PDA

View Full Version : help - how to deal with late war russians?

KraljMatjaz
05-31-2005, 06:36 AM
Hi all

i am flying (on line) late war german planes (mostly K4, also G6AS, A8, D9). 1v1, it seems I only have a chance of succsess up high, above 5-6000m, (but not against yak9u).

however, my greatest enemyes down low (where i mostly dogfight) are La7 end especially yak3. whatever I do, they can do it better. yak3 is really giving me a hard time. i fly full real, with CEM, maybe icons on.

i know those planes were among the best in ww2, but is there anything i can do and they cannot?

ty for advice

KraljMatjaz
05-31-2005, 06:36 AM
Hi all

i am flying (on line) late war german planes (mostly K4, also G6AS, A8, D9). 1v1, it seems I only have a chance of succsess up high, above 5-6000m, (but not against yak9u).

however, my greatest enemyes down low (where i mostly dogfight) are La7 end especially yak3. whatever I do, they can do it better. yak3 is really giving me a hard time. i fly full real, with CEM, maybe icons on.

i know those planes were among the best in ww2, but is there anything i can do and they cannot?

ty for advice

alert_1
05-31-2005, 06:53 AM
B&Z, try lure them up Bf109 G6/AS shouldbe capable enough even for dogfight with them. Unfortunetely La7 is little overmodelled in climb department and acceleration (Bf109G6AS=3100kg/1800hp, La7 3240kg/1850hp, wing area 17.3 and 17.9 m respectively, they should be very close in preformance)

lbhskier37
05-31-2005, 11:08 AM
get above them, keep your speed up, and bnz them. They stand no chance if you keep it in the vertical.

jurinko
05-31-2005, 11:34 AM
you need surprise, altitude advantage and good aim. Do not fight them bellow 5km, and you can always disengage by diving. Russian wooden stuff doesnâ´t like to dive..

NorrisMcWhirter
05-31-2005, 12:10 PM
As suggested, bnz but watch the poor elevator response at speed. If things look dicey for the zoom, carry on going down and disengage.

Apart from the La7, a lot of VVS simply won't catch a K4 in a spiral climb (well, they don't seem to catch me, anyway), especially after an extension. Try luring them into these then request a teammate to bag them while they are slow and cannot get away.

In fact, that is your best course of action. Like the US pilots in the early Pacific who were often outclassed in terms of aircraft, team up and conquer. Fly loosely with someone (maybe 1.5km apart) so that a bandits turning up won't be put off by two people who are obviously teamworking in tight formation. Once they've took the bait, drag and bag.

Cheers,
Norris

jugent
05-31-2005, 12:29 PM
Talk to Oleg its very hard to deal with planes that curvs, climbs, outpeeds and outguns you.
You must surprise them, catch them with their pants down, so to say.
And if you dont kill them with your first attempt, run like ****

OldMan____
05-31-2005, 12:56 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alert_1:
B&Z, try lure them up Bf109 G6/AS shouldbe capable enough even for dogfight with them. Unfortunetely La7 is little overmodelled in climb department and acceleration (Bf109G6AS=3100kg/1800hp, La7 3240kg/1850hp, wing area 17.3 and 17.9 m respectively, they should be very close in preformance) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

More important. Bf109 has higher aspect ratio what results in less drag per square meter of wing area.

Does anyone has info about N.A.C.A wing from LA planes? I am performing some drag calculations (aproximated) based on NACA data, but I need some info on this planes.

Atomic_Marten
05-31-2005, 01:08 PM
One good (I honestly believe so) advice is to never intentionally engage fighter on equal terms or disadvantage terms on your side.
If you fly 'realistic' good advantage means; either he did not see you (!) or you have significant speed/alt advantage.

If you obey that you will be fine, pretty much regardless what you fly.

Jasko76
05-31-2005, 01:13 PM
Fast in - fast out. Never stay and dogfight if you miss him. Instead, use your superior speed and climb away, get some distance between you and him, and try again. B&Z is the mantra when fighting late war Russians.

F19_Ob
05-31-2005, 01:47 PM
Against these late fighters there are only 3 options.
U must have the energy advantage and be able to fire at long distances such as 400-500m. (Spray 30 mm at a distance a head of the target. I usually try to hit on very long range 600m)
Be satisfied with one kill.
Fly with mates.

If u encounter any of these at same energylevel U will be in real trouble.
The yak3 is very good with energy but becomes stally when low on it and it doesnt accellerate aswell. Yak3p is better because of the armament .
A yak expert should be able to hit u at 400-500m in a chase. So although a bf 109 accellerates better it still cant outfly bullets.

The La7 does everything better than a 109 exept dives (but close). Latest marks with three 20mm cannons have as good armament as 109's with 30mm.
If U meet an expert U wont survive.

This means U must stay out of sight and have the energy advantage before u even consider attacking. Help mates in trouble but dont go after the ones aware of U. Eventually U might end up on the deck and there U are easy prey. The only option is to stay close to friendlies and/or head out of the combat area before climbing to altitude again.

Now U know how the russians felt early in the war. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

These are more or less the only options.

tigertalon
05-31-2005, 03:26 PM
Down low against any russian, which you meet 1v1 on equal terms, odds are against you. Try to get him above 4k to have any chances of sucsess (this is hard with La7 as he will probably be faster and faster climbing than you). All russians loose steam above 4-5k. Turning with them is suicide.

Seems that you are turning too much (because you said Yak3 beats you most) - don't. Germans are built to climb and dive.

LStarosta
05-31-2005, 05:03 PM
Since when is your average La7 driver an "expert"?

WTE_Ibis
06-01-2005, 03:53 AM
Since he shot me down. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

WTE_Ibis
06-01-2005, 03:54 AM
I know, I know, I'm easy but I have a lot of fun. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif