 1000+ posts. Maybe others could get it working without freezes also if you shared your setup etc. Thanks!

AirRon_2K7
11-21-2007, 05:49 AM
Ooh wait, I could contribute actually...

I used the settings that PS3fanboy.com suggested:

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2007/10/14/a-quick-fix-for-improving-your-framerates/

It works for me...

GuStick93
11-21-2007, 07:42 AM
cant really review it right now,i only assassinated 2 ppl,and been playing this game for about 6 hours,i fool around with the guards nd civilians way too much xD

Maaxz
11-21-2007, 09:37 AM
I love this game. Jumping along the roofs whilst being pursued by guards; the fighting; the informers missions; the beautiful landscape, the beggars and the drunkards... everything.
I'll give it 9/10 cuz I've played better games than AC :P
I've got a PS3 too and I must say I'm one of the lucky ones who didn't experience any freeze on this particular platform. Some of my mates who own PS3 do have some difficulties with it too. Hopefully patches will be out soon.

ScytheOfGrim
11-21-2007, 09:54 AM
I would rate it... about... -9.7581
TIs gaYm SoxOrZ!

I like to be exact and specific.

JN006
11-21-2007, 11:37 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tmug:

My two cents!

Cheers,
JN006

I just hope you'd put some more of your budget to actual development instead of pr & marketing, maybe the ps3 version would've turned out looking like a "true next gen" title also. ofcourse, it's easier to get good scores when you pay off the gaming press with adverts.

From my short experience with the game (due to freezing) I'd give it a solid 7. First of all, I didn't like the "twist". It seemed distracting and unnecessary, I just couldn't take the game seriously after that. I really enjoyed the POP series (1 and 3), so my expectations were quite high on this. Somehow it just doesn't have that spirit. It seems like a bundle of good conceptual ideas thrown together without a coherent core. Looking at the big picture it seems like an ambitious game but when you see the details that make the experience, like the bad ai, the fact that you can go unnoticed with the press of a button instead of more interesting options like disguising yourself, no night/day cycles etc it gets old really quick. Maybe the production team has become a little too comfortable and over-confident with all the hype surrounding the game and forgot to smooth out these little, but to me atleast, crucial aspects in a game. Then again, maybe I would have a different opinion if the ps3 version of the game wasn't the technical underachievement that it is and I would've actually gotten to play it a bit further than the first assasination. It would be nice if the devs gave some answers to the angry ps3-crowd here, especially when Mr Desilets conned us with statements prior to the release that it would run "just fine" on the ps3.

sorry if I seem harsh. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's funny to see how you pretends to know where the budget went, how a game budget should be spent and what amount went into what...

Are you working in the field or its on the top of your long gamers' experience that you've learned all of the above?

Just curious? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
I still love you though.
The consumer is always right, they say! Sorry that we didn't reached your expectations!

Cheers,
JN006

GuStick93
11-21-2007, 11:37 AM
ok assassinated 2 more ppl(talal and montferrat)

Well,i guess this should be enough to rate it.

I give this gme a 6.5

yes because it sucks !
NO REPLAYBILITY
im really dissapointed !

J/K
9.5,love the game

AirRon_2K7
11-21-2007, 11:58 AM
10/10... did I mention that?

witchking77
11-21-2007, 12:02 PM
I have to agree.

My rating is 7 out 10.

1- No replayability.
2- I didn't like the sci-fi twist.If a game's setting is the middle ages, then just keep it that way. The last thing I want to do is watch some whinny guy from the future babble.

3- Poor AI
4- Did anyone think that the camera pulled away a little too much during combat ? I like to see the details of who I fight.

Gavrael2007
11-21-2007, 12:17 PM
I'd have to rate this a 9 outta 10.

I have a first gen 360. Yep, that's right...my preorder system. And on this antiquated peice of hardware I have exactly 0 complaints. No framerate issues, no bugs or glitches, no inexplicably long loading times, no clipping. Everything runs great. I love the story line. The repetition didn't bother me at all because, while the action of pickpocketing was the same, the dialogue was always new. You actually learn some helpful stuff if you listen.

I was mad at the ending only because I wanted to keep playing. It left me salivating for more.

S7m3s
11-21-2007, 12:46 PM
I'd give it 5/10. Basically I have a lot of trouble getting over the dislocation due to the "back to the future" crummy backstory. It's absolutely terrible.

Any feeling of immersive gameplay that might have been conjured up by the superb graphics is immediately panned when I lock on to a target to get "digital glitches" all over him. You never forget that you're supposed to be some guy who just works in a bar and who's been held against his will and hooked up to a machine to relive his ancestor's memories. WTF!!!???

The HUD get's special hate, because it's so BIG. on a next gen system, you've got a lot more res. to play in onscreen, so why not give me the option to change the size if you make it TOO BIG. Baring in mind the fact that the games rated (15), these aren't lil' kiddies who'll be playing this game, so let's have less of the "my little pony" hud and a bit more sensitivity to the gaming experience. I bought this game to escape for a few hours now & then, in a similar way to the great game Thief... not to be dumped into the memories of some degenerate so called "ex assassin" barman from the future. None of the material for the game suggests that this is going to happen. I need my money back because the game just isn't fulfilling the advertising spin.

GuStick93
11-21-2007, 12:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by witchking77
2- I didn't like the sci-fi twist.If a game's setting is the middle ages, then just keep it that way. The last thing I want to do is watch some whinny guy from the future babble.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>Ok for the 1908213 time,the sci fi was made so they could make AC a trilogy,and about the talking parts,they only last like 2 minutes,so if u cant wait 2 minutes,no wonder u dint like the game

S7m3s
11-21-2007, 01:17 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GuStick93:
Ok for the 1908213 time,the sci fi was made so they could make AC a trilogy,and about the talking parts,they only last like 2 minutes,so if u cant wait 2 minutes,no wonder u dint like the game </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They could've made a trilogy without the scifi twist, and without that wasted dev time. Each game could have had it's own period look & feel... Oh right sorry: did I say "wasted dev time"? silly me... Of course, you can reuse the hud etc... for all the games. Gee that'll be fun. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

danny.b87
11-21-2007, 01:28 PM
ummm a 8.7
if it didnt freeze like 4 times, and if i didnt need to watch the full ending credits for 5 minutes, and if the game would be a little bit longer and without so much annoying beggars then i would give it a 10

Phreaky_McGeek
11-21-2007, 01:40 PM

tmug
11-21-2007, 02:35 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tmug:

My two cents!

Cheers,
JN006

It's funny to see how you pretends to know where the budget went, how a game budget should be spent and what amount went into what...

Are you working in the field or its on the top of your long gamers' experience that you've learned all of the above?

I still love you though.
The consumer is always right, they say! Sorry that we didn't reached your expectations!

