PDA

View Full Version : Gear - For the gazillionth time

day_trader_az
05-09-2005, 12:19 AM
OK, I give up. New user. Gear doesn't work in training mode, and no answers apparent at this site. I can't be the first..thx.. Andy

day_trader_az
05-09-2005, 12:19 AM
OK, I give up. New user. Gear doesn't work in training mode, and no answers apparent at this site. I can't be the first..thx.. Andy

day_trader_az
05-09-2005, 12:24 AM
As a clarification, I checked to see the action was assigned to 'G'. I even changed it to another key then returned the assignment to 'G', still no success in any of the training modes. Thx.. Andy

JunkoIfurita
05-09-2005, 12:31 AM
I bet you're flying the Wildcat (F4F3, F4F4 or FM2).

Those aircraft have Manual gear, which means originally they had to be cranked up by hand.

In game, you have to assign keys for 'manual gear up' and 'manual gear down', then tap the required key repeatadly until the gear is raised/lowered. You'll get an indicator on the screen.

Of course, I do remember reading about this in the Pacific Fighters manual - you've got the manual, right? Plenty of useful info in there.

For example: if you are in a plane where the gunsight is 'black', it's got a cover. Hit Ctrl-D by default to remove the cover. Then hit Shift-F1 to look down said gunsight. Shift-F1 can also be used to look down any gunsight that looks 'off-centre'.

----

day_trader_az
05-09-2005, 01:09 AM
Thanks. Believe it or not I am a manual reading type. I'm looking back through what was supplied to see where I missed this. Thanks.. Andy