PDA

View Full Version : "Action Camera" setting under "General" tab.

Six_Gun
04-25-2010, 02:35 PM
I saw this option appear in the menu at the end of my last play through, but I'm not sure what it does and how to access it from the main menu. There's a 1-4 setting option. I've seen some games use such a setting to determine the frequency with which the action cam is used, though after setting it to 1 it still seems to employ with every assassination. I wish I could turn it off because I get tired of the camera rubber-banding around every time the action cam kicks in. It's bad enough that the camera bounces around on it's own while you're fighting, often choosing a bad spot to position itself.

Six_Gun
04-25-2010, 02:35 PM
I saw this option appear in the menu at the end of my last play through, but I'm not sure what it does and how to access it from the main menu. There's a 1-4 setting option. I've seen some games use such a setting to determine the frequency with which the action cam is used, though after setting it to 1 it still seems to employ with every assassination. I wish I could turn it off because I get tired of the camera rubber-banding around every time the action cam kicks in. It's bad enough that the camera bounces around on it's own while you're fighting, often choosing a bad spot to position itself.

Six_Gun
04-27-2010, 03:52 PM
Sorry to bump, but surely someone must be familiar with this? I cannot find this anywhere on Google, but the General settings tab does exist and it has an adjustment for the camera. I could only see it at the end of the game though.

Murcuseo
04-27-2010, 05:07 PM
I was messing about with the settings this afternoon and noticed that when climbing and free running the cemera felt slightly more intuitive when the setting was at 1, not sure if it was my imagination but it certainly seemed different.

Six_Gun
04-27-2010, 05:48 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Robson19822009:
I was messing about with the settings this afternoon and noticed that when climbing and free running the cemera felt slightly more intuitive when the setting was at 1, not sure if it was my imagination but it certainly seemed different. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>OK, great news, then I'll try another play through with it on 1. Do you know of a way to access the General tab where that setting is located without having it pop up at the end of the game though? For the life of me I can't seem to navigate to it.

Murcuseo
04-27-2010, 06:52 PM
Esc(pause)\Options\General

At least thats where it is on the PC, not that hard to find really lol

Six_Gun
04-27-2010, 10:53 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Robson19822009:
Esc(pause)\Options\General

At least thats where it is on the PC, not that hard to find really lol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Yeah I just found it earlier before coming back here. Forgot that the options menu via Esc while in game was different than the one via the main menu. Thanks.

pablocoo
04-28-2010, 12:17 AM
Isn't that option to set how ofter during combat camera changes when you're doing combo/counterattack?

Murcuseo
04-28-2010, 02:34 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pablocoo:
Isn't that option to set how ofter during combat camera changes when you're doing combo/counterattack? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not entirely sure... you'd think it was but I didn't notice much of a change during combat.

I'll test it again later and see whats what

Six_Gun
04-30-2010, 04:19 PM
I've been playing a fair bit with it set to 1 vs the default 4 and it seems to not zoom in when showing finishing moves. Finishing moves are more like a free flowing part of the game now. It doesn't do a thing for the camera's worst trait IMO though, which is the sticky camera spring while free running.

JohnConnor2012
04-30-2010, 07:39 PM
I'm going through AC1 now and must say the camera now is an improvement on the camera then. If you got stuck in a corner, not only do you get the horrendous 'close-up of wall' view but can only get out of it with WASD keys like you're backing out of a crevice or something!

darkghost1995
05-01-2010, 12:17 PM
i play on 1 it gives you more control on camera and no zoom ins on counter attacks

DexLuther
05-02-2010, 03:51 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Six_Gun:
I was messing about with the settings this afternoon and noticed that when climbing and free running the cemera felt slightly more intuitive when the setting was at 1, not sure if it was my imagination but it certainly seemed different. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>OK, great news, then I'll try another play through with it on 1. Do you know of a way to access the General tab where that setting is located without having it pop up at the end of the game though? For the life of me I can't seem to navigate to it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Stop trying to use your mouse to navigate menus in this game. You'll lose 9 times out of 10. The WSAD or arrow keys make getting to things when you want to much easier since the menus were designed for Xbox Joysticks.