Cheers,
JN006 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

salut jn,

all I know of the budget is that too little of it was spent on the ps3 version. I don't care if it costs more to develop than 360 version but sells less, if you charge customers the same, it should be of the same standard (look at infinity ward). I also know that some sites like gamespot which have given it high praise have been covered in ac ads. as for am I working in games, do you think that if someone doesn't like the game he must be from a competing firm? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I'm just a former studio Montreal fan. and you should love us, we pay your salary after all. except for this one which I returned http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

lemonFlashclean
11-21-2007, 04:16 PM

My two cents!

Cheers,
JN006

I still love you though.

Cheers,

We are right mate, its a pants game end of story. Noway you work for UBIsoft I think your full of Sh1te to be honest. but i still love you ha ha ha...

Id ayone even if the games is running perfect who gives it above a 7 has no clue what so ever about decent gaming. Sorry but I can't let this go. The people who are scoring it 7 or below are true gamers & understand are true classic & AC aint even close. Sure GOW got 10/10 & you guys are trying to say AC is the same?? Get out of it mates, you need to expand your gaming horizon

Peace out

lemonFlashclean
11-21-2007, 04:21 PM

My two cents!

Cheers,
JN006

I still love you though.

Cheers,

We are right mate, its a pants game end of story. Noway you work for UBIsoft I think your full of Sh1te to be honest. but i still love you ha ha ha...

Id ayone even if the games is running perfect who gives it above a 7 has no clue what so eve

Warrior-Within2
11-21-2007, 04:30 PM
ARRRGH... People don't know what they are talking about when they say poor AI. When I play my AI is vicious... And it shouldn't change from me to you. Especially in the later levels, one guard initiates attack and when there is an opening I get destroyed by a whole bunch of other guards...

Krecovi
11-21-2007, 06:16 PM
awesome game, 9/10

JN006
11-21-2007, 11:44 PM

My two cents!

Cheers,
JN006

I still love you though.

Cheers,

Id ayone even if the games is running perfect who gives it above a 7 has no clue what so ever about decent gaming. Sorry but I can't let this go. The people who are scoring it 7 or below are true gamers & understand are true classic & AC aint even close. Sure GOW got 10/10 & you guys are trying to say AC is the same?? Get out of it mates, you need to expand your gaming horizon

Peace out </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same old story again and again! I love it!
My nick match with my name... check the level artist in the credit buddy! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

It's fine that you didn't like the game... do you serious think I actually care!? We can't please everyone and we understood that a long time ago... GOW is a great game, linear game, but a great one.

Enjoy your time with GOW!
ahahah!

cooldude6681
11-21-2007, 11:55 PM
10/10 from me. I would've rated it higher, but there was that game-breaking bug on the way to Arsuf that gave me a doppelg&auml;nger Alta&iuml;r http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

Squeetard
11-22-2007, 12:16 AM
Assasins Creed was like my marriage. I loved for the first while when it was all so fresh and new. Then I started to notice all the little flaws and they nagged at me. I grew to hate it and wanted to kill it, instead I cut my losses and moved on and now I am in love again, with a game called Uncharted. It is everything AC promised and failed to deliver.

MiniAssasin
11-22-2007, 12:32 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Squeetard:
Assasins Creed was like my marriage. I loved for the first while when it was all so fresh and new. Then I started to notice all the little flaws and they nagged at me. I grew to hate it and wanted to kill it, instead I cut my losses and moved on and now I am in love again, with a game called Uncharted. It is everything AC promised and failed to deliver. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i feel sorry for your wife lol

9/10 for me

i think it would get the 110 if it had:
less repetative speach from npcs
they left everything they cut in, especially the crowd dynamics they promiced
there was more variation in minimissions
free roam mode

Royal.Mist
11-22-2007, 05:12 AM
I didn't understand everyone's excitement before I played and after I played, I still don't understand.

You do the same thing non-stop for about 18 hours.

Ride To City/Jump To City &gt; Go Synchronize &gt; Do 3-6 Investigations, all of which are Intimidate, Eavesdrop and Pickpocket &gt; Go To Bureau &gt; Go Kill Guy &gt; Hide &gt; Go To Bureau &gt; Rinse and Repeat.

Not to mention easy and repetitive combat...

Spam the Attack Button &gt; Counter &gt; Rinse and Repeat

Climbing buildings is slow and once you've climbed 10 you've pretty much climbed everything , Ubisoft just threw in different ledges and colours to grab onto while pulling yourself up.

It freezes often. I had it freeze three times on me. That's three more times than COD4, Splinter Cell and every other game I've played recently.

The only thing that saved this game going back to EB was Memory Block 7 and onwards. It's as if Ubisoft fired all their old writers and had decent ones come in to salvage the last hour or so of the game. The ending was great and made it worth sitting through the boring storyline I hadn't been paying attention to.

"Oh wow, this guy says the exact same thing as the last guy who died."

I'd give it a 7.6/10 even though 7.5 points of my score come from the very end of the game. Way to waste so much potential.

acbigfan
11-22-2007, 05:16 AM
I think that Assassin's Creed had intended to be the greatest game in history. And I believe that they might be. But i have reliezed some flaws they made during the production. For example their are glitches and even flaws in the gameplay in both ps3 and the 360 like going through walls, steping through dead bodies, freezes,falling through the ground, and the stupid guards AI, if u kill someone and your the only one their with weapons, they should auto. start attacking you. But those flaws are small compared to the story, graphics, character control, and voice acting. I liked the story of Altair and Desmond, some people don't realize or understand what is the reason for creating a story within a story. But I some what do. And i see the potential of the character Desmond. Spoiler!!!! If you read all the email in the game you will see that Desmond later in Assassin's Creed 2 and 3 will become Altair. Because of the effects of the machine Desmond reapitly goes into, his memories start to fuse with Altair, until he think he is Altair and eventually becomes him. It's called the Bleed Effect, thats why at the end of the game Desmond can use Eagle Vision. But back to my point, the game may not be perfect but if you think about the amount of detail put into this game you will start to appritaite the game more. And if you liked the game enoung to be patient and wait for AC 2 then you will be pleased. It ended jest like Halo and people loved that game, so why don't you show the same compasion for Assassin's Creed and you will be as pleased or even more. Assassin's Creed for the 360 gets a 9.5/10, and hopefully if AC 2 comes out, then Ubisoft can work on the flaws of the first game, and make the 2nd better. I reccomened Assassin's Creed for everyone that likes fast and slow paced games, intense violence and breath taking graphics.

acbigfan
11-22-2007, 05:22 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Royal.Mist:
I didn't understand everyone's excitement before I played and after I played, I still don't understand.

Ride To City/Jump To City &gt; Go Synchronize &gt; Do 3-6 Investigations, all of which are Intimidate, Eavesdrop and Pickpocket &gt; Go To Bureau &gt; Go Kill Guy &gt; Hide &gt; Go To Bureau &gt; Rinse and Repeat.

Climbing buildings is slow and once you've climbed 10 you've pretty much climbed everything , Ubisoft just threw in different ledges and colours to grab onto while pulling yourself up.

It freezes often. I had it freeze three times on me. That's three more times than COD4, Splinter Cell and every other game I've played recently.

The only thing that saved this game going back to EB was Memory Block 7 and onwards. It's as if Ubisoft fired all their old writers and had decent ones come in to salvage the last hour or so of the game. The ending was great and made it worth sitting through the boring storyline I hadn't been paying attention to.

I'd give it a 7.6/10 even though 7.5 points of my score come from the very end of the game. Way to waste so much potential. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But isn't every game the exactly the same as that, Halo 1, 2, and 3 u jest run and shoot alians. Call of Duty 1, 2, 3, and 4 u jest run and shoot too. Project Gotham all you do is drive. Hitman, you jest kill. Spiderman, you jest swing and fight. basketball you jest dribble and shoot or dunk. football, you jest run, catch and throw. Every games is basicly the exact same thing for the emount of hours the game takes. football can take 3 days and all your doing is the same thing. So why does Halo, Call of Duty, and football have a better rating the Assassin's Creed, when AC gives better graphics then all the other games.

pietjevlip
11-22-2007, 05:33 AM
good point http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

Royal.Mist
11-22-2007, 05:34 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by acbigfan:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Royal.Mist:

I'd give it a 7.6/10 even though 7.5 points of my score come from the very end of the game. Way to waste so much potential. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But isn't every game the exactly the same as that, Halo 1, 2, and 3 u jest run and shoot alians. Call of Duty 1, 2, 3, and 4 u jest run and shoot too. Project Gotham all you do is drive. Hitman, you jest kill. Spiderman, you jest swing and fight. basketball you jest dribble and shoot or dunk. football, you jest run, catch and throw. Every games is basicly the exact same thing for the emount of hours the game takes. football can take 3 days and all your doing is the same thing. So why does Halo, Call of Duty, and football have a better rating the Assassin's Creed, when AC gives better graphics then all the other games. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

1) Learn to spell. It makes reading bearable without the urge to gouge out my eyes with a spoon.

2) Halo is a game idiots can like, much like Assassin's Creed, because there is only a couple of things to do and those things are easily done.

Halo: Aim and Pull Trigger
Assassin's Creed: Spam X and Counter

Besides, you're over-simplifying my statements. You're also including rubbish games that fail, like Spiderman.

3) Obviously, these other games have something that makes them stand out, that makes them enjoyable. Sadly, the only enjoyable thing about Assassin's Creed comes ~18 hours too late into the game.

sKCandyman
11-22-2007, 05:57 AM
Well i got the game yesterday, since it got out yesterday in Australia.. been playing alot of it, trying not to do the main objectives dont want to finish it to fast...and im loving it
only a few complaints from me it can be repetitive at times, and some small things can get on your nerves but its a 9/10 for me cant wait for AC2 still got a long time ahead http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

lemonFlashclean
11-22-2007, 06:12 AM
yes i cant wait for AC2 or 3 so i can spend another 60 euro to be a debugger for them. quality controle people?? where is it??

its a pants game, games are more than nice graphics and back drops!!! iv seen better games in my time this dont ever come close. a linar game like GOW gets 10/10 at least u got online play. AC aint even got downloadable content!!! no way it scores a 7,8,9 or even a 10. Im actually goin to drop my score score froma a low 6 to a low 3 its thats bad.

lemonFlashclean
11-22-2007, 06:26 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cooldude6681:
10/10 from me. I would've rated it higher, but there was that game-breaking bug on the way to Arsuf that gave me a doppelg&auml;nger Alta&iuml;r http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thats a crazy score mate but thanks for leaving ur pennys worth http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Pday
11-22-2007, 12:35 PM
I rate it a strong 6 I'll list the reasons why.

Good

- Great storyline, picking the crusades was a great idea, nice plot twists.

- The graphics are beautiful.

- Atmosphere is great, it has a lot of room to get into your character.

- The combat system is great and a lot of fun once you learn it.

- The assassin missions are challenging if you play for stealth kills when its possible.

Bad

- The information gathering missions are lacking, its the same thing different NPC's every time the only ones that were kind of different each time were the informers because of the targets moving around and that you fail if you get spotted.

- Low replay value, no extra mission once you complete it, no extra areas, so i was left with a pretty empty feeling once I completed it.

- No option to increase the difficulty (that i could find anyway) being able to set it to hard and extremely hard with maybe even some added rules like you cant break stealth before a kill unless its a scripted event would give players a challenge when they play it again.

- The story focused too little on Desmond, it would be nice to know a little more about him.

- No real defining mini missions that aren't related to the main storyline, seriously how many people can there be in one city that messes with the guards, being able to either eavesdrop or go to the bureau for non storyline related assassination would add more replay value, especially if it unlocked something fun.

- The controls can be kind of "icky" at times, a good example is trying to free run away from followers only to start climbing on boxes or on houses where you cant get to the roof.

I was able to complete it in about 22 hours of gameplay (didnt collect all the flags but did everything else) and since the story is the main attraction along with the "feel" of the game i don't see myself playing it all that much after completing it meaning I'd place it in the rent or borrow category rather than buy.

simon_093
11-22-2007, 01:02 PM
mmm... how to rate assassins creed. Well, as in constantly crashes and freezes on both platforms, it seems obvious that the game is not fit for purpose and was rushed out to hit the christmas market. UBisoft obviously hve great contempt for their customers. As such the game has to score 2/10 or perhaps a 3 if being generous.
I am amazed at how many people still rate this failed piece of software. Ubisoft must be having a huge laugh at your expense.

Tela
11-22-2007, 01:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by simon_093:
mmm... how to rate assassins creed. Well, as in constantly crashes and freezes on both platforms, it seems obvious that the game is not fit for purpose and was rushed out to hit the christmas market. UBisoft obviously hve great contempt for their customers. As such the game has to score 2/10 or perhaps a 3 if being generous.
I am amazed at how many people still rate this failed piece of software. Ubisoft must be having a huge laugh at your expense. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or maybe we disagree with you, believe that it deserves a higher rating? Still 10/10 for me.

whoopedazz
11-22-2007, 01:19 PM
8/10 - It could be better.
I miss the "skip" function, this keeps me from playing it a second time ( I've finished it, yes. )- I'm playing on a PS3, and I only have freezing issues 2 times. And thats when I starts the game for the first time on the day. Then it freeze. When i start it up for the second time, it dosnt freeze at all, so.. :P ..
My PS3 is just as cool ( or maybee more? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif ) as your x360 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif.. 0wned..
Also.. I paid 50 for this, and it took about 15 hours to complete with resque quests ( 100% ), - Flags.
I want to play a game that takes longer to complete. It was a nice difficult level but it should just be a longer game ._. .. I dont wanna pay so much for like.. 1 days of gameplay.
An example; Zelda. The version for Nintendo 64.. I've seriously never completed that! ;D

ps. I'm not a fanboy, and this reply was not meant, and should not be replied to as a "fan-boy" letter. I dont wanna start a fanboy war.. ._.

lemonFlashclean
11-22-2007, 09:31 PM
this is on its way back to the game store 1st thing tomorrow its sh1t

targle
11-23-2007, 03:03 AM
5/10 First off i haven't got to block 7 yet, apparently it gets much better then?

