PDA

View Full Version : Classic 'Dogfight Doubles'.

ytareh
11-05-2007, 05:47 PM
Im thinking of setting up a dogfight server to have opposing pairs of planes only available-ie one red and one blue....Of course the Warbirds of Prey servers Spits Vs 109s and Zekes Vs Wildcats are legendary even if they dont actually feature only 2 opponents.(Did they ever?)
I know of at least two of this style of server ran in the past that Ive enjoyed- by the Fighting Irish Squadron once a week (their P47D Late Vs Fw190D9 was fun)and by a guy called 'Polish Beginner'(Tempest Vs 190D9)
So what do you think -good idea or bad ?suggestions for pair ups?I was thinking 109G6AS Vs Yak 3 maybe, although Cr42 Vs Gladiator would be fun Id bet.Should I be looking at two very closely matched planes eg Yak1B and Bf109F4 or a faster plane against a more maneuverable one eg Bf110G2 Vs I16-24???Any thoughts /ideas appreciated.

ytareh
11-05-2007, 05:47 PM
Im thinking of setting up a dogfight server to have opposing pairs of planes only available-ie one red and one blue....Of course the Warbirds of Prey servers Spits Vs 109s and Zekes Vs Wildcats are legendary even if they dont actually feature only 2 opponents.(Did they ever?)
I know of at least two of this style of server ran in the past that Ive enjoyed- by the Fighting Irish Squadron once a week (their P47D Late Vs Fw190D9 was fun)and by a guy called 'Polish Beginner'(Tempest Vs 190D9)
So what do you think -good idea or bad ?suggestions for pair ups?I was thinking 109G6AS Vs Yak 3 maybe, although Cr42 Vs Gladiator would be fun Id bet.Should I be looking at two very closely matched planes eg Yak1B and Bf109F4 or a faster plane against a more maneuverable one eg Bf110G2 Vs I16-24???Any thoughts /ideas appreciated.

Lurch1962
11-05-2007, 05:58 PM
Don't know about the "classic" part, but...
Bf-110G vs Pe-3 bis.
Hurri MkI vs G-50.
Val vs SBD.
Ki-27 vs Buffalo.

Rood-Zwart
11-05-2007, 08:50 PM
Tb-3 vs Tb-3

Its more like a battle with flying battleships than a dogfight, but the most fun you can have in this game IMHO

Kernow
11-06-2007, 06:55 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ytareh:
Im thinking of setting up a dogfight server to have opposing pairs of planes only available-ie one red and one blue....Of course the Warbirds of Prey servers Spits Vs 109s and Zekes Vs Wildcats are legendary even if they dont actually feature only 2 opponents.(Did they ever?) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

think some of the early war missions do feature just wildcats and A6M2s, although there would be SBDs, D3As, G4Ms as required for bombing.

Tempest/190D-9 & Yak-1b/109G-2 are both very close match-ups and the suggestions above are also fun.

LaGG-3 ser4/109E-7 is also very close. This LaGG is usually outclassed in historic scenarios by the F-2/4, but there were still plenty of Emils around for Barbarossa. LaGG is about 15 kph faster, but Emil climbs and turns better (especially at slow speed).

Ki-84 v Yak-3 or 9U - very close all round.

Spit Vb/c v A6M3 - very close all round at low level.

190A-8 v P-47D-27 - also close

Some unequal (generally speed v manoeuvrability) but fair match-ups might be:
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>Finnish Hurri I v I-16 or Gladiator v I-153

P-63 v 190D-9

Spit VIII/IX v 190A-5/6[/list]
Good luck with the server. IMO the best, most fun, DFs have very limited planesets like the 1 fighter per side you're thinking of.

Ratsack
11-06-2007, 06:59 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kernow:

Some unequal (generally speed v manoeuvrability) but fair match-ups might be:

Spit VIII/IX v 190A-5/6 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This would be great fun. Even with the 190 A-8.

cheers,
Ratsack

DKoor
11-06-2007, 07:07 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rood-Zwart:
Tb-3 vs Tb-3

Its more like a battle with flying battleships than a dogfight, but the most fun you can have in this game IMHO </div></BLOCKQUOTE>This man has point.

Nothing t0ps TB-3 vs TB-3 catfight.

WN_Barbarossa
11-06-2007, 08:09 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DKoor:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rood-Zwart:
Tb-3 vs Tb-3

Its more like a battle with flying battleships than a dogfight, but the most fun you can have in this game IMHO </div></BLOCKQUOTE>This man has point.

Nothing t0ps TB-3 vs TB-3 catfight. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif I have tried it a couple of times with my friends, and it just rocks! It has a certain feeling when you're chasing a smoking, turnfighting TB-3 with another one. BTW I prefer unlimited ammo in this kind of fight, so your gunners can go totally crazy http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

SlickStick
11-06-2007, 09:36 AM
Tb-3 vs Tb-3

Its more like a battle with flying battleships than a dogfight, but the most fun you can have in this game IMHO </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Especially, if you use the SPB versions and strap a couple of I-16s underneath, but they are not allowed to detatch until the TB3 is going down. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif Flying PBY as AI fights are fun, too.

Jumping back and forth into the gunner's positions is a blast and the best is when you kill one of the enemy gunners, but it was the human controlling it. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Dogfighting bombers is the shiznet! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

I like a Spit Vc against 109-F4 match-up. The Spitfire has to work a little harder as it does not climb as well, but the dogfights are fun.

cmirko
11-06-2007, 11:56 AM
check 102nd_COOP_ded server in map 97 (4v4) and map 98 (2v2) fights

very "sporting" planesets...

http://102nd.servebeer.com/Server/cmirko_mission_briefings/index.htm