PDA

View Full Version : CH pedal binding problems

NekoReaperman
09-03-2006, 10:27 AM
Hello, i have recently bought a pair of rudder pedals (CH Pro pedals), and am having some trouble binding them...

Now they work fine plug and play, but my current joystick has a twist-feature that i want to diaable, is there a way i can bind so the twist does nothing but the rudder pedals still work? (Or are they both considered "Joystick axis Z"?

Also, neither the joystick or the rudder pedals can be bound, when i try to change the controls and it asks me to input what i want to bind to the command, it doesnt recognise movement (either joystick or pedals)

Anyoone know why this could be? If i didnt provide the right information please let me know and i will try to get you the best info i can...

NekoReaperman
09-03-2006, 10:27 AM
Hello, i have recently bought a pair of rudder pedals (CH Pro pedals), and am having some trouble binding them...

Now they work fine plug and play, but my current joystick has a twist-feature that i want to diaable, is there a way i can bind so the twist does nothing but the rudder pedals still work? (Or are they both considered "Joystick axis Z"?

Also, neither the joystick or the rudder pedals can be bound, when i try to change the controls and it asks me to input what i want to bind to the command, it doesnt recognise movement (either joystick or pedals)

Anyoone know why this could be? If i didnt provide the right information please let me know and i will try to get you the best info i can...

horseback
09-03-2006, 12:55 PM
Just got a second set of CH pedals myself (for the backup computer my kids use). Mine didn't 'bind' at first either.

I had to bring up the CH Manager, add the pedals to a profile, and calibrate them first (and then download the profile).

THEN, the CH pedals took the Controller #1 spot, and my joystick (got an X52 for a backup) became #2; this meant that while I could 'bind' the axes to the proper controllers, I have to go into the config file to set my sensitivities now. Check out Tully's links for the proper way to do that.

Good luck.

cheers

horseback

Beuf_Ninja
09-04-2006, 02:58 AM
This is the mighty Tully's explanation of whats going on in your IL2 now that you have addsd a second controller

http://www.airwarfare.com/tech/sticks.htm

You could download the IL2 sticks utility which is in the sticky at the top of general discussion titled "IL2 important links"

Tully__
09-08-2006, 08:22 AM
Neko, you are trying to bind controller axes in the HOTAS CONTROL section of the game's controls screen right at the bottom of the page (you have to scroll down a LOT)? If not, you're trying to assign a joystick axis to a control intended only for keyboard commands http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

The game happily distinguishes between different USB controllers (axis designations will have ID1/ID2/ID3 etc appended) and will only allow one axis to be assigned to each axis control at a time, so once you've chosen the right part of the controls pages it's click, move axis and you're done.