The game is fantastic for show boating. Even my wife likes watching me play this game and she hates all things gamey, but it is so easy to look cool as f when your playing.

Unfortunatly everything is too easy.

Altough the combat does look cool, its hard to lose once you can counter.

The side missions should be one offs, you miss it and you lose out.

You should be able to follow your target around and chose where to kill him. - and (in a perfect world) be able to lose him completely and have to find hiim again.

As it is you can just blindly follow the GPS, no thought, no planning and no reason to set things up for a skillfull kill.

whats really disappointing is that the Hashassihim (forgive the spelling) are a really fasinating group, who are apparently still active in Pakistan and some other places. They are really scarey people (and always have been) but this game totaly oversimplifies everything.

DanoTheOverlord
11-23-2007, 03:20 AM
I think I would give this game a 6. *Maybe* a 7, but that would be a stretch. A lot of criticisms have been leveled at this title due to technical issues, and those concerns are justified. I guess I was lucky to have been spared the technical glitches on my 360, but I still feel the game was not tested on a fundamental level effectively.

Initially, I struggled to play through the 2nd memory block, and became completely disenchanted with the controls and camera. I knew at that point, I would not be keeping this game, which is unusual because I typically keep games I purchase even if the game is flawed in some way. However, being a sadist, I decided to force myself to finish it so I could trade it in on Mass Effect, and feel I had not completely wasted US$60.

I am no stranger to gaming, and have quite a varied library of titles for my Xbox and 360. I was interested to learn more about this "social stealth" concept because I thought potentially it could translate well into a resurrection of the Thief franchise. I have to say that with some tweaking, the engine built for AC would be brilliant for a new Thief.

Simply put, I just did not gel with this game. Maybe I was expecting something else after watching all the Ubi vids and reading the interviews. Maybe I am overly critical. Maybe I am too picky. The story could have been very compelling, but the whole modern-era, sci-fi angle killed it for me. I would have preferred to have just played as Altair in the 12th century.

There is no denying the game is stunningly beautiful, especially in HD. The detail that went into the environments and character modeling is deserving of awards for artwork and art direction. The use of various dialects both native and foreign to the region depicted further enriched the environments.

Still, I had to force myself to get through the game, and I finally gave up on the final fight. I have been playing games for longer than I care to share, but I was done after trying and dying for 45 minutes to beat the end game. I'm sure that there will be people who read that, and immediately respond, "UR TEH SUK11". Maybe so, but as mentioned earlier, the controls are not intuitive and the camera is ****. Yeah, that may seem like an excuse, but it hampered my ability to play the game overall, not just the final fight.

I am glad so many people enjoyed the game. I wish I could have been one of them as this title was the topic of much discussion in my group of friends. I don't think that Ubi intentionally put out a product they thought was flawed, but I do think they need to both patch the software (on both consoles) and they need to examine the validity of their development/debug consoles.

Cheers,
Dano

[Off-topic observation: Immediately following the release of AC, Ubi announced the delays of Splinter Cell: Conviction and Haze. I wonder if those delays are related to the technical issues and mechanical/gameplay criticisms. I think SC:C is going to use the same engine as AC, but that is pure speculation based on some early video footage I have seen.]

If you want specifics, here is my list (and, yes, this may be nitpicking in some cases, but collectively it affected my opinion of the game):
Camera is horrible...simply horrible. I spent more time moving it to where I could see my opponents in a fight than I did actually fighting. Moving the camera while blending is nearly impossible without creating new forms of ligament damage. I did not know I could get a cramp between my fingers.
Overall control mapping is atrocious. Right bumper was not used at all from what I could see. Why not map blend to the right bumper? It would have been infinitely easier to manipulate the camera and move while blending if they had done so.
Flag-hunting investigations were pointless and totally out of sync with the MO an assassin would follow to glean information on a target. Of course, I may have been reading the wrong historical texts and essays. If I were in Altair's place, I would have just killed the people who asked me to gather flags because "the heat has made my legs weak".
Flag hunting meta-game was also pointless, and seems to have been inserted in order to flesh out achievements when they realized there were too few in the game overall. Now, if the flags awarded you bonuses like a crossbow (didn't I see one in some artwork someplace?) or alternate disguises, it may have been somewhat more sensible. I would likely have still passed on those anyway though.
Beggars and drunks/"crazy people" were annoying in the extreme. How is it that I am being approached, but they never interact with any other NPC? Why did the guards not go after the jackholes who shoved me randomly, but instead told me to bugger off or went on alert?
Blending solo (read: without a scholar flock) is ridiculously slow. Scholars moved faster than I did in blend.
Why can't Altair swim? Even people who cannot swim rarely die upon touching water.
Since when are there rocks large enough to dislodge someone climbing a wall or ladder on rooftops? Were the cities carved out of rock from the top down?
Combat provided numerous moves, but ultimately ended up being not much more than a Street Fighter-esque button mashing fest.
Alert system was over the top sensitivity-wise. Bump someone, we are at yellow alert. Kill someone in a secluded corner with no one around; we're at red alert.
Even more mystifying, I kill 30 guards in one area, and there are still guards on patrol?! Is there a lemming generator nearby that churns out armored road kill? Given the ruckus the citizens were causing at me *defending one of their own* from unjust oppression, that should have called down all the guards in a 5-block radius.
Why would citizens think it odd I am climbing a ladder? How else am I going to get my laundry from the rooftop?
Who puts a roof garden on a building with no way to access the roof other than climbing the walls?
Why create an equally detailed "Kingdom", but only give me viewpoints, Templar- and flag-hunting as "missions". Complete waste of disc space since you can bypass it after finding all the viewpoints. Would have been better to just forego the whole "outside" aspect altogether.

tmug
11-23-2007, 03:57 AM
I get an average of 7,51 from the last 20 ratings here. Not bad, considering.

DanoTheOverlord
11-23-2007, 05:17 AM
yes i cant wait for AC2 or 3 so i can spend another 60 euro to be a debugger for them. quality controle people?? where is it??

its a pants game, games are more than nice graphics and back drops!!! iv seen better games in my time this dont ever come close. a linar game like GOW gets 10/10 at least u got online play. AC aint even got downloadable content!!! no way it scores a 7,8,9 or even a 10. Im actually goin to drop my score score froma a low 6 to a low 3 its thats bad. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have a couple of stupid questions for you, lemon.

