PDA

View Full Version : Helmschmied armor worth

MinerVAX09
03-09-2011, 04:06 AM
So I was looking at AC:Brotherhood vids to see about the helmschmied armor..And you can't change the color, so your robes are black and red? What's up with that? and there's no greaves?and Let's face it, sometimes you want Ezio's look without any chest armor, right?
Was it really worth getting the game with the armor?

MinerVAX09
03-09-2011, 04:06 AM
So I was looking at AC:Brotherhood vids to see about the helmschmied armor..And you can't change the color, so your robes are black and red? What's up with that? and there's no greaves?and Let's face it, sometimes you want Ezio's look without any chest armor, right?
Was it really worth getting the game with the armor?

Murcuseo
03-09-2011, 04:08 AM
I think you get it free with the latest DLC, for consoles anyway. As for PC, I'm not sure.

MinerVAX09
03-09-2011, 04:10 AM
I think it's included, considering the DLC itself is already included in PC....But was the armor really that worth it?

Lass4r
03-09-2011, 05:56 AM
No, Im sick and tired of my armor by now, and its glitched so you can't change back to the regular Ezio look. Only thing that works is changing into Raiden, Desmond, or any of the other skins.

It doesnt even look that great =/ ah well.

ILLusioNaire
03-09-2011, 09:39 AM
I thought it looked good. Not great but good. It certainly looks better than the Armor of Brutus. Was it worth coming with the DLC you ask? I would say yes. You can't change the color of your cape, but that's because it is a fixed outfit. But if you ask me they should've just made the armor itself available so you could use it with all types of colors. I do like the red and black mixture they have going on, but it is not my favorite. I would've liked to use that armor wearing the Ivory color.

ChaosxNetwork
03-09-2011, 01:05 PM
It is my favorite armor.

MinerVAX09
03-09-2011, 04:55 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ILLusioNaire:
I thought it looked good. Not great but good. It certainly looks better than the Armor of Brutus. Was it worth coming with the DLC you ask? I would say yes. You can't change the color of your cape, but that's because it is a fixed outfit. But if you ask me they should've just made the armor itself available so you could use it with all types of colors. I do like the red and black mixture they have going on, but it is not my favorite. I would've liked to use that armor wearing the Ivory color. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would say it's good too, I actually can't wait to get it...But honestly, I hope they just set the color to Assassin's White, it's much more fitting for AC series obviously IMO. I also wish you could remove AT LEAST the chest plate, because sometimes I don't feel very stealthy if I have lots of armor...But I guess it's just appearance no?

Krayus Korianis
03-10-2011, 11:54 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MinerVAX09:
I think it's included, considering the DLC itself is already included in PC....But was the armor really that worth it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You aren't paying 800 MSP/9.99 USD/GBP (PSN) for just the armor. You're paying for the DLC (The Da Vinci Disappearance), new MP characters as well as the Officer and Harlequin; And the two maps in MP too. AS well as the two Templar Lairs and the Helmschmied Drachen Armor. You also get a new game mode, Hazzard, as well as the 5 Harlequins to beat up that are thirsty. You also are buying 10 new Achievements.

I'd say that's well worth the $10 USD/GBP...

WNxLuckyXIII
03-10-2011, 12:21 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MinerVAX09:
I would say it's good too, I actually can't wait to get it...But honestly, I hope they just set the color to Assassin's White, it's much more fitting for AC series obviously IMO. I also wish you could remove AT LEAST the chest plate, because sometimes I don't feel very stealthy if I have lots of armor...But I guess it's just appearance no? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

[Minor spoilers, I guess]

To be fair, the head of the Assassins traditionally wears black instead of white.

ILLusioNaire
03-11-2011, 11:00 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ILLusioNaire:
I thought it looked good. Not great but good. It certainly looks better than the Armor of Brutus. Was it worth coming with the DLC you ask? I would say yes. You can't change the color of your cape, but that's because it is a fixed outfit. But if you ask me they should've just made the armor itself available so you could use it with all types of colors. I do like the red and black mixture they have going on, but it is not my favorite. I would've liked to use that armor wearing the Ivory color. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would say it's good too, I actually can't wait to get it...But honestly, I hope they just set the color to Assassin's White, it's much more fitting for AC series obviously IMO. I also wish you could remove AT LEAST the chest plate, because sometimes I don't feel very stealthy if I have lots of armor...But I guess it's just appearance no? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, I wish all armor pieces were removable. I don't mind and actually like to have armor, but sometimes I want to take it all off. But uh, the armor definately looks sharp in white. I would like to be able to dye all the armor clothing, like Altair's Armor and the Armor of Brutus. And I wanted to change the dye of the cape as well. Also, using different outfits with different armors would be cool too. Like using Altair's clothing with Drachen Armor, or Altair's armor with Ezio's ACB clothing.