PDA

View Full Version : What is the secret of sight?

Col_Tibbetts
04-01-2004, 05:11 PM
There must be something going on that I am not aware of since everyone out there seems to see me before I see them. The problem is that I cannot see aircraft in contrast to the ground unless they are very close. They just blend in! I am constantly fumbling with the zoom keys since the only hope I have of tracking anyone is to zoom in on them. The wide view makes all aircraft disappear unless very close.

I run at 1280x960 and have most settings set to medium. I have tried 800x600 but the beauty of the cockpits is lost and I might as well go play CFS3 for that! My tired old Ti4200 does its best but I hate to have to buy new hardware just to keep up with everyone out there.

Is their a conf.ini setting I am missing or something?

Thanks

Col_Tibbetts
04-01-2004, 05:11 PM
There must be something going on that I am not aware of since everyone out there seems to see me before I see them. The problem is that I cannot see aircraft in contrast to the ground unless they are very close. They just blend in! I am constantly fumbling with the zoom keys since the only hope I have of tracking anyone is to zoom in on them. The wide view makes all aircraft disappear unless very close.

I run at 1280x960 and have most settings set to medium. I have tried 800x600 but the beauty of the cockpits is lost and I might as well go play CFS3 for that! My tired old Ti4200 does its best but I hate to have to buy new hardware just to keep up with everyone out there.

Is their a conf.ini setting I am missing or something?

Thanks

lil_labbit
04-01-2004, 05:16 PM
You probably did, but....

Did you calibrate your monitor ????
http://epaperpress.com/monitorcal/

LOL and it aint no secret - its knowledge

And dont set it in the sun either - ya'all know what I say!

Also you might wanne try TrackIR - I dont have it (yet)
http://members.home.nl/lil.labbit/lilseesya.jpg
Night is better than Day

ZG77_Lignite
04-01-2004, 06:00 PM
Historically pilots called it 'WANTING to see the enemy'. I find a similar situation in FB (at least for me). During high tension moments, especially when the 'flight' part of your 'fight or flight' psychology kicks in, it just starts getting hard to keep track of what is going on.

I know this may sound corny, or you may think I'm being silly, but try to put yourself in the 'Attack' mindset (call it what you will, aggressiveness, killer instinct, survive at all costs, etc). It really does make a difference (at least for me).

Oh, and try 1024x768, visibility distance, object lighting, and landscape detail all at 'High'. Smooth frame rates, and smooth panning also help.