1) What does "pants" mean? I've heard a lot of idioms from across the pond, but this one is new. The context clues I am picking up makes me believe it is equates to "bad", but would rather get a clarification.

2) What is the significance of the forum link you have in your sig? It says it is a fake screenshot repository for the upcoming GTA. So, I am not understanding what I am supposed to be seeing.

--Dano

whoopedazz
11-23-2007, 05:46 AM
It was too easy, as i said above.
I think the ending twist was very nice.
You are not able to give it under 5/10, cause this game has one of the best graphic ever..
Its the first of its kind, so the next would be alot better ( we hope.. )
So please....

midna1
11-23-2007, 08:06 AM
its an amazing game 10/10 no contest. The 3 cities are completely bespoke. And each chase is never the same. The free-running physics are nailed. And you get to learn the cities. This is the genius. So the game accommodates a wide variety of people and play-styles. Like if you're a complete spazz you can still play the game. You can get so good at combat that you never take a hit. Alternatively play the whole game only killing the marks in the MGS pacifist style. But you need a proper MGS ranking at the end based on hits against/ stealth kills/ deaths etc i.e. silver hawk (under 50 hits) or 'brown pidgeon' for the proper spazz. So you incentivize the combat. And please have SotC Agro controls for the horse i.e. you cycle through trott, canter, gallop not hold the forward stick down. I like trotting around the kingdom but you get thumb fatigue. So riding a horse is not like driving a tank. And gallop time should be restricted. Like the horse would get tired. Just play SotC for the proper horse gameplay. Like wot is Fumito Udea up to anyway

Shooter_585
11-24-2007, 08:42 AM
I hated the ending, to far-fetched as if all those dudes you killed come back to life not as good i hoped it would be.
Mabey if Ubisoft made the game longer, and actually had a realistic ending lots more people would like it.
Ubisoft, next time spend more time on it and make it good. Mabey you could let it be free roam after u finish the game? and put more REAL side quests in, not stupid ones like pickpocketing and saving citizens
i would give it : 5/10

jononotbono
11-24-2007, 09:58 AM
well. i completed the main story in just the time i had the game for rental, and im so glad i rented it.

why is it next gen or whatever this 360 and ps3 s.h.i.t everyone is raving about means all games have the life of a day. Does anyone remember how long secret of mana was, or zelda, or final fantasy 7 was.

s.h.i.t, this game looks pretty but how many bullshi.t side missions do you have to do. the AI is complete shi.t

"i just stabbed someone, got caught so i killed 10 guards. i then press blend whilst standing over the bodies and they all start going "who did this". haha pathetic considering the hype.

which idiot said its a new, first of its kind?? well ever heard of tomb raider? that was the first of this kind and completely better.

Try again please because im not fooled by the pretty graphics. holy f.u.c.k I remember when the game FLASHBACK looked real, now it looks nothing more than 1 pixel per foot. In a year the graphics will be s.h.i.t so its not a good enough reason

Back to call of duty 4 now and yes i beat that game in 4 hours but the thing with cod4 is that online its got a serious life which is something assassins creed lacks cause im never going back to it

jono not Bono

CoastalGirl
11-24-2007, 10:54 AM
For what I wanted out of the game I'd give it a 9/10; the freerunning is great and the world is everything I'd hoped. The problem I have is that once it's beaten, you can't go back and just have fun; loading memories takes WAY too long, you can't "fast forward" from anywhere you want (yeah, I so want to run all the way through Masyaf, again), you can't save, there's no way to know which flags you've collected... Boo.

For the rest of the game...5/10, maybe, for several reasons, not the least of which is how repetitive everything is. The fighting is also SUPER easy, but since I suck I'm not going to complain about a game that actually matches my skill level. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

Marek86
11-24-2007, 11:10 AM
Honestly I think people expect to much from games these days. Or they expect games to play the way they want to play them, and you can't always get that. There's also a genre for everyone, perhaps AC is just not your type of game and didn't impress you due to this. Earlier you compared Gears to AC, they're totally different games. Maybe you're just more into TPS rather than the action adventure types. I played the game all the way through, and have been doing side missions lately and i haven't had any problems with the game, no bugs, glitches, or freezing. Sometimes there's the occasional sound-effect slip where Altair hits a guard and no sound is produced, though that really doesn't bother me at all. Overall Assassin's Creed was a great game, with a compelling story line, amazing gameplay, and stunning visuals. The only real let down were the side missions which I expected to be a bit more profitable in some way, rather than saving civilians and collecting flags upon flags. I can't wait to purchase the second installment whenever it may be released. AC=9/10

-Marek

jononotbono
11-24-2007, 11:59 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Marek86:
Honestly I think people expect to much from games these days.
-Marek </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

erm, well when theres this thing of having to spend 350 on a console, then at least 500 on a HD screen, then 40 for online play then upto 50 for a single game i want a lot.

gaming these days is way off, and if theres massive hype and masses of money spent then i want massive games.

when the ps3 has a catalogue of games which it will, and like the ps2, will reign superior like any other sony product be it a car stereo or a phone, the pure simple fact that blu ray discs can store so much more will mean bigger games and this is when i sell my xbox so i get value for money. xbox for the moment, ps3 in a year.

i fogot to rate assassins creed. i give it a 4/10 over hyped, shortlived, cool graphics and free running is a good idea. repetitive and crackheads in street f.u.c.k me off

keep it tight

tmug
11-24-2007, 12:01 PM

Same old story again and again! I love it!
My nick match with my name... check the level artist in the credit buddy! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

It's fine that you didn't like the game... do you serious think I actually care!? We can't please everyone and we understood that a long time ago... GOW is a great game, linear game, but a great one.

Enjoy your time with GOW!
ahahah! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, just goes to show that "non-linear" is not a magic word that will make any old amateurish game design a good one.

tmug
11-24-2007, 12:16 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jononotbono:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Marek86:

erm, well when theres this thing of having to spend 350 on a console, then at least 500 on a HD screen, then 40 for online play then upto 50 for a single game i want a lot.

gaming these days is way off, and if theres massive hype and masses of money spent then i want massive games.

when the ps3 has a catalogue of games which it will, and like the ps2, will reign superior like any other sony product be it a car stereo or a phone, the pure simple fact that blu ray discs can store so much more will mean bigger games and this is when i sell my xbox so i get value for money. xbox for the moment, ps3 in a year.

i fogot to rate assassins creed. i give it a 4/10 over hyped, shortlived, cool graphics and free running is a good idea. repetitive and crackheads in street f.u.c.k me off

keep it tight </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

not to mention if game production takes 4 years from a devteam ubi montreal's size, it should probably be a bit better.

AirRon_2K7
11-24-2007, 12:29 PM
Opinions, opinions. Tmug thinks his opinions are more valid than anyone elses, and that he knows more about Ubi than anyone else. It's a bit weird really...

tmug
11-24-2007, 12:36 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AirRon_2K7:
Opinions, opinions. Tmug thinks his opinions are more valid than anyone elses, and that he knows more about Ubi than anyone else. It's a bit weird really... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I never said that. Maybe I was a bit harsh again. Sorry. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/touche.gif

NECESARY_EVIL
11-24-2007, 12:47 PM
10/10

tmug
11-24-2007, 12:50 PM
I think this one actually sums it all up quite nicely (feel free to skip it if you're a thin-skinned fan)

http://blog.wired.com/games/2007/11/review-why-assa.html

but hey, atleast it's non-linear!

chwbcc
11-24-2007, 12:55 PM
Ok to each his own and that said I have to rae Assassin's Creed an 7.5 out of 10.

While many of you may think this is rather low I am sure that few will think this too high.

Assassin's Creed is a beautifully set world the graphics are consistant through out who ever no where near the images we all saw on the previews released last year.

What looked like a movie quality game play actually was nothing more than an updated Prince of Persia. Which is good but nothing innovative.

As someone else mentioned in the forum the plot was obvious from the very start. There have been so many movies and books published with the same start/ending it's a bit redundant. I won't spoil it here I'll let you pay $60 to find out for yourself.

Plot aside and acceptable graphics the game play is Uber Redundant!

Ok you can:
Save citizens
Climb Buildings
Pick pockets
Climb Buildings
Ride a horse
Climb Buildings
Oh and ...
Kill a whole lot of guards really really easily!

There are huge cities to Climb around and look at but very little to actually do. You can follow the straight line before you and complete the quests because there is no real incentive to do anything else. You don't get weapon upgrades or find out where teh stupid flags are hidden. YOu don't collect gold or important Plot information. Every Citizen you save tells you they have nothing for you but they can have their friends help you!

How much help do your really need in this game? A controlled Button Smash of Block and Attack is all you need with a simple rotation of the highlighted targets. You don't even need to hide if you don't want to.

This repeatition and lack of substantial goals is one of the main reason for such a low rating!

And what is the point of the Lab scenes? You get to do a whole lot of nothing that again adds little or nothing to the game play.

The remaining reason for such a low score is the fact that main character is a trained assassin with the abily to scale amazing heights, attack from the shadows yet can't swim to save his life!

I have finished the game in about 20 hours and will go back and finish the all of the achievements. I just hope I can get it all done this weekend so I can get a high trade value at the game store!

Peace!

Assassin's Creed 7.5 out of 10

Pr0metheus 1962
11-24-2007, 12:57 PM
Even if you are perfectly quiet in getting to your target, and kill him perfectly, the whole town goes imeadiatly on alert!" Even when you use the "social stealth," to your advantage, get to your target without a single alert and kill him without anyone seeing it, you still manage to set off every alarm in the whole town. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Erm, I don't know about you, but if a person gets killed and is laying in the street with all their blood coming out, it doesn't matter how stealthy the kill was, I'm kinda gonna notice, and then I'm going to alert the guards - all that is going to happen within a few seconds of me noticing the body. Call me crazy, but in my world that's generally what happens.

Why is it that all the harshest critics of this game's features have problems with the game that can be so easily countered? I mean is it a lack of ability to think things through, or is it that they have some sort of agenda that causes them to deride the game over nothing?

dsgt92d
11-24-2007, 01:15 PM
Gonna up my original take to 9.466/10 after completing the game.

All they can do is improve on the game for the sequel after the wide variety of comments from the playerbase.

The last two missions and the ending seriously raised my opinion.

tmug
11-24-2007, 01:16 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Beeryus:
Even if you are perfectly quiet in getting to your target, and kill him perfectly, the whole town goes imeadiatly on alert!" Even when you use the "social stealth," to your advantage, get to your target without a single alert and kill him without anyone seeing it, you still manage to set off every alarm in the whole town. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Erm, I don't know about you, but if a person gets killed and is laying in the street with all their blood coming out, it doesn't matter how stealthy the kill was, I'm kinda gonna notice, and then I'm going to alert the guards - all that is going to happen within a few seconds of me noticing the body. Call me crazy, but in my world that's generally what happens.

Why is it that all the harshest critics of this game's features have problems with the game that can be so easily countered? I mean is it a lack of ability to think things through, or is it that they have some sort of agenda that causes them to deride the game over nothing? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

nice generalization there. why is it that the biggest defenders of this game can't fathom that someone could just genuinely not find it all that spectacular? they must have an agenda? it's a conspiracy! it's not derision, it's just an opinion. get over it.

BTOG46
11-24-2007, 01:36 PM
Apart from the occasional Official announcement from Ubi, virtually everything on these forums is just opinion.
I can't understand why some people get so upset over things.

Tela
11-24-2007, 01:37 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Beeryus:

Why is it that all the harshest critics of this game's features have problems with the game that can be so easily countered? I mean is it a lack of ability to think things through, or is it that they have some sort of agenda that causes them to deride the game over nothing? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

nice generalization there. why is it that the biggest defenders of this game can't fathom that someone could just genuinely not find it all that spectacular? they must have an agenda? it's a conspiracy! it's not derision, it's just an opinion. get over it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ohmigosh, you actually said it was an OPINION?! Good for you! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

...No, I'm not being sarcastic. Too many people are saying that what they THINK is a fact. It's nice to hear someone say differently.

Marek86
11-24-2007, 01:57 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jononotbono:

Well I don't know about you, but I don't have to buy a new TV, console, and online account whenever I purchase a new game. And if you have a steady job, it isn't a lot of money to dish out everyonce and awhile. I have to disagree with you when you say 'gaming these days is way off' I have been impressed or at least satisfied with games I've recently played. I just think that people play games expecting way too much, you can expect disspaointments, but be a little less harsh on how you rate these games that take years to produce. Instead of going into the game with a positive or negative mindset, try an OPEN mindset. This way you can see the games pros, and cons, and then decide how much you like or don't like it. That may have been part of the problem with AC, there was just way too much hype, and all these theories that escalated to a point where some just became ridiculous and the main plot dissapointed some fans. Such as the sci-fi twist, which I actually thought was really cool, but other fans early on thought it was stupid. Though this allows for a more original storyline in the franchise, and more opportunities in the future. Some games these days are lame because their story isn't interesting enough. The story of a game is one thing that makes it great and compells fans to play the game.

lemonFlashclean
11-24-2007, 04:00 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cmcdannold:

its a pants game, games are more than nice graphics and back drops!!! iv seen better games in my time this dont ever come close. a linar game like GOW gets 10/10 at least u got online play. AC aint even got downloadable content!!! no way it scores a 7,8,9 or even a 10. Im actually goin to drop my score score froma a low 6 to a low 3 its thats bad. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

1) What does "pants" mean? I've heard a lot of idioms from across the pond, but this one is new. The context clues I am picking up makes me believe it is equates to "bad", but would rather get a clarification.

2) What is the significance of the forum link you have in your sig? It says it is a fake screenshot repository for the upcoming GTA. So, I am not understanding what I am supposed to be seeing.

--Dano </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your a smart one DAN, yeah it means sh1te. As for the pic yeah it is fake and so is a lot of the other pics from where i got it.

So you got a problem ??

Smoked911
11-24-2007, 04:28 PM
haha When you go around making fun of peoples posts and sig's you really know your defending a game seriously...

and the reason ps3 has problems is because they stupid

Ps3 sucks http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/mockface.gif

DanoTheOverlord
11-24-2007, 06:18 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cmcdannold:

--Dano </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your a smart one DAN, yeah it means sh1te. As for the pic yeah it is fake and so is a lot of the other pics from where i got it.

So you got a problem ?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No problem, just curious. I actually like to understand what I am reading rather than assume I know what the other person is talking about. I still do not understand why you linked to that particular thread. But, I see you changed the link, so it really is not important. Thanks for confirming the definition of "pants", and for mocking my questions. Nice to feel so welcome.

jononotbono
11-26-2007, 06:21 AM

Well I don't know about you, but I don't have to buy a new TV, console, and online account whenever I purchase a new game. And if you have a steady job, it isn't a lot of money to dish out everyonce and awhile. I have to disagree with you when you say 'gaming these days is way off' I have been impressed or at least satisfied with games I've recently played. I just think that people play games expecting way too much, you can expect disspaointments, but be a little less harsh on how you rate these games that take years to produce. Instead of going into the game with a positive or negative mindset, try an OPEN mindset. This way you can see the games pros, and cons, and then decide how much you like or don't like it. That may have been part of the problem with AC, there was just way too much hype, and all these theories that escalated to a point where some just became ridiculous and the main plot dissapointed some fans. Such as the sci-fi twist, which I actually thought was really cool, but other fans early on thought it was stupid. Though this allows for a more original storyline in the franchise, and more opportunities in the future. Some games these days are lame because their story isn't interesting enough. The story of a game is one thing that makes it great and compells fans to play the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you sound ..... did you not have to buy a hdtv, a console, online subscription and the games on top? well the only way you didnt have to is because your mother probably bought it all for you

and gaming is so way off these days, u are probably the type of person, that is contempt with what you get, well my imagination is typically always thinking about how much better games can be. i dont look at a game and think wow, that looks real, because pacman and sonic the hedgehog, and flashback, all used to be wow, it looks real, in its day, now they are nothing more than 1 pixel per square foot. the games are always too short and the storylines are so uninspiring. i mean, the last really mental story line to come in a game was final fantasy 7 or the first metal gear. get over yourself little boy because no matter how much you praise this , im pretty certain microsoft, xbox, ubisoft and everyother company out there....

***edited for content- do not use this kind of language in the forums, do not bypass the autocensor again and stop insulting other forum members, otherwise your stay in this forums will be very short - //zgubilici

TBrent118
11-26-2007, 09:24 AM
With all the unique next-gen experiences such as the free-running abiliites and intuitive climbing system that follows the individual architecture of buildings, Ubisoft have used the new consoles to the best of its ability. With these into consideration, there are bound to be some bugs involved. It doesn't always happen although and it rarely takes away from the experience.
I do agree that Assassin's Creed is repetitive, but I still couldn't put this game down. The graphics were great, the combat was challenging and not some button masher, and free-running was addictively fun. There are a few out there that were dissapointed, but the sales for this game in its first week shows otherwise as the following article states:
http://www.1191ad.com/assassinscreed/link.html?i=Pk2O1o

DeAdLy2323
11-26-2007, 09:57 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Smoked911:
haha When you go around making fun of peoples posts and sig's you really know your defending a game seriously...

and the reason ps3 has problems is because they stupid

Ps3 sucks http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/mockface.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>well if that isnt trying to start a console war, i dont know what is

Onijin
11-26-2007, 12:21 PM
I will have to give AC a rating of 7.2/10 for the PS3. Please note that i'm also writing a review based on how I felt about the game just so readers who are looking at this thread for help on the purchase of AC will have a better idea of what to expect.

Assassin's Creed is a good game. While there are many great things i like about the game, there are a lot of things i dislike about the game. Please remember while many will disagree with my opinion, this is how i feel about the game and wish to provide as non biased review as i can.

The first thing i noticed about the game and many can agree with me, is the graphics. Textures look great, the surounding objects and people all look wonderful. Every once in a while, you could see a cloud's shadow as it passes over.
While the score i give for this is really high, i don't think it warrents a perfect 10 as there are still some little nit pick things that although won't matter to many people, could be improved upon. No matter how much i look at the water, there seems to be an odd behaviour, look, and feel of the ocean. Other than that, everything is perfect. 9.5/10

The sound, voice acting, music, ambience is the next thing i noticed. Everything, again was great. I loved how all the sounds made one feel like they were in the game, as if it brought the inanimate objects alive, made the people feel real (to a degree). The music really set the mood and although there is nothing memorable (like mario or zelda) still contributes a lot to the atmosphere of the game and shouldn't be overlooked.
Of all the sounds, there was one things that felt off. The voice acting of one perticular person, the main character, is one of these things. Now, i don't know if it was intentional to make him sound american in a world where everyone else had an accent and voice that made a character. The main characters voice sounded bland and emotionless. If this was intentional, i'm all for it, but the problem is that it didn't feel intentional. Overall, great sound, music ambience. 9/10

In a single player game, story is a very important structure that keeps the game moving and the audience wanting more. There are two views on this one currently. One where people feel that the twist was revieled too soon. The other where this is fine. I will limbo on this one, as i'm not a writer and do not know exactly how to tell a story. In my opinion however, the story is pretty straight foward. You learn more about the character and the plot as you play. It's no master piece, but it's still captivating. There are a bit of interesting points in the game where you can interact with items to reviel more of the plot. Overall i think this catagory is mediocre. 7.5/10

Gameplay is the most important aspect of a game. Fortunately for AC, the gameplay is unique. Lots of free running, very interesting style of play with the action/blend toggles. Unfortunately for AC, the gameplay gets boring fast and by boring i mean it gets horribly repetative. The missions don't change. The fights remain the same. Everything you do in the later levels are exactly the same as everything you did back when you started the first levels.
On a possitive note the graphics, sound and freedom allows for a wonderful experience like you are actually the main character immersed in the era of the crusades. The character is easy to control with minimal issues, the free running feels smooth and accurate and the climbing looks fluid in motion. This falls short however due to the issues of bad frame rates, freezing issues and screen tearing. This may, or may not be important to you, but as a game which is made for a next gen console, this creates a feeling of an unpolished game taking away from the enjoyment of playing. Of course this is a personal preference.
More positives, the cities are superb, big environments, with plenty of room to run around and explore. Many different people to interact with like the village drunks and beggers to the thugs an civilians. Again, like the previous problems of gameplay, this is also repetative. After having the drunk/beggers harass you for the 100th time, you begin to wonder why they specifically target only you. The large environment allows great exploration but with little reward for doing so as the only pickups in this game are flags.
The AI in the game is substandard at best. There are different ways to create a game with social stealth. AC is programmed in a way that makes the game feel like the people around you don't really make a difference. This is shown through the AI of the guards having almost no inteligence following a simple predictable path when chasing and no searching ability (you ran down a deadend ally without civilians only to hide on a bench with 2 others, yet you now can't be found). The fights are easy with little variation. The pickpocket challenge is easy all around with no variation. Overall, i think that the AI could have been made smart and still keep the game easy with varrying difficulty. Right now, the low intelegence AI is what's limiting this game to be easy with virtually no variance in difficulty. This along with the repetativeness of the game really hurts the gameplay. 5/10

Overall, this game is fun, interesting and unique. While it does get boring and there are multiple bugs/issues with the game, the vast environment and beauty of the game gives AC something many other games do not have. If you are torn between buying or renting for the PS3, my vote will have to go with rental. With a clock in time of around 24 hours and no online play/little replay value, unless you are set on buying, a weekend or two of renting will give you the most bang for your buck.

Dvlos56
11-26-2007, 12:22 PM
7/10 game (360)

Pros: Graphics
- Recreated ancient cities
- Free running for the first few hours

Cons: No mission variety.
- No gameplay depth
- Easy combat
- Bad AI for guards and the crowd.
- No replayability unless you just love repetitive gaming.

Not even as good as Halo 3, and Halo 3 is a run of the mill shooter. At least the loaded that game with features. Pales in comparison with games like Mass Effect, Crysis, or Bioshock.

all_seeing_1978
11-26-2007, 03:18 PM
not that it matters cause no one ever cares what I post on this forum.

I have spent a week on AC and can't be happier. I have had no bugs except 1 freeze. I have finished the game and I can't wait for the next one. The only problem I have is that stupid begger lady!!!!!!

Tela
11-26-2007, 03:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by all_seeing_1978:
not that it matters cause no one ever cares what I post on this forum.

I have spent a week on AC and can't be happier. I have had no bugs except 1 freeze. I have finished the game and I can't wait for the next one. The only problem I have is that stupid begger lady!!!!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif
Though, the beggars(and other harrassers) were meant to be annoying.

all_seeing_1978
11-26-2007, 03:27 PM
yeah I know but I wish you could throw them money sometimes. I assassinated one who got in my way on one of those timed assassination missions and alerted my target!!!!! argh

Tela
11-26-2007, 04:00 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by all_seeing_1978:
yeah I know but I wish you could throw them money sometimes. I assassinated one who got in my way on one of those timed assassination missions and alerted my target!!!!! argh </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have to wonder: How much money does Altair actually have on him?

xnucerx
11-26-2007, 05:11 PM
honestly, the reason why you dislike Assassin's Creed so much is most likely because you have a PS3. On the 360, the game is remarkable.

all_seeing_1978
11-30-2007, 01:33 PM
pr<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tela:
yeah I know but I wish you could throw them money sometimes. I assassinated one who got in my way on one of those timed assassination missions and alerted my target!!!!! argh </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have to wonder: How much money does Altair actually have on him? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
probably not a dime. If he did we could throw money and get that woman out of the way.

schnacky
10-17-2008, 08:57 PM
ok, i've been playing wow for far too long. i just bought this game today because i am very tired of blizzard and don't want to play the stupid new expansion...meh, who cares about stupid new quests and all...i must say, this game sux. after watching a 5 minute introduction for NO reason, i still haven't played any game time. i am absolutely NOT impressed by this game ONE BIT! Plus the idiodic menus and the bs "futuristic" game platform, which i am still waiting to happen...btw, this game utterly fails. the only thing i wish is that i could take it back to the store for a refund. AND here's the kicker, if i could actually GET to freaking playing the stupid game instead of all the animation scenes you put in, maybe, just maybe i would have something better to say...but for now... well you can figure the rest out.

***edited for content - these are E-rated forums, do not use that kind of expressions or language when posting again - thanks

Pr0metheus 1962
10-18-2008, 11:36 AM
So let me get this straight - on the strength of watching the INTRO, and before actually playing the game at all, you've decided this game sucks? Well, based on seeing one post from you, I can deduce that you're an idiot.

ScytheOfGrim
10-18-2008, 11:41 AM
So let me get this straight - on the strength of watching the INTRO, and before actually playing the game at all, you've decided this game sucks? Well, based on seeing one post from you, I can deduce that you're an idiot. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What are you talking about?!
The other day I was at the library, and I saw this book with a horrible cover, so I knew it sucked!

Sheesh! Let's be logical, okay?

spazzoo1025
10-18-2008, 11:43 AM
*Gets out teaching hat*
(is there such a thing??)

Beeryus, lemme give you a few lessons when it comes to dealing with trolls
1. If they resurrect a thread just to ***** and have nothing constructive to say, ignore it and move on.
2. don't insult them, just makes them enter super-troll mode and whine about how they're mistreated and censored and crap
http://www.russiablog.org/DontFeedtheTrolls.jpg

EDIT: ah sweet! it doesn't censor *****!

ScytheOfGrim
10-18-2008, 11:47 AM
I love how you broke the auto-censor there. xD

What are you on about?
There is nothing more fun than feeding a troll.

You stuff 'em up and watch them expand to the point of explosion.
Hilarious stuff.

spazzoo1025
10-18-2008, 11:50 AM
like pigeons and rice?

and lol i just put bi**h in asterisks to be nice and confuse ppl

zgubilici
10-18-2008, 11:51 AM
Ok guys, you've made your point(s). It's time to let this one rest, otherwise it will only get worse.
Thanks.

ScytheOfGrim
10-18-2008, 11:52 AM
Darn you. &gt;_&gt;
When did you ever get smart enough to think that up? xD

Oh yes, like pigeons and rice...
Randomly off-topic... &gt;_&gt;

EDIT:
GARH! Lock &gt;_&lt;

BTOG46
10-18-2008, 11:54 AM
Before I was a mod, I used to innocently goad them till they ended up banned. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/halo.gif

I can't do that now. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif

But I can ban them myself now. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

spazzoo1025
10-18-2008, 11:57 AM
get to it then, you lot

lock this hootspah of guff http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

zgubilici
10-18-2008, 12:02 PM
Once again:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by zgubilici:
Ok guys, you've made your point(s). It's time to let this one rest, otherwise it will only get worse.
Thanks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This thread stays temporarily open, but please don't feed the troll anymore.
And also the chat thread awaits for the randomness http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
Thanks.